• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Grilled Chicken Penne Al Fresco?

In summary, this recipe is delicious and easy to make. You don't have to measure out the pasta, and the extra liquid helps the pasta absorb the flavors.
kdangel518
Gold Member
I made this for the first time tonight (don't know what took me so long!)

Does everyone else get a lot of liquid left at the bottom? Just wanted to be sure I didn't screw something up :p

it is better if you use a whole pound of pasta. Also make sure you don't use too many tomatoes.

Yep, that's what I was going to say too, everyone when it first came out discovered that you need to use the whole box of pasta and then it comes out right. I usually let mine sit for a few minutes after it's out of the microwave too... Love it!

Good to know, I like the idea of not having to measure out the pasta anyway!

I just threw the whole box in... I recently made the Pronto Pasta and Sausage skillet and I think it calls for 3 1/2 cups of penne, I measured out the box, and it was 3 1/2 cups. So I threw the whole box of penne in for the chicken penne al fresco (figured 1/2 cup wouldn't make a big difference) I'm assuming it was a 16 oz box but not sure! I'll have to check it out.

Also didn't measure my tomatoes, lol. I had a container of grape tomatoes, rinsed them, and threw them all in! I thought the tomato to pasta ratio was great, so I wouldn't cut back on tomatoes.

Mostly what was left was broth/wine.

I made this for my show on Thursday evening and sold 2 dcb's and the host is wanting one now. I was thrilled! Thankfully I had read some tips on here about the extra liquid so i added an extra cup of pasta and also let it sit out for a few minutes before serving so the pasta woudl soak up the extra juice. It was delish!!

Can someone post the recipe for this?? Thank you soo much!

PamperedJAB said:
Can someone post the recipe for this?? Thank you soo much!

It's on Consultants Corner, under Season's Best Recipes for this past Spring/Summer season.

Got it! Thanks!

What is the recipe for Grilled Chicken Penne Al Fresco?

The recipe for Grilled Chicken Penne Al Fresco can be found on the Pampered Chef website or in our recipe book. It includes ingredients such as grilled chicken, penne pasta, cherry tomatoes, basil, and a balsamic glaze.

Can I substitute the chicken with another protein?

Yes, you can substitute the chicken with another protein such as shrimp, tofu, or even grilled vegetables for a vegetarian option. Just make sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly.

How long does it take to grill the chicken for this recipe?

The chicken should be grilled for about 6-8 minutes on each side or until the internal temperature reaches 165°F. It is important to use a meat thermometer to ensure the chicken is fully cooked.

Can I make this dish ahead of time?

Yes, you can make the Grilled Chicken Penne Al Fresco ahead of time. After grilling the chicken and cooking the pasta, simply combine all the ingredients and store in an airtight container in the fridge. Reheat in the oven or microwave before serving.

Can I add any additional ingredients to this recipe?

Absolutely! Feel free to add any additional ingredients such as grilled vegetables, olives, or a different type of cheese to customize this dish to your liking. You can also adjust the amount of balsamic glaze used for a sweeter or tangier flavor.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Loveh20mi
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • Debbie.A.NOC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Fluffy215
  • babywings76