• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Golf Fundraiser: Pampered Chef Opportunity - Good Idea or Not?

In summary, Becky was offered an opportunity to be part of a high-end golf tournament type fundraiser for cancer on Friday. She calculated that she would need to sell at least $6000 to break even, and decided that it was not a good opportunity due to the high risk and the lack of guaranteed exposure. Debbie had a show her first year of selling with a great host, and when she got to her house, she found out that a wealthy friend was coming to the show as a guest. The host said that she never dreamed of inviting her, because she
cdnsue
Hi all,

I'm fairly new to the boards but have been so impressed with all your helpful advice, that I'm hoping you can suggest whether this opportunity is a good one or not. I'm just 4 months into my PC career so am still 'learning the ropes'.

I was offered an opportunity to be part of a high-end golf tournament type fundraiser for cancer on Friday. 144 women with a tee buy-in of at least $500going up to $7500. The committee would like to have a PC fundraiser at the event.

However, the buy-in as 'sponsor' would be $500 + expenses. (Door prizes, catalogues, etc). The positive would be exposure to at least 144 women whom have more disposable incomes than average but of course, it's a lot of money to put out. If it went well, there is another one in August that would be included in the deal.

A quick calculation would be that you would need to sell at least $6000 to break even, or $41 per person (and of course not all will be buying).

Has anyone tried something like this before? How did it work for you? Would you do it again?

I've never done it before but is there another PC consultant that you can team up with on it? Are they guarenteeing you anything or giving you anything other than exposure? Just curious.

Thanks, Becky.

It's just exposure. I talked it over with my director and it just doesn't seem like enough somehow. Too much risk for not enough guarantee.

So for now, it's a no-go. I had to remind myself too that my goal with this business is to have fun, and enjoy myself so doing something like that makes it much more of a serious venture. I don't think I'm ready for that yet.

My first thought was 144 women...that's it?? I don't think I would pay that much just for 144 people to see me. maybe 1440 people! heh, I'm still thinking about whether $85 is too much for a 4th of July festival...

$500 is way too much money. Sounds like you already made up your mind.Maybe you could provide a flyer or something for their goodie bags (if they're giving them away).

Great idea Debbie! $500+ was way too much and Glad you talked with your director about it.

You might also want to consider that if these women have disposable incomes, they might also have a household employee that does some/most of their cooking. If so, they probably won't be impressed or interested in kitchen items.

If you can throw in some marketing materials for very low cost, that would probably be worth the expense, but I don't think I would invest that much into this particular event. A bridal show with thousands of guest exposure, maybe ...

I say that is not enough people (144) to pay that much money for. You aren't guaranteed anything. I paid $500 for a trade show that generally has 3500 people through every time. And I think this would be a similar event.... less people!

I'm thinking these women may buy but never book!!!! You would have to sell a whole lot to get $500 back...

i agree with everyone who has posted thus far and would like to add that IMO (feel free to differ) people at certain age and income groups won't buy PC, and have an attitude toward the DS world in general. as sheila pointed out, they may have someone do the cooking for them, or they already have fully loaded kitchens. i have been burned more than once by upper class strata.

as for the fee - geez $500 is a lot of money for no guaranteed anything other than "exposure"

I think that $500 is too much to pay....

However! I feel like I need to present a different side of higher income customers.

I had a show my very first year of selling with a great host. When I got to her house, she was all in a dither, because there was a friend she hadn't invited, but who had heard from someone else that she was having a PC show, and was coming as that person's guest...but was a little hurt because she hadn't been invited. The host said she never dreamed of inviting her, because she was very wealthy, had someone else to do her cooking, and she (the host) just didn't think she would be interested. Well, this person came, bought $350 in product (and the host had an over $1000 show!) , booked a catalog show, and has become one of my best, and most loyal customers! She has since had 2 catalog shows, an extremely successful cooking show, and orders between $300-$400 every Dec. for Christmas gifts, and the same in June for Wedding/Birthdays/Anniversaries.
She is an amazing woman - travels w/ her husband extensively, runs her own business, and although she has the option of someone else cooking for her, she loves to relax by playing around in the kitchen. And when she is cooking, she loves to cook with PC equipment!

When I had the cooking show at her house - mansion, really, (it was a candy-making Christmas show) the guests included her housekeeper, her assistant, her DH's personal assistant......plus friends from the Country Club set....very interesting show!

So - all of that to say - never assume! Certainly, they may not be interested in buying - but sometimes other people aren't either. And they just may become your best customers! If you decline the opportunity, do it graciously, and leave the door open for future business with them!

yikes. too much $$---skip it

Related to Golf Fundraiser: Pampered Chef Opportunity - Good Idea or Not?

1. Is the Pampered Chef Golf Fundraiser a good idea for our organization?

It depends on your organization's specific needs and goals. The Pampered Chef Golf Fundraiser can be a great opportunity for groups looking to raise funds while providing a fun and unique experience for their supporters.

2. How much does it cost to host a Pampered Chef Golf Fundraiser?

The cost of hosting a Pampered Chef Golf Fundraiser varies depending on the package and options you choose. However, we work with you to create a budget-friendly plan that will maximize your fundraising potential.

3. What does the Pampered Chef Golf Fundraiser package include?

The package includes a round of golf, a cooking demonstration by a Pampered Chef consultant, dinner, and a fundraising component. We also offer customizable options such as silent auctions, raffles, and more to make your event even more successful.

4. How much money can we expect to raise with the Pampered Chef Golf Fundraiser?

The amount of money raised will depend on the size and participation of your event, as well as your fundraising efforts. However, previous organizations have raised anywhere from a few hundred to several thousand dollars with our Golf Fundraiser.

5. How do we get started with hosting a Pampered Chef Golf Fundraiser?

You can get started by contacting your local Pampered Chef consultant or reaching out to our corporate team. We will work with you to plan and execute a successful and memorable event for your organization.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Lisa/ChefBear
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • starrmarie
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies