1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Bookings Going to try something NEW today!

1. its_me_susan

its_me_susan Senior Member

I have a show today at noon. I've wrapped up two "gifts" (a can opener, and a FOOD CHOPPER) and will tell my party that if 2 people book catalog or kitchen shows through the host's party, she will get this (can opener wrapped).... If I can get 5 booked (and I will close it in a few days), she will get the second bigger gift, plus hostess specials.

Cross your fingers - it's a small (6 guests plus outside orders)! We're going to demonstrate the apple slicer/corer/peeler (Taffy Apple Pizza), the cookie press, and the cookware - - I packed WAY too many items... but my super starter 2 and the bonus items arrived a few days ago and I am too excited to leave much home! :)

I'll check in tonight.
    Susan

Oct 16, 2005
  2. AJPratt

AJPratt Legend Member Silver Member

Good luck! My director has mentioned doing giveaways like that. I have to start trying that to see if it works for me!

Oct 16, 2005
  3. PCAbby

PCAbby Member

Worked for me

Not sure if I posted my experience with this already, but it worked really well at the show I did it at. I got three with a possible fourth booking. I have nerves about the chance that they might cancle the booked dates though...we'll see!

Oct 16, 2005
  4. chefautumn

chefautumn Member

That is a great idea. I would just be careful because I tried this, gave away some great gifts, and they cancelled on me :(
    Hopefully most people will be honest.
    Good luck with your show! I hope you get some bookings :)

Autumn Cercone
    Kitchen Consultant for
    The Pampered Chef
    [email protected]
    www.pamperedchef.biz/chefautumn

Oct 16, 2005
  5. pamperedchristine

pamperedchristine Member Gold Member

Instead of giving people the gift when they book (at the show), put their name on it and give it to them at THEIR show. That'll stop the waste.

6. sarahlegare

sarahlegare Advanced Member

Instead of giving people the gift when they book (at the show), put their name on it and give it to them at THEIR show. That'll stop the waste.

That's a great idea, or you could add an extra $ amount to the booking host AT her show! I did this for my show on Saturday and got 3 bookings, all for the end of October, so the Show-to-go WILL be mine!!! :)

Oct 16, 2005
  7. AJPratt

That's what my director suggested I do just in case they do cancel.

Oct 17, 2005
  8. reegrace

reegrace Member

I give away a cookbook with 3 bookings. I order the cookbook when I close the 3rd show. That way if anyone cancels I am not out anything.

Oct 17, 2005
  9. AJPratt

That's a good idea as well!

Oct 17, 2005
Have something to add?