• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Theme Show Good Cookie Recipe Brand For Ice Cream Cookie Sandwiches

pampermeRai

Mar 12, 2006
Hi all! I have a Mommy & Me party and I am going to make icream sandwiches Does anyone have some good sure-fire cookie recipes (possibly one choc chip, one butter cookie and one oreo-type cookie) or know of good cookie brands that hold up? I'd love to hear them Thanks!

Grandmarita

Advanced Member
Gold Member
Nov 9, 2005
In the store bought variety, Archway cookies has Oatmeal Raisin, and
Chocolate cookies, as well as peanut butter cookies. They are a perfect fit for the ice cream sandwich maker. My homemades are too unpredictable in
size to trust they will fit. Good luck, and let us know if you find the perfect
size. I now have all three of our scoops and may try to get a more consistent size cookie by using one of them. My problem is that some get so crisp that they break in the ice cream sandwich maker. Did the instructions that came with the ICSM give a cookie recipe, or brand to use with it? I don't think so but maybe someone can check before June special comes along.
Grandmarita

ChefMommyinOC

Mar 7, 2006
Cut them

pampermeRai said:
Hi all! I have a Mommy & Me party and I am going to make icream sandwiches Does anyone have some good sure-fire cookie recipes (possibly one choc chip, one butter cookie and one oreo-type cookie) or know of good cookie brands that hold up? I'd love to hear them Thanks!

I was told that if your cookie comes out too big for the sandwich maker, just cut the cookie with the maker itself! Kinda like when you make 'toads in the hole,' just place the maker over the cookie and press down. Then you've got the perfect size! And you can take the leftover parts and crush them a bit more to use as an ice cream topping!

pcjulie

Aug 16, 2005
Brownies work too!

Last year I made some with brownies instead of cookies. I just punched out the brownies with the ICSM. The only thing I suggest is using a bigger pan to make the brownies thinner. Those 2 big brownies and the ice cream were a little too rich - even for me!:D Maybe do a 9x13 box in the Bar Pan, just watch your time. You'll have no problem finding people to eat the scraps, or use the scraps for brownie sundaes!

soonerchef

Veteran Member
Feb 17, 2006
Pepperidge Farms Soft Bake cookies are perfect, right size and soft like a store bought sandwich cookie is.