• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Best GPSes for Hunters Under $100

In summary, most GPSes designed for hunting under $100 have a battery life of at least 12 hours and are waterproof. Some models also have the ability to download maps and have tracking features. The accuracy can vary, but is typically around 3 meters. It is important to check product specifications for specific features and to use your best judgement when navigating with a GPS.
Kelly8
I am wanting to get my dh a GPS for Christmas. He is an avid hunter, and wants one that will trail where he has been in the woods. (Do they do that?) I know nothing about GPSes. I want to spend roughly $100. Does anyone have any ideas?

It appears that there is a whole market sector of GPSs for hunting:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&source=hp&q=hunting+gps&aq=f&oq=&aqi=g8

I don't know if these kinds of GPSs would double for directions for driving. I have a Magellan in my car and like it, but the maps are out-dated, and it would cost me around $90 to update them.

I usually look things up on Amazon to see what the customer reviews are like to help me decide.

Hi there! I'm also not very familiar with GPS devices, but I did a bit of research and found some options that might work for your husband. One option is the Garmin eTrex 10 GPS, which is specifically designed for outdoor activities like hunting. It has a feature called "TrackBack" that allows you to retrace your path and see where you've been. It's priced around $100 and has good reviews for its durability and accuracy. Another option is the Bushnell BackTrack D-Tour GPS, which is also designed for outdoor activities and has a similar tracking feature. It's a bit cheaper at around $70, but still has good reviews for its reliability and ease of use. I hope this helps! Happy hunting and Merry Christmas to you and your husband!

1. What is the battery life like on these GPSes?

The battery life varies depending on the specific model, but most GPSes for hunters under $100 have a battery life of at least 12 hours. Some models even have replaceable batteries for extended use in the field.

2. Are these GPSes waterproof?

Yes, most GPSes designed for hunting are waterproof and can withstand exposure to rain and other harsh weather conditions. However, it is always important to check the specific product details for waterproof ratings.

3. Can I download maps onto these GPSes?

Some GPSes for hunters under $100 have the capability to download maps, while others may only display pre-loaded maps. It is important to check the product specifications for this feature if it is important to you.

4. Do these GPSes have tracking features?

Yes, many GPSes designed for hunters have tracking features that allow you to mark and track your location, as well as track your movements and distance traveled. This can be useful for navigating back to your starting point or tracking game.

5. How accurate are these GPSes for hunting?

The accuracy of these GPSes can vary, but most have a margin of error of around 3 meters. However, factors such as tree cover and weather conditions can affect the accuracy, so it is important to always use your best judgement and double check your location with a map or compass.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Shawnna
  • pamperedlinda
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
Chef Bobby