• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Put Your Contact Info on Everything!

In summary, the gal who called yesterday got a consultant she didn't like's contact info from a fundraiser she helped coordinate. The gal called me today and left a message and order for a few items. I printed up invitations with my info on it and the gal grabbed one and held onto it. Today, a lady who bought a santuko from another consultant called and couldn't remember where she got the knife. I asked her if she had a receipt or catalog from the consultant and she did and none of the consultant information was on it. I couldn't believe it. I spoke to HO and with a lot of leg work on my part and HO----the guest got a replacement knife and has since bought a grill pan from me
cmdtrgd
Gold Member
Okay, this lesson has been drilled into my head from the past two days! I always put my contact info on things I give out, but I wanted to share what will happen if you do!

Yesterday I received a call from a gal who is having a PC party tonight with a consultant she doesn't like. Apparently this consultant hasn't communicated much with her, told her we didn't do fundraisers (she is on a Relay team) and just doesn't seem interested in her at all! She booked from a friend's show with this consultant. I did tell her that the bookings follow the host, not the consultant and she really brightened up at that idea. I then said that ethically I could not come tonight and do her show since the other consultant (presumably) has worked on it. She didn't want that. What she wanted was my fundraiser (I do mine differently than PC). She said anyone who books will be getting my contact info, too. And, we're probably doing another show for her in July since there are different specials and more free products that can be raffled or silent auctioned for her Relay team. How did she get my info? I did a Relay fundraiser where she works at the beginning of May. I printed up invitation flyers with my info on it and she grabbed one and held onto it.

Today I received a call from a lady who had my card and can't remember where she got it. She called and left a message saying she wanted to order a few items. She followed up with an email with her order in it. $90 order for giving out a business card!!!

Moral of the story - PLASTER YOUR CONTACT INFO ON EVERYTHING YOU GIVE OUT!

WISE WORDS! Goes to show you that you never know what fish out there will take the bait! :D

I cannot stress that enough!

I was trying to help someone who bought a santuko off of another consultant. I asked her do you have a receipt or catalog from that consultant....she did and NONE of the consultant information was on it! I couldnt believe it.

I spoke to HO and with a lot of leg work on my part and HO----the guest got a replacement knife and has since bought a grill pan from me!

It pays to help someone out---it would be easier though if you labeled EVERYTHING!

I've even started labeling things I give out as prizes at shows. SBs are easy to stick your label on the inside cover, but things that are more difficult are the citrus peelers and other small products - any ideas on that?

My director always talked about handing out recruiting info (YLYW flyer or something similar) with the door prizes. That way do they not only have your contact info but have some info about the business.

I label everything. My best investment was the Merrill stamper. Worth the $12, I would have paid more but don't tell them. When ever I get new receipts, flyers, catalogs, etc. I clear of the kitchen island and start stamping. Everything else gets labels - DVDs, SB, etc.

If anyone uses SBRCs as prizes/handouts, put your info on the back cover, too. There's a sentence on the back cover about contacting HO to find a consultant. I put a label over that AND in the inside front cover.

Oooh...good idea.

Kate:

How do you do your fundraisers?

I should probably start a new thread on that....Here's my though process:1. Fundraisers get 10-15% through HO and $3 per booking.
2. I get less commission.
3. I don't get the tax write off for getting less commission.
4. The coordinator of the fundraiser only gets the 60% off host special.
5. I think all that sucksHere's what I do:1. I submit them as cooking or catalog shows (which ever they are)
2. I donate the 10-15% HO would up to a $1K show. After that there is a sliding scale up to a 25% donation (I usually do fundraisers for organizations I am connected with, so I make sure to cover my costs...and I usually make 28-30% since I have my $15K career sales and my Director overrides)
3. I suggest the coordinator get something for free and/or use the discounts.
4. I give $10 to the organization for each booking WHEN it is held within 6 months of the show - plus the coordinator gets the host special again.
5. The free products usually are raffled or silent auctioned the next month to raise more money.ONE Relay team raised over $500 through two cooking shows and two silent auctions with me.

Thanks for sharing. I think it is hard to get the fundraiser business with the current set up. Love the idea.

I have the window decals on the back windows of both our vehicles. I'm doing a show next week that was booked by someone that was behind me in traffic. She saw the PC logo while we were stopped at a red light and called my number. Since we were both driving, I asked if I could call her back later that evening. We continued our conversation later that evening after I got home... then she booked a show!!!

I too was driving and someone that was behind me called me up and said she would love a catalog. I laughed and told her sure "Catch, I'll throw it out to you!" I got her a catalog, she works at a hair salon and did a almost $400 catalog show! She also got a booking from that too!

Monday night (30th) I went to a show and parked my van in the driveway. A guy that lives next door (not invited) to the host came knocking at the door and said he was looking for the PC lady! He said he's been looking for someone who sells PC for a while. They booked a show for this coming Monday! (7/7)

This is one marketing tool I was thinking of doing. The price seemed reasonable. Did you order your's thru Merrill? PC is a great company everyone I meet always has good things to say about it.

I've been debating the decal idea. I got a new Equinox and it would be perfect on the back window, although my DH thinks it would look tacky!! :rolleyes:

What do you guys have on your window? I wanted to put my PWS address, but it's too long. I'd like to change it, but it's on my business card and catalogs....seems a lot of work to do that. I want to change it from mariefrancemyers to mfmyers. Part of me doesn't want my full name on my vehicle either.

Anyway, back to the topic at hand. Thought I would put the decal and my cell number. Sounds like that might be enough??

Ordered them from Merrill... two to a package. They come with the chef hat logo & tag line. My contact info is just name, cell number and email address.

PChefPEI said:
I've been debating the decal idea. I got a new Equinox and it would be perfect on the back window, although my DH thinks it would look tacky!! :rolleyes:

What do you guys have on your window?

I used to have the window decal, but when I went back to work FT, I had to take the major advertising off of my car (not cool, esp. if I want to get promoted!). Anyway, I bought a cheap license plate holder from Merrill (I actually bought 3 - one for each consultant under me who has recruited and myself!), and put it on my license plate. It's subtle and totally not tacky at all, but people see it. I've had people approach me in the parking lot of the grocery store so many times it's not even funny! :D

casescafe said:
Ordered them from Merrill... two to a package. They come with the chef hat logo & tag line. My contact info is just name, cell number and email address.

I am concerned about the size of them - they seem so small. I have a Honda Odyssey and the side rear windows are huge...opinions? I want it to STAND OUT

I would love to get the window decal, but does anyone worry about the safety aspect of it?

What's your safety concern?

Safety concern - that your info will block out something behind you as you are driving. I have a Honda CR-V and have two side windows behind the back seat. As soon as I can talk hubby into it, I'm getting one for each side window. This keeps my back window clear and I don't use the back-side windows for checking my blind spots, so I won't be hurt by it.

cmdtrgd said:
Safety concern - that your info will block out something behind you as you are driving. I have a Honda CR-V and have two side windows behind the back seat. As soon as I can talk hubby into it, I'm getting one for each side window. This keeps my back window clear and I don't use the back-side windows for checking my blind spots, so I won't be hurt by it.

Nah - I have one on the rear window of my Mini-van...it doesn't block the view at all.

my back and rear side windows are tinted (it's a minivan), will the decals be visable?

My CR-V doesn't have a very big back window...I guess it depends on what kind of car you have.Most of the decals are actually nylon lettering which is stuck on the outside of the window, so a tinted window wouldn't matter.

My windows are tinted. Merrill sends you a scraper thingy to apply them with and they go on the outside of the window. I think they look great and very professional...now if I could just get some business from them!!!

Does anyone know if it is easy to remove? I have the old magnetic signs with the old logo and was thinking about getting Merrill's. My husband thinks these look nicer on the windows, I do too. I just don't want to ruin my tinted windows trying to remove it, if I ever need too. Also, for those of you who have had them on awhile, have you noticed them bubbling from the heat? My little logo ones from Nancy’s did:yuck:.

Actually what I meant by safety concern is personal safety, having your personal information pasted on your vehicle. Like your full name, phone number, website, etc. No matter where we go everyone who sees the vehicle knows our name and how to reach us. I mean, I realize we are running a business and people advertise their businesses this way, but with ours being so personal. I just know it's an objection I will have to overcome with my husband. My safety and our children's safety is a huge concern for him because he is gone so much for his work.

I've had my car sign for 5 yrs. and never had any problems with safety. I have had a few leads.:D

Your window tinting is on the inside... the decals go on the outside. As far as removal is concerned, all you'll need is a razor blade scraper. The logo and lettering are white, so they really stand out on tinted windows. The lettering and logo will appear in your rear view mirror, but they do not obstruct your visibility.

I think safety could be an issue, but also important is to check w/ your insurance. Others have said that the car would be considered business use and not personal use, and if you were in an accident and didn't have the right type of coverage, you wouldn't be insured.

I got a phone number through Google that I use only for PC. It's called Grand Central.
Here's the website:
GrandCentral: The New Way to Use Your PhonesI've registered my cell phone and my home phone to it. That way, when I give out my Grand Central number, I can block peoples phone numbers. When my husband and I were out car shopping, I'd give the sales people my Grand Central number and when they started calling me to buy a car every ten minutes, I just blocked their number. You can set it all up through the website. I LOVE IT! Check it out. I feel much safer handing that number out than my real cell phone or home number.

1. Why is it important to put your contact information on everything you give out as a scientist?

It is important as a scientist to put your contact information on everything you give out because it allows others to easily reach you for collaborations, inquiries, or potential job opportunities. It also helps to establish your credibility and legitimacy as a scientist.

2. How can putting your contact information benefit you professionally as a scientist?

Putting your contact information on everything you give out can benefit you professionally as a scientist by increasing your visibility and networking opportunities. It also makes it easier for others to refer you to potential opportunities or collaborations.

3. What are some ways you can put your contact information on things you give out as a scientist?

There are various ways to put your contact information on things you give out as a scientist, such as including it on your business cards, email signatures, social media profiles, presentation slides, and research papers.

4. Have you personally experienced the benefits of putting your contact information on everything you give out as a scientist?

Yes, as a scientist, I have personally experienced the benefits of putting my contact information on everything I give out. It has led to collaborations, job opportunities, and networking connections that have been valuable to my career.

5. Is it ethical to reach out to someone who has your contact information and offer your services?

As long as the person has not explicitly stated that they do not wish to be contacted, it is generally considered ethical to reach out to someone who has your contact information and offer your services. However, it is important to be respectful and not spam or harass individuals with your services.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• trps
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
doughmama
  • esavvymom
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Beaglemom49779
  • jessinthekitchen