1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Grilled Chicken Penne Al Fresco?

1. kdangel518

kdangel518 Advanced Member Gold Member

I made this for the first time tonight (don't know what took me so long!)

Does everyone else get a lot of liquid left at the bottom? Just wanted to be sure I didn't screw something up :p

Sep 29, 2009
  2. ShanaSmith

ShanaSmith Veteran Member Silver Member

it is better if you use a whole pound of pasta. Also make sure you don't use too many tomatoes.

Sep 30, 2009
  3. ChefPaulaB

ChefPaulaB Veteran Member

Yep, that's what I was going to say too, everyone when it first came out discovered that you need to use the whole box of pasta and then it comes out right. I usually let mine sit for a few minutes after it's out of the microwave too... Love it!

Sep 30, 2009
  4. dkitten13

dkitten13 Member

Good to know, I like the idea of not having to measure out the pasta anyway!

Sep 30, 2009
  5. kdangel518

kdangel518 Advanced Member Gold Member

I just threw the whole box in... I recently made the Pronto Pasta and Sausage skillet and I think it calls for 3 1/2 cups of penne, I measured out the box, and it was 3 1/2 cups. So I threw the whole box of penne in for the chicken penne al fresco (figured 1/2 cup wouldn't make a big difference) I'm assuming it was a 16 oz box but not sure! I'll have to check it out.

Also didn't measure my tomatoes, lol. I had a container of grape tomatoes, rinsed them, and threw them all in! I thought the tomato to pasta ratio was great, so I wouldn't cut back on tomatoes.

Mostly what was left was broth/wine.

Sep 30, 2009
  6. CAPCnewbie

CAPCnewbie Member

I made this for my show on Thursday evening and sold 2 dcb's and the host is wanting one now. I was thrilled! Thankfully I had read some tips on here about the extra liquid so i added an extra cup of pasta and also let it sit out for a few minutes before serving so the pasta woudl soak up the extra juice. It was delish!!

Sep 30, 2009
  7. Can someone post the recipe for this?? Thank you soo much!

Sep 30, 2009
  8. ChefBeckyD

ChefBeckyD Legend Member Gold Member

It's on Consultants Corner, under Season's Best Recipes for this past Spring/Summer season.

Sep 30, 2009
  9. Got it! Thanks!

Oct 1, 2009
Have something to add?