• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Spooktacular Halloween Goody Bags | Mini Catalog, Candy & More!

In summary, Lisa is trying to come up with an idea for this year's mini catalog and business card. She is also considering a gift certificate for a free Cinnamon Plus Spice blend.
ChefNelson
Gold Member
So last year I made up goody bags for parents of trick-or-treaters in our neighborhood. They had the cute poem that's been going around (the one with all the candy names), a mini catalog, corresponding candy, a business card, and a coupon inside for $5 off any sized order or something along those lines. I got ZERO response from it (though there were some enthusiastic people as they were handed out), but I'm still willing to try it again.

This year I'm thinking I'll have a mini catalog, business card, Nov/Dec host/guest special flyer, a piece of candy, and I'm thinking a gift certificate for a free Cinnamon Plus Spice blend (just because I love the stuff). I'm trying to decide what the terms should be though... should they have to place a minimum order to get that? Would you place a $20 for a free spice if you got one? Is there a better idea? I really need bookings, should I offer the free spice if they book a show? That doesn't seem incentive enough for me...

Another thought is to just give them the spice but say on there that they have to call or e-mail me to get it... that would get the person to have contact with me so I can introduce myself and invite them to have a show and get them on my mailing list. Of course, in the end I might just give away the spice and never hear from them again.

Other ideas?

I would say something like FREE ?? with a $30.00 order, remember in Nov. when you order $60.00 you can get xyz FREE or with a $100.00 order get xyz FREE, get $50.00 and why not have a show??

Or something like that??? Sorry tired, and so not creative 2nite. My poor little Pumpkin Whoopie pies for dds Halloween party tomorrow look sad. She said something was up, as I'm so good at things usually. :yuck:

But maybe have it as a check list??

__ $30.00 order - FREE Sprinkle
__ $60.00 order - Choose from: FREE
__ $100.00 Order - Choose from: FREE
__ $150.00 Order(s) - Above and additional % off

HTH, or gives you an idea.

Lisa

Where in WI are you?? I've got family that live in Madison, Oregon and surrounding areas!! LOVE it out there!

Thanks for the ideas - I kinda like the checklist! We're in Oshkosh, WI - about 2 hours from Madison, and between Milwaukee and Green Bay. :)

What ever you do , keep it simple and don't put too much cost behind it. The reason? This is a "cold" way to get contacts. Which means that the ball is in their court to contact you, the chances of that - very little, like your experience last year.

this is my first time doing these but hoping for some responses. =)

Attachments

• smartie 1.jpg
    smartie 1.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 745
  • smartie 2.jpg
    smartie 2.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 615
You may just want to put a sticker coupon on the back of your business card. If they book within the next 30 days, maybe offer $20 in free products.I have found it very unsuccessful to just hand out my information without getting theirs in return. Honestly, I wouldn't go overboard with it. That, of course is my opinion and personal experience.

lol - I'm thinking maybe just having my Pampered Chef banner out and my car (with PC decals and my info) parked in the driveway (but it will go back in the garage before the kids go to bed - one year my sister's car got pumpkin'ed and it actually dented her car pretty bad) and have mini catalogs and business cards at the ready. We have such sporadic numbers come through our neighborhood, I'd have no idea how many bags to make up. I used to make the goody bags for my daughter's preschool class to put in their backpacks, but I'm pretty sure that's a no-no now that she's in "real school" and all the rules on candy, etc. Guess I'd better go label some mini-catalogs and attach my sticky notes to the back for their info ;)

our kids are little & we're going to a harvest festival at our church so i'm going to hand them out there & the rest i'll be handing out at a booth i have on nov 5th. =)

People come to our neighborhood in carloads. I have about 400 pieces of candy to pass out. I am going to hand out the mini holiday flyer to the people I don't recognize with a sticker on. I have 75 of them so .. I am also going to wear my Pampered Chef Apron while I pass out candy or my vest from Grand Opening.

Last year I put made up goodie bags using ziplock bags. I put a label on the front "For the Mummies" and had a mummy picture on it. In it I had:

Smartees
a note "Be A Smartie, Book a Party"
a coupon for a percentage off if they ordered or booked within 30 days
a business card

I gave out about 100, and got 0 return. This year I won't bother.

I figure there is some value to the advertising handing out these little bags provides. I had the plastic bags left over from last year, spent the $3.75 on mini catalogs, and don't consider any of the mini cat specials flyers I printed out to be that great of an expense (plus I'd be handing them out one way or another anyway!). My thought on offering the spice (or something) is that it's perfect because I'll only have to spend the money if someone redeems it... of course, the idea is to convince someone to contact me and ultimately get them to spend more money with me than I'd spend on them. :)I've got 23 bags made up (just how many plastic bags I had left from last year) and will add a sticker to my business card offering the free spice with $20 order by November 15. I'll offer an additional $20 in free product if they host a show by December 31. Can't hurt!

I have some left over door hangers from years ago. Since I am new to my area, I am just putting it out there - "I'm new to the Neighborhood" and it has everything listed that I offer from the PC and a recipe on back. I am also putting a label special for November Catalog Shows. I have never had luck with the treats for moms idea either. At this rate, just getting my name out in the neighborhood is what I want to do. Not costing me anything but the ink to print them and the labels. Virginia

I gave out all of the bags tonight and heard lots of positive responses to the parents that received them - now to wait and hope for some ROI. On the plus side, I booked a November catalog show with my neighbor in the process!

Wow, I am surprised from the lack of traffic through my huge neighborhood last night. I printed 50 doorhangers and only gave out 25. As I was passing out candy, I would tell the child, this is for your mom. I heard one lady yell out, "Oh, Pampered Chef", LOL. Who knows what will come. Virginia

I gave out 18 "treat bags" with a Mini catalog w/ specials insert. Many mom's were excited. The treat bags were on 70% off at JoAnns and I had already made up the catalogs with inserts from a vendor show I did last weekend. easy!

maybe one phone call.. maybe one show.. maybe one recruit.. :) it only takes 1!!

I passed out 28 'goodie' bags. They were sandwich bags with Cars and Tinkerbell characters on them. Inside I put the "Why be a Mummy" postcard with the corresponding candy plus some extra candy. On the outside of the bag I stapled a Holiday Mini Catalog to the bag that had the Nov/Dec Specials inside. My Mini Catalog also had some selling/recruiting stickers on it plus a sticker to promote my "Turkey Trot" for Nov. Hopefully I get some leads, only time will tell.

1. What types of goodies can I include in a Halloween goody bag?

There are endless options for Halloween goody bag fillers! Popular choices include mini candy bars, small toys or trinkets, Halloween-themed stickers or temporary tattoos, and individually wrapped baked goods or treats. You can also get creative and include items like mini Halloween bubbles, glow sticks, or small crafts.

2. How can I personalize my Halloween goody bags?

There are several ways to add a personal touch to your Halloween goody bags. You can use personalized stickers or labels with your name or a fun Halloween message, or you can tie a personalized tag onto each bag with the recipient's name. Another option is to use themed cellophane bags or decorate plain bags with Halloween stickers or drawings.

3. Can I make Halloween goody bags ahead of time?

Yes, you can definitely make Halloween goody bags ahead of time! In fact, it may be easier to do so to avoid any last-minute stress. As long as you store the bags in a cool, dry place, they should stay fresh for several days to a week. If you are including baked goods, make sure to seal them tightly or use airtight containers.

4. Are there any allergy-friendly options for Halloween goody bags?

Yes, there are plenty of allergy-friendly options for Halloween goody bags. Some ideas include non-food items like Halloween-themed pencils or erasers, small games or puzzles, or mini bottles of bubbles. You can also opt for individually wrapped treats that are free of common allergens like nuts, dairy, or gluten. Just make sure to check the ingredient labels before including them in your goody bags.

5. How can I make my Halloween goody bags eco-friendly?

There are a few ways to make your Halloween goody bags more eco-friendly. Instead of using plastic bags, opt for reusable bags or containers made from materials like canvas or silicone. You can also use biodegradable or recyclable materials for your goody bag fillers, such as paper or cardboard. Another option is to skip the traditional goody bags altogether and use mini pumpkins, small fabric bags, or jars as your goody bag containers.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pamperedchef02
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
noelskitchen
  • pampered2007
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Chef Gilles
Replies