• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Great Idea to Increase Contacts Through Catalog Shows

In summary, during a brainstorming session, the speaker's husband suggested having guests fill out door prize slips at catalog shows to increase contact information. This can be incentivized by offering extra gifts to the host for every order or a larger prize for turning in a certain amount of slips. For those closing catalog shows over the phone, the speaker suggested including a return envelope or having the host provide the information over the phone. Another suggestion was to have a sticker on the outside order form reminding guests to include their contact information. However, the speaker shared that they have trouble getting guests to fill out this information, even after pleading with the host.
cookingwith_tara
I love my hubby!!!!:love: So last night we were brain storming on creating more contacts and somehow got on the subject of door prize slips.

I realized that most of the time for Catalog Shows I just get a name. No matter how hard I coach the host to get FULL information it seldom works - which is what led into our conversation about how I'm loosing those customers as contacts. So then my wonderful husband said this . . .

"Why not have them fill out the door prize slip, too" Be sure to give your host enough drawing slips (which you can easily make on the computer if you run out) and tell her there will be a drawing just like there would be at a cooking show and to make sure EVERYONE filled one out. She will give them ALL to you when you close the show out. Have her 'draw' the winner. Maybe make it interesting for her as well - if she has a DPS for every order she gets an extra gift (twixit, citrus peeler, easy opener, SB, whatever) or if she turns in x amount she wins this or that. IT JUST MIGHT INCREASE YOUR CONTACT LIST AND OPEN THE DOOR TO MORE BOOKINGS plus a great game for catalog shows!

I LOVE IT AND AM GOING TO DO IT FOR MY NEXT CATALOG SHOW! :D

Great idea! I'm going to do it as well; thank hubby for me! :D

Great idea! Any suggestions for those of us who close our catalog shows over the phone?

What if, in your host packet, you included a return envelope, large enough to hold all of the DPS and she would mail it back to you? OR, what if she gave you over the phone all of the information - it would be time consuming but you would have it. YOu could still give her the opportunity to 'draw' but you would still want to information for yourself.

Anyone else?

wadesgirl said:
Great idea! Any suggestions for those of us who close our catalog shows over the phone?

I would suggest some sort of discount. $5/$10 off - whatever amount you feel the information is worth

Oops! Sorry - missed the point of the question

If its over the phone - don't all your guests complete their information on your website?

For each month, I have a copy of the outside order form that has this information written in:

-- At the top a sticker (from my label maker) that says "Need name, address & phone #
-- tax rates are written in
-- I make a sticker w/ that's host's name to put where it says "make checks payable to"
(I can pull this sticker off or cover over it when I'm making copies for my next host packet.)

This cuts down on my time and effort and I've noticed that people are adding the necessary information on their outside orders.

I ask the host to mail me these forms or drop them off at my house after we've put them in over the phone.

My problem is getting the guests and customers to fill out that information. I've pleaded and begged the hosts to make sure but in the end they say, "Oh, just use my number we work together or that's my so and so."

cookingwith_tara said:
I love my hubby!!!!:love: So last night we were brain storming on creating more contacts and somehow got on the subject of door prize slips.

I realized that most of the time for Catalog Shows I just get a name. No matter how hard I coach the host to get FULL information it seldom works - which is what led into our conversation about how I'm loosing those customers as contacts. So then my wonderful husband said this . . .

"Why not have them fill out the door prize slip, too" Be sure to give your host enough drawing slips (which you can easily make on the computer if you run out) and tell her there will be a drawing just like there would be at a cooking show and to make sure EVERYONE filled one out. She will give them ALL to you when you close the show out. Have her 'draw' the winner. Maybe make it interesting for her as well - if she has a DPS for every order she gets an extra gift (twixit, citrus peeler, easy opener, SB, whatever) or if she turns in x amount she wins this or that. IT JUST MIGHT INCREASE YOUR CONTACT LIST AND OPEN THE DOOR TO MORE BOOKINGS plus a great game for catalog shows!

I LOVE IT AND AM GOING TO DO IT FOR MY NEXT CATALOG SHOW! :D

I've been doing this now for a few years. It does work because a lot of times people do want to have shows but they aren't quite sure how to contact you. They would rather have you contact them. The only problem is getting the host to mail them back to me. I do include a SASE and I tell them to mail payment and the slips back. Also, even if you don't get any hits for future shows right away, you usually get an e-mail and you can e-mail them thanking them for their order and let them know that you will put them on a monthly e-mail newsletter.

cookingwith_tara said:
My problem is getting the guests and customers to fill out that information. I've pleaded and begged the hosts to make sure but in the end they say, "Oh, just use my number we work together or that's my so and so."

Maybe if you explain to the host that you make customer care calls, they'll understand WHY you ask for this information and be more willing to gather what you need.

cookingwith_tara said:

When I host coach I tell my hosts I need all info. because of our product guarantees.

chefjeanine said:
Maybe if you explain to the host that you make customer care calls, they'll understand WHY you ask for this information and be more willing to gather what you need.

I had more than one host flat out tell me no! :rolleyes:

SeeMe4PC said:
I would suggest some sort of discount. $5/$10 off - whatever amount you feel the information is worth

Oops! Sorry - missed the point of the question

If its over the phone - don't all your guests complete their information on your website?

I get all the orders from my host over the phone, so she just tells me the guest's name. I have asked for addresses and stuff before and they usually don't have it. I don't like mailing checks and such back and forth, that's why I close all catalog shows over the phone.

I love this idea! I may try it. I don't have to many problem's with people filling out their oof's. I think it is because of the wording I use or maybe they just want to. :)

This is what is on top of all my order forms, the month changes:

December Outside Order Form — Please fill out completely so I can serve you better and help with any warranty issues!

I tell the host that I will not be able to process any returns without complete contact information. I tell hosts that I take care of returns and exchanges unless I don't have an address and phone number. Hopefully, hosts and her "guests" will use my website because then I get all the info, including e-mail address. I ask the host when I'm closing the show for the contact info if she's giving me the order over the phone. I tell her that I need it for processing any returns which is the truth. I really won't take care of returns w/o that info already in my program.

PCJen said:
When I host coach I tell my hosts I need all info. because of our product guarantees.

Yes, i also say that. i tell them that because the official receipt is also the certificate of guarantee, that is has to be completely filled out to be valid.

I don't do a lot of catty shows - but the ones I do - I highlight ALL the information I want them to fill out (some might think it is time-consuming - I has made my life easier though)

Someone once suggested that we tell our hosts that HO will not accept our orders unless we have all of the information filled in so if something comes up they can contact them or resolve exchanges or warranty issues. I try to remember to tell my hosts that.

What a great idea!!

I read this thread last night, and the door prize slips have been stuck in my head as I'm packing for my first show for tomorrow night... I'm not new to DS, but I am new to PC. I've always had a problem with the door prize slips being filled out. I have come up with an idea that just may work for me.

When handing out the guest packets, I will explain that they have their order form, all of their information must be on there for me to complete their order. But also, there is a DPS, I will then explain that not only will we hold a drawing tonight for a small gift, but that I also hold a monthly drawing for all customers/ people in attendence, but in order for them to be eligible to win, they must simply fill in all information and answer the few questions listed. I'm not sure what I will use for a prize yet, but I'll figure that out!

You could also include the catalog guest in the monthly drawing to entise them to fill out more information!

I usually let customers make a check for orders out to me. Before I deposit them, I copy all of their info from the check onto pp with their order. Some checks have phone numbers too.

I NEVER take an order from somebody without full name and phone number!!!!

guess we could request a phone number on the check if it's not printed on it. a lot of stores do that too.

You really do need to have a phone and/or email. What if there is a problem with their order, or their payment method and you had to contact them? So that would be my reasoning, but I like the DPS/customer care slips for a drawing. It gives them a reason for it that they would like. :)

I tell my host I need name/phone number/email to accept checks and must have name/phone number/email for credit cards also... if she asks why I explain that it is my policy to contact the customer directly if there is any payment issue so as not to embarrass them with the host and to keep her out of the middle of it.
Unfortunately, I've had shows held up because I couldn't reach a guest by phone, so I request the email also -- obviously if they don't HAVE email they don't have to give it, but it does usually get me full info.Essentially, I can't accept any payment, except cash without phone/email.

1. How can I increase my contacts through catalog shows?

One great idea is to host a virtual catalog show on social media. Invite friends, family, and acquaintances to join the event and view the catalog. You can also offer incentives, such as discounts or free products, for those who refer new contacts to the show.

2. Can I use my own personal contact list for catalog shows?

Yes, you can definitely use your personal contact list to invite people to your catalog shows. However, it's always a good idea to expand your network by reaching out to new contacts as well.

3. How can I make my catalog show more engaging?

One way to make your catalog show more engaging is by incorporating interactive elements, such as polls, quizzes, or live demonstrations. You can also encourage attendees to share their own experiences with the products and engage with each other in the comments section.

4. Is it better to host a catalog show online or in-person?

Both options have their benefits. Hosting a catalog show in-person allows for a more personal touch and the opportunity to showcase products in person. However, hosting a virtual catalog show can reach a larger audience and allows for more flexibility in scheduling.

5. What should I do after the catalog show to follow up with new contacts?

It's important to follow up with new contacts after the catalog show to maintain the relationship. You can send a thank you email with a special offer or discount code, or even reach out with a personal message to see if they have any questions or need assistance with their orders.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Suzy Englert
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Suzy Englert
Replies
Views
vhadley
Replies
Views
flemings99