• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Personal Surprise! My Brother is Getting Married - How I Found Out

In summary, my little brother is getting married, and I found out by the invitation arriving in the mail today. The invitation says that I am to stand up with him as his best man. My older sister is to be his grooms"woman", and then her two brothers will be the brides"men". My sister also asked me to be her
wadesgirl
Gold Member
My little brother is getting married!!! Guess how I found out?! The invitation came in the mail today!! Never thought they would, she swore she wouldn't ever get married. I always felt bad for him because we knew how much he wanted to marry her. DH thought it was a birthday card from them which I thought it was weird that they sent him a birthday card (my family doesn't send cards). I took one look at the envelope and the labels all had wedding bells on them. I ripped it open and took one look at the inside envelope and without even opening the invitation I called him and yelled in excitement! Then I yelled at him for keeping it a secret. Literally no one knows until they get their invitation. I want to call my sister so bad and tell her but she's still at work so she won't get her invite for another hour!

Surprises can be fun - but frustrating at the same time. Congratulations!!

He just called me back (apparently they were at the florist) and asked me if I would stand up with him!! He wants our older brother as his best man and then me and our older sister as his grooms"women". Then she is going to have her sister as her matron of honor and her two brothers as brides"men".

WooHoo! Congrats to them and it's good that the family is very happy too! :D

wadesgirl said:
He just called me back (apparently they were at the florist) and asked me if I would stand up with him!! He wants our older brother as his best man and then me and our older sister as his grooms"women". Then she is going to have her sister as her matron of honor and her two brothers as brides"men".

That is so cool! Congrats to everyone involved! I love the grooms"women" and brides"men" most of all!

wadesgirl said:

LOVE that! What a great way to celebrate the day!

BethCooks4U said:
That is so cool! Congrats to everyone involved! I love the grooms"women" and brides"men" most of all!

I know I was shocked when he asked me!! I sort of knew his fiance wouldn't have me stand up with her - she's never been that close with our family. I was more than happy to say yes for my brother though!

My sister also asked me to be her matron of honor when they get married - no date set and my niece is getting married this fall! So many weddings!

Congratulations and so exciting! I too think the Bridespeople and Groomspeople is the sweetest compliment ever! Hum, sounds like some DCB's could be great gifts with the cookbooks or you may get to throw some showers..... know you aren't thinking of business at this time, sorry, my mind just goes automatic.

smart2cook said:
Congratulations and so exciting! I too think the Bridespeople and Groomspeople is the sweetest compliment ever! Hum, sounds like some DCB's could be great gifts with the cookbooks or you may get to throw some showers..... know you aren't thinking of business at this time, sorry, my mind just goes automatic.

Oh no trust me, I've thought of it! I'm throwing my niece's shower but I'm giving her the option. My brother's fiance would never go for it. She's an OXO girl and has never bought anything from me. My sister, well not sure! It's her 2nd wedding and she already had a ton of PC stuff!

Well, 1 out of 3 is good odds! Somehow, I think your brother's fiance will become a PC lover-how could she not!

smart2cook said:
Well, 1 out of 3 is good odds! Somehow, I think your brother's fiance will become a PC lover-how could she not!

They've been together 8 years, I've been in business for 4. She's never warmed up to us that much over the years! I don't see that happening any time soon!

yes, but I know I now give PC products for gift-giving occasions... Get her the right tools and you might convert her.

My favorite wedding gift has always been a set of PC classic scrapers. You can always use good scrapers.

You are a stinker!!! All of the build up on FB over your secret....I thought it was something to do with you personally!
Congrats to your brother; it's going to be a fun year for weddings!!

DebinIA said:
You are a stinker!!! All of the build up on FB over your secret....I thought it was something to do with you personally!
Congrats to your brother; it's going to be a fun year for weddings!!

:) I have a lot of family on FB though so they are waiting for their invitations too! That's why I couldn't say anything.

wadesgirl said:

Now, that's a dress and tuxedo fitting I'd like to see.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Now, that's a dress and tuxedo fitting I'd like to see.

Ugh don't remind me that I have to wear a dress!! My sister is already planning on us wearing short dresses, I hate the way I look in short dresses!

You're not wearing a tuxedo?

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
You're not wearing a tuxedo?

Hopefully not - although maybe seeing her brothers in dresses would be funny!!

wadesgirl said:
Hopefully not - although maybe seeing her brothers in dresses would be funny!!

http://www.celebrityrush.com/celebrity-pictures/-2235-aqj.jpg

Not to mention, women can look pretty hot in tuxedos - someone who used to live with me had her own tux. Here, check out Marlene Dietrich and Josephine Baker:

117ed81d.jpg

3694d813.jpg

KG, um, didn't Josephine skip the trousers though and wear just a pair of black stockings with that tux? Marlene I know wore the trousers, even though she did have the legs to go without!

What wonderful news!

Thanks Rae!! It's been sort of a whirl wind week with this whole wedding thing. Now my sister and I are throwing a shower in less than two months. Having a hard time finding a place to have it since neither of our houses work. Have to go try on dresses tomorrow and budget for everything from dresses, to hair to hotel and more!

1. How did you find out about your brother's surprise wedding?

I found out about my brother's surprise wedding when my mom accidentally let it slip during a phone call. She had been trying to keep it a secret, but she was so excited that she couldn't contain herself.

2. Did you have any suspicions beforehand?

Not at all. My brother and his girlfriend had been dating for a few years, but they never seemed in a rush to get married. Plus, my brother is not one for big surprises, so I never even considered the possibility of a surprise wedding.

3. How did you react when you found out?

I was completely shocked and overwhelmed with emotions. I couldn't believe that my brother was getting married and that I had no idea. I was also a little hurt that my family had been keeping it a secret from me, but I understood why they did it.

4. How did the surprise wedding turn out?

The surprise wedding was absolutely perfect. Everything was planned and executed flawlessly, and my brother and his new wife looked so happy and in love. It was a beautiful and unforgettable day for our entire family.

5. Do you have any advice for someone who may be planning a surprise wedding?

My advice would be to make sure all of the important people in your life are informed beforehand. While the surprise element can be fun, it's also important to consider the feelings of your loved ones. And make sure to have a backup plan in case someone accidentally spills the beans!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• lockhartkitchen
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
lockhartkitchen
  • leahevanson
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
laurichef
  • thecougchef