• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Guest With an Item to Return? Help!

In summary, the conversation is discussing how to handle a situation where a customer wants to return a broken item without a receipt or proof of purchase. The suggested solution is to call the company's Solution Center and provide the necessary information to facilitate the return. There is also a discussion about the company's warranty and how it may not cover lifetime guarantees for all products. Misuse of products is also mentioned as a common reason for broken items.
hperschnick
I have a show on Sunday. I talked to the host today to get a head count. She said her Aunt may come but if she wasn't able to she had a spatula where the handle broke off. She gave it to my host so she can give it to me Sunday to "replace". How do I handle this... if she shows... if she doesn't?

Help Please!!

You need her receipt or at least you need to know when she bought it, at what show, who was the consultant, etc.

Then I would make the call to the Solution Center and get the reference # for her and tell her HOW to return it, but I would NOT take the spatula! The customer is responsible for return shipping if PC wants it back, not you!

Ditto--you can help her by making the call but they'll need to know who the consultant was and what show number it was in order to replace it--then she'll have to return it herself and they'll ship out a new one if it is still under warranty. If she doesn't have the info, HO may be able to figure it out if she has the hostess name and party date, or the consultant name and date. You can direct her back to the other consultant (I know, not probably what you want to do), or ask her to get in touch with the host to find out that info. I wouldn't do more than that... she'll have to return it herself and if you don't want to mess with this at all just give her the 888-our-chef number and tell her she'll need to call.

If she shows up I'll probably try to gather the necessary information from her and call to help facilitate the return. If she isn't there... I'll probably just provide the 800 # and let her do it. I want to be helpful and maybe gain a customer but I don't want to spend a lot of time on a non-customer. I don't have a ton of time for my business as it is so I need to focus my energy on actual customers.

I seem to have this at about every other show I hold. Someone has a piece that they bought "sometime" and it broke. It's frustrating because they seem to think our products should last a lifetime. They are good products but if you have used the fire out of it... it's time to pay to replace it.

Thanks for the advice! I'm still new and this is the first time the broken item will be at the show - I wasn't sure what to do.

A tip is to also (diplomatically) make sure it is really a Pampered Chef item. It seems odd, but I routinely have people try to replace a broken item...and it turns out to be Tupperware, Home and Garden or simply a store bought item.

Many retired items still carry warranty, or updated items in the current catalog will look different than prior versions so be aware of that too.

Every company has a different warranty and most do not offer lifetime on everythign so don't get flustered. OUr warranty is fair and it is what it is.

I'm betting if it is ours its from misuse!! Come'on our spatulas are one of our most durable products. I think we've always had our name on the handle
even when we had the spoonula 10 years ago I think our name was there.

I had a woman bring 2 items to a show and literally follow me around the room trying to get me to take the items from her. She expected me to have inventory on hand and just hand over the new items to her.

This just happened to me tonight! Someone brought in a broken Food Chopper. I asked her if she had the receipt for it and she of course said no. I then asked her about how long she has had it.........response: well....about five years or so. Her husband chimed in with "isn't it a lifetime guarantee?" Golly!!!

Yep. Ususally misuse. I had a customer bring my a forged cutlery utility knife with a bent tip. It looks like she put it in the dish drainer or washer and something rested on it and bent it or something. She claims it was sent to her that way but couldn't stand the consultant, didn't know her name, didn't remember the date when the party was, etc. etc. etc.

Christ Follower said:
Yep. Ususally misuse. I had a customer bring my a forged cutlery utility knife with a bent tip. It looks like she put it in the dish drainer or washer and something rested on it and bent it or something. She claims it was sent to her that way but couldn't stand the consultant, didn't know her name, didn't remember the date when the party was, etc. etc. etc.

hmmm....didn't she get a receipt with her knife? All that info in on the receipt. some people....I tell ya! :grumpy:

Related to Guest With an Item to Return? Help!

1. What is the return policy for items purchased from Pampered Chef?

The return policy for items purchased from Pampered Chef is a satisfaction guarantee. If you are not satisfied with your purchase, you can return it within 30 days for a full refund or exchange.

2. Can I return an item if I no longer have the original packaging?

Yes, you can still return an item even if you no longer have the original packaging. However, please make sure to include all parts and pieces of the item in your return.

3. How do I initiate a return for an item I purchased from a Pampered Chef consultant?

If you purchased your item from a Pampered Chef consultant, you will need to contact them directly to initiate a return. They will be able to assist you with the return process and provide any necessary information.

4. What if I received a damaged or defective item?

If you received a damaged or defective item, please reach out to Pampered Chef customer service. They will provide instructions on how to return the item and will either issue a replacement or refund.

5. Do I need to pay for return shipping?

If you are returning an item due to a defect or damage, Pampered Chef will cover the cost of return shipping. However, if you are returning the item for any other reason, you will be responsible for the return shipping fees.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• wadesgirl
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • janel kelly
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
jdavis
  • newchefmommy