• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Hand Wash Only - What Does it Mean?

I do not have the product in front of me right now, but I think it's something like the salad/berry spinner- the use and care guide will say do not immerse.
Barry Carlton
What exactly does "hand Wash only" mean. I assumed it meant to wash in the sink in dishwater like you would other dishes. My MFP gear top got water inside and is still draining after all night. Does it mean to gently wipe only the bottom? If so they should say "Do Not Immerse"

Last edited:
Barry Carlton said:
What exactly does "had Wash only" mean. I assumed it meant to wash in the sink in dishwater like you would other dishes. My MFP gear top got water inside and is still draining after all night.

Does it mean to gently wipe only the bottom? If so they should say "Do Not Immerse"

My director said the Use & Care Guide says to not immerse. I haven't looked at it yet but I did see the sticker saying to hand wash only.

At spring launch they told us the top was not dishwasher safe and should be hand WIPED. I don't have mine but I would imagine tht like the salad/berry spinner the use and care guide will say do not immerse.

Ha ha ha, Barry. Mine has been draining for the last couple of hours, too. It's just like the salad and berry spinner. I'll have to see if the center post in the lid unscrews like the spinner lid does. Guess I should read the use & care now.

I am embarrassed!!!:blushing:

I am one of those men that usually sit down and read the directions right away...first thing.

I did not this time. But there it is in bold print: do not submerge in water

Soooo....disregard my above question.

:blushing::blushing::blushing:

I think the sticker did say not to submerge in water. It also says not to take the lid apart.

NooraK said:
I think the sticker did say not to submerge in water. It also says not to take the lid apart.

The use and care says not to submerge in water.

The sticker only said "Hand Wash Only" in Eng., French, Spanish, and German.

Barry Carlton said:

Ok, I must have read it in the U&C or the new product flyer then. :)

Barry Carlton said:

Yup that's what my sticker said.

What Does "Hand Wash Only" Mean?

When a product or garment is labeled as "hand wash only", it means that it should be washed by hand using gentle cleaning methods rather than being put in the washing machine or dishwasher.

Why Can't I Put Items Labeled "Hand Wash Only" in the Dishwasher or Washing Machine?

Products or garments labeled as "hand wash only" are typically made from delicate materials that can be damaged by the harsh agitation and high heat of dishwashers and washing machines. Hand washing allows for more gentle cleaning and helps prolong the life of the item.

What Materials Can Be Hand Washed?

Most commonly, items labeled as "hand wash only" are made from delicate fabrics like silk, lace, or wool. However, some kitchen items like wooden cutting boards or non-stick cookware may also be labeled as hand wash only to protect their surfaces.

How Do I Hand Wash an Item?

To hand wash an item, fill a clean sink or basin with lukewarm water and a mild detergent. Submerge the item and gently agitate it with your hands, being careful not to wring or twist the fabric. Rinse thoroughly with clean water and gently squeeze out excess water. Lay flat to dry.

Can I Ever Put "Hand Wash Only" Items in the Washing Machine or Dishwasher?

It is always best to follow the care instructions on the label of the item. However, some items labeled as "hand wash only" may be able to be washed in the washing machine or dishwasher on a gentle cycle. Check the label or contact the manufacturer for specific care instructions.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• confusedturtle
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
chefann
  • ddcook
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
D_Patel
  • ChefPaulaB