• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Forwarding Tasty Tidbits Emails

In summary, the conversation is about how to efficiently send newsletters to a large number of email contacts. Suggestions include creating a group in Gmail, exporting contacts into a CSV file, and using email providers with established whitelists. There is also a discussion about the difference between importing and exporting contacts.
jbachen
OK, so I asked this in another thread, but haven't had an answer yet. I won one of Greg's contests a few weeks back, and won a subscription to Tasty Tidbits, which I am thoroughly enjoying! (Thanks, Joy!!) But, I haven't yet figured out a good way to get all the emails off of my website contact list into my email to forward the newsletters without copying and pasting each one, or maintaining a separate list in my email program. Does anyone have any advice for this?? I use Thunderbird for my email, BTW, but I do have a gmail address as well if that will work. TIA for any advice!

In gmail I created a "Pampered Chef Valued Customers" group and put them all in there - you can upload a file to gmail rather than typing them all.I blind CC that group when I send the newsletter out.Not sure about Thunderbird...

Hm, Ok, maybe I will see if I can figure that out... Thanks, Janet!Wait, this may be a dumb one, but how do you get it into a file?

You should be able to download or export your contact list into a CSV file, and then import that file back into Thunderbird. I don't use Thunderbird but I know Outlook has that functionality, so I assume Thunderbird would be similar. Can you get as far as exporting your contacts?

OK, I got my contacts out into a CSV file, like you said... Now I am going to open Thunderbird and see if I can get them in there. I will keep you posted on the progress.Thank you so much, Joy!! I am LOVING my Tasty Tidbits subscription, and am definitely renewing when my free time is over. :)

Looks like I got it. Thanks, guys!!

I just forwared my tasty tidbits newletter and it got rejected by my msn.com email customers and one hotmail customer.. any suggestions? is it MSN? I forwarded it to MY msn account and got the failure email, but I still had it in my inbox?

any suggestions? help?
thanks!

janetupnorth said:
In gmail I created a "Pampered Chef Valued Customers" group and put them all in there - you can upload a file to gmail rather than typing them all.

I blind CC that group when I send the newsletter out.

Not sure about Thunderbird...

Do you have all of your customers in one file? I am concerned about having too many in one list - I have TONS of contacts after 6 shows amonth for 6 years...

Would this work for AOL?? Anyone know??
Also, how do you get the email addresses into a file?
THaknks!
Nicole

Jess_K said:
I just forwared my tasty tidbits newletter and it got rejected by my msn.com email customers and one hotmail customer.. any suggestions? is it MSN? I forwarded it to MY msn account and got the failure email, but I still had it in my inbox?

any suggestions? help?
thanks!

How many email addresses did you try to send at once? Did you BCC? Send each individually? Send in batch? I think Yahoo and Gmail limit you to no more than 100 at a time on the outgoing side, but receiving servers can also reject or slow you down if you send even smaller batches.

There seems to be a trend driving toward using email providers (Constant Contact, iContact, etc) because they have established whitelists with most major email carriers. Even then, that's no guarantee. I continually have trouble with Yahoo receiving emails from my provider, even though they are whitelisted and provide DomainKeys registration. There are too many spammers ruining it for legitimate businesses.

I'm new to this import/export stuff so I have a question....If I export my contacts from Yahoo to another e-mail service will they also remain in my Yahoo? I would like them to stay there too.

OK now I'm being a bit hard headed here....please explain the difference between import and export. For some reason I don't think my brain is getting it. I thought I was a bit but not totally sure.:confused::blushing:

PCJen said:
I'm new to this import/export stuff so I have a question....If I export my contacts from Yahoo to another e-mail service will they also remain in my Yahoo? I would like them to stay there too.

OK now I'm being a bit hard headed here....please explain the difference between import and export. For some reason I don't think my brain is getting it. I thought I was a bit but not totally sure.:confused::blushing:

Yes, the should stay there.

Import is kinda like uploading your contact's to the new location. Export is like downloading them. I hope that make sense.

pamperedpals said:
Yes, the should stay there.

Import is kinda like uploading your contact's to the new location. Export is like downloading them. I hope that make sense.

Yea, It does. I'm having a mommy brain day.

I sent only a handfull , maybe 10 or so, and the MSN ones got rejected.. Joy can i change it to being sent to my gmail account. (I actually thought I set the newsletters to be sent to that email originally, with the email in the newletter being a yahoo one) [email protected]

What is a Tasty Tidbits email?

A Tasty Tidbits email is a weekly newsletter from Pampered Chef that includes recipes, cooking tips, product information, and promotions.

How do I sign up for Tasty Tidbits emails?

You can sign up for Tasty Tidbits emails by creating an account on our website and opting in to receive emails. You can also sign up for emails at any Pampered Chef party or through a consultant.

Can I forward Tasty Tidbits emails to my friends and family?

Yes, you can forward Tasty Tidbits emails to anyone you think would enjoy them. Just click the "Forward" button at the bottom of the email and enter the recipient's email address.

Can I unsubscribe from Tasty Tidbits emails?

Yes, you can unsubscribe from Tasty Tidbits emails at any time by clicking the "Unsubscribe" link at the bottom of the email. You can also manage your email preferences in your account settings.

Can I customize which Tasty Tidbits emails I receive?

Yes, you can customize your email preferences to only receive certain types of Tasty Tidbits emails, such as recipes or product promotions. You can update your preferences in your account settings.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PampChefJoy
  • Flyers and Letters
Replies
Views
gkoinski
  • mrssyvo
  • Flyers and Letters
Replies
Views
ChefMary412
  • ChefJoyJ