• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Guests Not Wanting to Give Email Addresses...

In summary, the conversation discussed the use of Guest Care Cards to collect email addresses for a monthly or weekly newsletter. The host expressed frustration with not receiving any email addresses from their recent show and asked for advice on how to improve their approach. Suggestions included walking guests through the cards and providing a clear incentive for them to share their email address. It was also noted that some people may simply not be interested in receiving a newsletter, and it is more important to have a smaller list of engaged subscribers than a large list of uninterested ones.
cheflorraine
Gold Member
I had a show on Tuesday, and had the guests fill out the Guest Care Cards, where I ask for an email address on the bottom if they want to be added to my newsletter, and none of the guests gave me an email address!!
This is what I have on my Care Card:
"Would you like to join my Preferred Customer list and receive recipes/info by email?
Please write your email address below:

I’ll NEVER share your email address with others nor will I send you jokes/forwards/etc"

I wanted to start sending out Joy's "Weekly Dish", so I thought I'd give the option of the monthly/weekly newsletter.

The only email address I got from the entire show (7 guests) was from one
website order...

Am I not presenting this in the right way? Maybe I should offer to send them the show recipe AND the monthly newsletter if they give me their email address??

In any case, because I don't do a huge amount of phone follow-up with guests who haven't shown any interest in booking a show (I try to do an out-of-box call), I feel I lose them as a customer if I don't get them on my newsletter list...

Any advice?

Walk them through the cards is what I would do.

Instead of handing them out and telling them to fill them in while you do something out- walk them through it. I learned this on a teleclass once. And when reading the answers; don't read the "no" option. I tell them to check of "Yes" or "Maybe".

People want to be directed on what to do. So if you tell them to write down their email address- and then say, "I'll never sell it or send you jokes/forwards- but often we have awesome specials and on those occasions I would love to be able to share them with you" and you'll probably find more people filling that part out.

I agree with walking them through the info. I just tell them all to check yes and make a little joke of it "b/c I know you all can't wait me to come to your house". On the email note, I tell them all that I have 3 boys at home and I don't have time to spam them, but I try to send out 1 monthly email with specials and recipes.

Some people don't want to get a newsletter and specials, no matter how great they may be. If they aren't going to read it and use the information, you don't want to send it to them anyway. I'd rather my newsletter go to three people who want it than 100 who delete it without reading it.

I always PROMISE them no more than 1 email a month! I also tell them I just don't have the time to send them the weekly/daily emails that the other companies do. Also, when they check out, I look and if the did not put it on there, I'll look at what they bought. I have tips for about everything we have. So, I'll ask if they would like to give me their email addrss so I can send them the tips/recipes. I'll again reassure them that they won't get anymore than 1 email a month and if they find I'm wrong.. it won't hurt my feelings if they opt out.

As for people not reading them. I don't care if they just delete it, they still see in their from box 'Charity Elliott, Your Pampered Chef consultant" once a month. At some point, they might open it. If nothing else, my name will stick out once a month and they can hit 'search' and find me if need be :)

chefcharity said:
I always PROMISE them no more than 1 email a month! I also tell them I just don't have the time to send them the weekly/daily emails that the other companies do. Also, when they check out, I look and if the did not put it on there, I'll look at what they bought. I have tips for about everything we have. So, I'll ask if they would like to give me their email addrss so I can send them the tips/recipes. I'll again reassure them that they won't get anymore than 1 email a month and if they find I'm wrong.. it won't hurt my feelings if they opt out.

As for people not reading them. I don't care if they just delete it, they still see in their from box 'Charity Elliott, Your Pampered Chef consultant" once a month. At some point, they might open it. If nothing else, my name will stick out once a month and they can hit 'search' and find me if need be :)

This is what I do and how I feel about it too. Ultimately, though, it's the customer's decision. If they don't want to share their info we have to respect that. Offer and give them a reason they would want it and then accept their answer. Give them a magnet with your info to take home in case...

BethCooks4U said:
This is what I do and how I feel about it too. Ultimately, though, it's the customer's decision. If they don't want to share their info we have to respect that. Offer and give them a reason they would want it and then accept their answer. Give them a magnet with your info to take home in case...

Yep... agreed. :) I by no means tell them "no email, no product for you!" In the soup natzi voice :) (Seinfeld reference if you didn't get it, hehe)

I had another show yesterday that went better - everyone gave me their email address without hesitation. But I wonder if I should ask specifically during my checkout if they'd like to receive my newsletter... one lady yesterday booked a party, and when I asked her for her email address, she said she had forgotten to write it down on the draw slip - so maybe in the hurry of filling them out (to win the door prize!), they just neglect to fill it out entirely, or it seems to be too much bother to write down an email address.I'd like to promise no more than 1 email/month, but occasionally I do send out one extra special (i.e. trifle bowl sale, or stoneware), or invitation to mystery host show, or something that comes up... so I can't make that promise if I can't keep it later.

I mention e-mails early letting them know that I sent out two mailings a month, the first with recipes, tips, and upcoming specials and the 2nd with outlet specials. Or, they can friend me on Facebook and I will invite them to joing my FB group. If I am given an e-mail, I take that as permission they want the e-mails.

My host from Friday night initally ignored my invite to my group because she had a bad experience with a Mary Kay consultant. I was specific about what kind of content I put out on my wall and what goes into my group. She has changed her mind. Good thing because after the party was over, we sat and talked until veerrryy late!!

What are the benefits of collecting email addresses from guests?

Collecting email addresses from guests allows us to stay in touch with them and provide updates on new products, special offers, and upcoming events. It also helps us to personalize their shopping experience and keep track of their purchases.

Do guests have the option to opt out of receiving emails?

Yes, guests have the option to opt out of receiving emails at any time. We respect their privacy and will not send them any emails if they do not wish to receive them.

Will guests' email addresses be shared with third parties?

No, we value our guests' privacy and will not share their email addresses with any third parties. Their information will only be used for communication from Pampered Chef.

Is providing an email address required to make a purchase?

No, providing an email address is not required to make a purchase. However, we highly recommend providing one so that we can keep our guests informed about new products and promotions.

How can guests ensure that their email address will not be used for spam?

We have strict policies in place to prevent spam and protect our guests' information. We only send emails related to Pampered Chef and guests can opt out at any time if they no longer wish to receive them.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PChefRenee
  • Flyers and Letters
Replies
Views
tpchefpattie
  • ConniePC
  • Flyers and Letters
Replies
Views
missymssy
  • pampered2007