• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Had My Show W/ My 90 Yr Old Host......

In summary, Grandma Esther hosted a show at her condo association club house and had a great turnout with mostly older guests. She had a few orders left and is looking forward to doing more shows in the near future.
ChefBeckyD
Gold Member
Well, actually, I found out she is only(giggle) 88 yrs old.She had her show at the Club House of her Condo Association.....had $100 in outside orders when I got there, and a booking.....and had 14 people at her show (most between 70-90 yrs old!)
She was dying to do the 30 minute chicken, so we did one of those, and a Strawberry Cheesecake Trifle. They were a great crowd!
Sales are at $564, with some outside orders still coming in, with a booking for Oct., and one for Nov., and then one for the Spring (a grandma that wants to do a Bridal Shower for her granddaughter!)
Grandma Esther was the perfect host, and most of my host could/should take lessons from her! AND - when I got done with orders - I discovered that she had all my dishes washed, dryed and packed up for me!:eek: She is 88, and was still going strong at the end of the show!I sold - 1 DCB, 2 Trifle Bowls, 2 Salad Choppers, and 2 8" Saute Pans.....and all of those items are on Grandma Esthers list to get too!

Becky that is SO great! Sounds like a great host no matter what age! How cute!

That's great!

And, not meaning to sound prejudicial or anything, but that age group tends to be very loyal, so you probably have some new loyal customers!

That is so great!!! The few shows I've done with an older group have always turned out great! You just need to feature the things that make them happy and are useful for them!!! Yeah for you, congrats!:)

They were all so cute! Everyone of them wanted to chat for a while when I was taking their orders.......they just loved the personal attention (which is so hard to find these days!), and I had so much fun with them! Because they are for the most part on fixed incomes, none of them bought everything they wanted - but they all kept their catalogs and wish lists - and F/W mini catalogs - so they can plan their purchases for the next shows.:D

I think I have several new grandmas!:D :D
I've been smiling all day today thinking about this show last night.....I love my job!

Congratulations on making all of them feel so special as individuals! I think that is such a key! Way to go!

How fun! Great job!

Good job Becky - glad you enjoyed it!

Sounds like a fun show. What a great group.

How awesome for you and your host!! Sounds like a great lady!!

Dont' you jsut love grandma's??? That is great Becky sounds like you did really good!!

ChefBeckyD said:
I think I have several new grandmas!:D :D
I've been smiling all day today thinking about this show last night.....I love my job!

That is one of the BEST perks of our jobs: meeting sweet people like that! It's amazing how much FUN our jobs are when we are around the right folks!

This is one time when I think WE are the lucky ones... getting to meet so many new people and sometimes finding a really great group! Makes dealing with hosts and guests like Ann's "Potty" group worth it!

AWE!!! That sounds like it was a wonderful time!!!

OH! I forgot to tell you! The BIGGEST hit with this group was the Microfiber Towels!! I think just about everyone bought one! One of the ladies made the comment during the show that they are $14.95 on TV.......and then I did the little demo where I soaked up 2 cups of water with one. They LOVED that!

And what little old lady doesn't have a shelf full of knick-nacks to dust with one, either? :D

That's wonderful! Congratulations!

katie0128 said:
This is one time when I think WE are the lucky ones...

That was my feeling too! How many people get to have so much fun and enjoy their job as much as I do? (most of the time!) They all had a good time - but I was the one who walked away feeling so incredibly blessed!

At training tonight we got into a side discussion about the some of the amazing and wonderful people we get to meet and form relationshps with. This is one of the truly unique perks of doing what we do. :)

legacypc46 said:
At training tonight we got into a side discussion about the some of the amazing and wonderful people we get to meet and form relationshps with. This is one of the truly unique perks of doing what we do. :)

And then we get to come here and share our hopes, dreams, disappointments, hurts and joys with each other. What an amazing job this is!!!

I was on a call with Belinda Ellsworth last night for my other business, and she mentioned that. It is so true... we truly do have a GIFT to share with people. If you're not sharing the opportunity with everyone you meet, you're not only doing yourself a disservice, but you're keeping something very valuable and life changing all to yourself. A recruiting attitude is a GIVING attitude. Line those up with the knowledge you have, and thats when you'll see yourself building a team with "little effort". :)

Becky, this is too funny that you posted the update today, as I was thinking about your show recently and wondered what ever happened with it! I am so glad that it turned out well for you! She truly was a wonderful hostess!! Now, if they all could be like that;) ;)

That is what is so great about this job!

I believe there is some old school mentality there. Probably every guest RSVP'd promptly as well.

I'm so happy for you.

Chef Endora said:
That is what is so great about this job!

I believe there is some old school mentality there. Probably every guest RSVP'd promptly as well.

I'm so happy for you.

.....and she invited 15-16, and had 14 attend! :)

They were probably happy to have something out of the ordinary to do. And they didn't have to travel far, if they all lived there.

Note to self: talk up show as a great "not the usual" activity to boost attendance.

That is great Becky! How fun:)

Related to Had My Show W/ My 90 Yr Old Host......

What are the benefits of hosting a Pampered Chef party?

Hosting a Pampered Chef party is a fun and easy way to earn free products, learn new cooking techniques, and spend time with friends and family. As a host, you can also earn special discounts and rewards based on the total sales from your party.

What types of products can I expect to see at a Pampered Chef party?

Pampered Chef offers a wide range of kitchen tools and cookware, including items for baking, stovetop cooking, grilling, and entertaining. We also have a variety of pantry items and cookbooks to help inspire your culinary creations.

How do I book a Pampered Chef party?

Booking a Pampered Chef party is easy! You can reach out to your local Pampered Chef consultant or visit our website to find a consultant in your area. Your consultant will work with you to choose a date and time for your party and help you plan all the details.

What happens at a Pampered Chef party?

At a Pampered Chef party, your consultant will demonstrate how to use our products, share tips and recipes, and allow you and your guests to try out the products for yourselves. It's a fun and interactive experience that will leave you feeling inspired in the kitchen.

What if my host is elderly and has limited mobility?

Pampered Chef parties are for everyone, regardless of age or mobility. Our consultants are trained to accommodate guests with different abilities and make sure everyone feels included and comfortable. We also offer online parties and virtual cooking demonstrations for those who are unable to attend in person.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• amuia
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
monicag
  • nancycookspc
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
gabsansal
  • ChefBeckyD