• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Grilling with the Grill Pan: What's Cooking This Month?

In summary, this conversation has people discussing ways to market the grill pan, other than the Chicken Your Way Show. There is a recipe for Grilled Pound Cake with Ice Cream and Berries, and someone else shared a version with grilled pineapple. There is also a code for a free Grill Pan set if your show/order is dated for August. The pan is $0.00, but you have to select the Gift Set. Karen offers a plan of "buy the grill pan, and you'll get........FREE! Plus, free shipping (I'll pay that), Free Season's Best, 2 free Rubs, and THEN you are entitled to one piece of cookware at 60% off if you'd like, and unlimited 15
What is everyone doing this month to promote the grill pan, other than the chicken your way show? Has anyone tried making ice cream cones in the skillet?

I'm going to offer the grilled pound cake with ice cream and berries as my featured recipe this month.

I am doing chicken your way in conjunction with a pantry show

BethCooks4U said:
I'm going to offer the grilled pound cake with ice cream and berries as my featured recipe this month.

Is there a recipe for this? lol You don't grill the berries, do you?

It's too hot to grill - just bring on the ice cream! :) Love that idea!

Don't forget you can do paninis (that word looks naughty) too.

My grill pan idea is that I need to buy one!

How do you do a cake in the grill pan??? I would love to know how to do this!Thanks,
Karen

Here's what I have (Recipe courtesy of ChefCKHall – shared on DCS):

Grilled Pound Cake with Ice Cream and Berries

Pre-heat grill pan and press on medium heat.
Slice pound cake and baste each side with melted butter.
Grill with press about 3 minutes.
Serve with ice cream and fresh or frozen berries (warmed).

Someone also shared that Michael Reeves also shared a version in a recent meeting planner:
Grill pineapple slices in grill pan and baste them with Spicy Pineapple Rum Sauce then grill pound cake basted with melted butter. Toast coconut in small bar pan. Assemble: pound cake, pineapple, coconut then a drizzle of the Coconut Lime Sauce.

The grill pan is coming up at $0.00. Is it working for anyone else?

I use the grill pan all the time - any of the salads that call for cooked chicken, or pizzas, etc...I just use the grill pan for the chicken. People love it!

BethCooks4U said:
Here's what I have (Recipe courtesy of ChefCKHall – shared on DCS):

Grilled Pound Cake with Ice Cream and Berries

Pre-heat grill pan and press on medium heat.
Slice pound cake and baste each side with melted butter.
Grill with press about 3 minutes.
Serve with ice cream and fresh or frozen berries (warmed).

Someone also shared that Michael Reeves also shared a version in a recent meeting planner:
Grill pineapple slices in grill pan and baste them with Spicy Pineapple Rum Sauce then grill pound cake basted with melted butter. Toast coconut in small bar pan. Assemble: pound cake, pineapple, coconut then a drizzle of the Coconut Lime Sauce.

YUM! Thank you for both ideas!

Teresa LM said:
The grill pan is coming up at $0.00. Is it working for anyone else?
You have to select the Gift Set I believe, so it would be a special code. Use the magnifying glass and search for the Grill Pan Set (right above Guest Special in the drop down list). Or just search for Grill Pan and you'll see the special Code (GY14)Also, make sure your show/order is dated for August. There was also an update that my P3 did today, so did that happen when you loaded?I'm out of ideas after that. ;)If you are ordering it for yourself though, be sure to enter it as a SHOW!! Add a Season's Best to the order to make it the $150. Then you'll get a Free Knife, then as the Host you can get the Host Special and 15% discount on anything else. (12" skillet for $60 anyone?!) This is how I plan to "market" it at my booth this weekend. "Buy the Grill Pan, and you'll get........FREE! Plus, free shipping (I'll pay that), Free Season's Best, 2 free Rubs, and THEN you are entitled to one piece of cookware at 60% off if you'd like, and unlimited 15% discount of the entire catalog!" Or something like that.. Don't want to throw-up all over them. haha!I need to cook with it a lot this week and fall in love with it though! I like the pan, but not the MESS it makes (splatter). I can use the splatter screen, but if I'm using the press, it's hard to do. The screen "tents" over the handle, and cuts down some of the mess, but I still get alot.

OK, I got it to work. A past host can get it for $73.20. Do I qualify as a past host?

Teresa LM said:
OK, I got it to work. A past host can get it for $73.20. Do I qualify as a past host?
No. Once you become a consultant, we don't get the Past Host benefits (10% disc. or the past host monthly special). But that's a great deal for Past Hosts! I didn't realize that.

Morning,

In P3 -are you making them the co-host or putting them in as a guest?

esavvymom - your idea is great. I'm using a flyer for the grill pan special as a selling tool for customers, too - putting out $1 from my pocket for a Season's Best (as a consultant gift). I just brought it to work (I'm an Operating Room Nurse, too) today and posted it on my FB page. If I can get shows submitted, I'll get the Luggage, too!! It's a win-win for everybody. Customers get the great Grill Pan Special, a Season's Best, a FREE knife, 60% off of cookware, 15% off anything else they want AND 10% off for a year! And I get my consultant booking incentive!

esavvymom said:
No. Once you become a consultant, we don't get the Past Host benefits (10% disc. or the past host monthly special). But that's a great deal for Past Hosts! I didn't realize that.

Remember for the past host to get that price the show must be $150 before her order (of the special - anything else she orders counts toward the $150).

As consultants we can't get the past host benefit but we can send in a show at any time and get the HOST benefits.

I love this idea! How did you word it on FB? I'de love to copy if that is ok. :)

What is the best way to clean the grill pan?

The best way to clean the grill pan is to fill it with warm water and let it soak for a few minutes. Then, use a non-abrasive sponge or brush to scrub off any residue. For stubborn stains, you can use a mixture of baking soda and water to create a paste and gently scrub the pan. Rinse with warm water and dry thoroughly.

Can the grill pan be used on an outdoor grill?

No, the grill pan is designed specifically for indoor use on stovetops. It is not suitable for use on outdoor grills as the high heat and direct flames can damage the pan.

What types of food can be cooked on the grill pan?

The grill pan is great for cooking a variety of foods such as vegetables, meats, fish, and even fruits. It gives a nice sear and adds a smoky flavor to your dishes without having to use an outdoor grill.

Do I need to season the grill pan before using it?

Yes, it is recommended to season the grill pan before its first use. This helps create a non-stick surface and prevents food from sticking. To season, heat the pan on medium-high heat and add a thin layer of oil. Let it heat for a few minutes, then wipe off the excess oil with a paper towel. Repeat this process a few times before using the pan for cooking.

Can the grill pan be used on all types of stovetops?

The grill pan can be used on most stovetops, including gas, electric, and glass cooktops. However, it is not recommended for use on induction cooktops as the pan's bottom is not magnetic and will not heat up properly.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• JanisF
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
scottcooks
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • meganmcg
  • Products and Tips
Replies