• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Have You Tried the 'Gift of Booking' Idea?

In summary, Carolyn found an interesting way to promote her shows--wrapping a gift. She suggests wrapping a PICTURE of an item and giving it to the original host at the third show.
nikked
Gold Member
My AD just sent this to me, and I was so excited when I read it. It is such a great idea, and I am excited to try this at my Feb. shows (I am done for January, except for cattys).

I hope this is helpful to someone!

Jackie M said:
A few weeks ago I took a Class with Julie Weitz on bookings! I was getting about 1-2 confirmed before I left the show and one after...So about 2-3 per show!

After taking Julie's class I decided to RUN with her idea on Wrapping a Gift!

Take a PC item (mine have been what I have new in stock-- $15ish) wrap in festive paper, tie a bow around it...

At the end of the show I'll say--

"I bet some of you are wondering what this wrapped gift is all about...WELL I've been dying to tell you! This gift is "potentially" for Sue....

• When the first person schedules a show, Sue gets to take off the bow
  • When the second person schedules a show, Sue gets to up-wrap the gift
  • When the third person books a show, Sue gets to keep the gift"

My very 1st show I got 4 bookings in my calendar
2nd Show-- NONE-- I almost thought, its a FLUKE!
3rd Show ---6 booked
4th show---- (4 in attendance) all 4 booked
5th show---4 more booked

If you aren't trying this-- I think its a huge mistake...

Try this with the rest of your January Shows-- just think you could have at least 3 more shows on your calendar for January...It's a great way to secure your future months!!!!

Enjoy!

My cluster talked about this at the meeting. Do you really think it works?

My concern would be how many of those booked shows are actually STICKINg. I would rather let her HAVe the gift AT the last show otherwise I could totally see 3 people booking but inly one actually having the show

Holy crappus! That's a great idea! I think I'll do it with the small bar pan to promote the stoneware in February! Thanks for the awesome idea!

I would jokingly threaten to take the gift back from the original hostess if the booker was waivering. No one wants to dissapoint a friend!

True Carolyn-but for me just starting out I'll take what I can get!

I have a show tomorrow and would love to try this, but I don't have anything "extra" sitting around to wrap for my host and co-host. I guess, I could wrap up a picture of a couple products and then add them to their orders as a gift from me. I'm going to have to give this a try. I want a few more shows for next month. Thanks for sharing.

chefheather said:
I have a show tomorrow and would love to try this, but I don't have anything "extra" sitting around to wrap for my host and co-host. I guess, I could wrap up a picture of a couple products and then add them to their orders as a gift from me. I'm going to have to give this a try. I want a few more shows for next month. Thanks for sharing.
Maybe a way to avoid giving away the special products and not having the bookings stick is by wrapping a PICTURE of an item and saying the original host gets it at the 3rd show??? Or would that be too mean? Or wrapping the actual product, but giving it to the original host at that last show. It's kind of like taking way the big trophy (like at awards shows) and giving the "real" one to the winner later.

Does that make sense? I agree....I would want the people booking to know the host doesn't get the bonus unless they actually hold their show. Any other ideas?

I'm excited--Julie's a speaker at our regional meeting in a few weeks!

I think this is great I'll give it a try since I really want to increase my business this year. Thanks I'll give it a try.

How about this alternative...

Have a few smaller items wrapped and one big item that can be wrapped or unwrapped. The smaller items would be something like the Bamboo Spoon Set, Skinny Scraper, Bamboo Tongs, Easy Opener, etc. The larger gift would be the Tool Turn About. For each show that is booked, the hostess gets to open one of the smaller items. Let them know that once each of the shows has been held and submitted, the host will receive the Tool Turn About.

Just a thought.

Neat idea. Have to think about the best way to work this though. I just wonder how many people will really hold their show. If you get any info on how long she has been doing this or what percentage hold their shows let us know.

I'm thinking the picture of the item is a great idea. Maybe use those nesting boxes and she gets to take off one box for every booking?

Ok, maybe this is due to the fact that I only had one show so far (or maybe it is due to being dropped as a baby) but I'm missing something here. Who is Sue? The hostess or potential hostess? And, if it only takes three steps to get to the "toosie roll" center, how are you getting 4 to 6 bookings? Is it the excitement of getting their own free gift as a hostess that gets more people to book long after the hostess gets the gift?

I would be concerned about handing out free gifts based on bookings and not having the actual cooking show materialize so I like Heather's idea - far less expensive stuff to be out of in case it flops.

Great idea...I am in agreement with wrapping up a picture or an empty PC box of the item. If all three potential hosts have their shows...the host will get to have the box back with the item in it! ;)

Don't feel bad,...I
Shonda1107 said:
Ok, maybe this is due to the fact that I only had one show so far (or maybe it is due to being dropped as a baby) but I'm missing something here. Who is Sue? The hostess or potential hostess? And, if it only takes three steps to get to the "toosie roll" center, how are you getting 4 to 6 bookings? Is it the excitement of getting their own free gift as a hostess that gets more people to book long after the hostess gets the gift?

I would be concerned about handing out free gifts based on bookings and not having the actual cooking show materialize so I like Heather's idea - far less expensive stuff to be out of in case it flops.

coulnd't follow who "Sue" was either!!

Liz

Sue is the current hostess. She gets to slowly open the gift as her friends book shows to help her get to open the gift. There can be more than 3 bookings because sometimes people want to book for themselves, not just to help out their friend (the current host).

Shonda1107 said:

Shonda I would have to agree.. people would be more interested in booking if THEY get the free gift. The host is gonna be getting lots as it is.. give the guests the opportunity to earn something free by hosting a show! I do the book to look game and I get anywhere from 1-3 bookings per show! They get the product they picked upon the closing of their show. If they have to postpone their show, I still honour the gift they won upon the closing of their rescheduled show. it works well.

Cheers

Sue is the host. She gets the gift if her friends book.

I would think that a host would be left with a bad taste if she could only open the bow and wouldn't actually get the gift if she didn't get all 3 bookings.

I personally think that doing it that way is putting way too much pressure on bookings and you are bound to lose a good per cent of them. I like the idea of giving her the promise of a gift at the friend's show. You could still wrap a box and put in a note or list of products in the price range you are willing to give.

I tried to do this at a show in December......it almost backfired on me as the first person booked, and when it looked like noone else was going to book - she was mad that the host may not get to keep the gift if noone else booked to keep the process going. It was kind of an awkward moment

Melinda

Regarding not giving the original host the gift until all of the bookings hold:As a host for other plans (I usually do one party a year for some other company), I really hate the "we'll give you this really nice item after all 3 of the bookings hold"-type gifts. Sure, I can beg my friends to book and can even encourage them not to cancel. But things come up and reschedules/cancellations happen. I did my part as a host and talked to people about booking, which may be a big step outside my confort zone. But as a consultant, I completely understand the thinking that all the bookings must hold. Especially when it's something that I'm paying for. It's a fine line to walk. Maybe you could give the original host something small at her show when she gets 3 bookings, and tell her that she can upgrade it when the 3rd booking holds.

I tried this twice and got nothing. :( Maybe I am doing it wrong. I also heard of this from Julie Welz. I have her "How to host a great party" Or something like that. I also tried the booking tree and have yet to get a bite on that. So I have gone back to the basics. I did however have better luck with the "Why" bag she suggested. Everyone thought it was clever and I got a better response out of my guests listening.
So, I thought I would try the cheerleader thing she talks about on her CD next month after I master the why bag. Maybe at my Moms party with her friend as my "guinea pigs."
Oh well thats my 2 cents....
Schel

1. How does "The Gift of Booking" idea work?

The Gift of Booking is a unique way to incentivize your friends and family to host a Pampered Chef party. When you purchase a gift certificate for a party, the recipient can use it towards their own party and receive exclusive host rewards.

2. Can I customize the gift certificate for "The Gift of Booking"?

Yes, you can personalize the gift certificate with a special message and the recipient's name. This adds a personal touch and makes it a thoughtful gift for anyone.

3. What are the benefits of giving "The Gift of Booking"?

By giving "The Gift of Booking", you are not only giving the recipient a fun and interactive party experience, but you are also helping them earn free products and discounts as a host. It's a win-win situation for both the giver and the recipient.

4. How do I purchase a gift certificate for "The Gift of Booking"?

You can purchase a gift certificate for "The Gift of Booking" through a Pampered Chef consultant or through our website. Simply choose the amount you want to gift and provide the necessary information for personalization.

5. Is there an expiration date for "The Gift of Booking" gift certificate?

Yes, the gift certificate expires 6 months from the date of purchase. This gives the recipient enough time to plan and schedule their party. However, the host rewards earned from the party can be used for up to a year.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• monicaD
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
babywings76
Replies
Views
kcmckay
  • ponvn591
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies