• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

God's Love: A Story & Inspiring Thought

In summary, the conversation includes a story about a young executive who learns a valuable lesson when a brick is thrown at his car. The story reminds us to slow down and pay attention to those around us. The conversation also includes a thought for the day about God's love and a similar story about a man helping a woman and her choking child. The conversation ends with a reflection on gratitude and being thankful for what we have.
pamperedpals
Gold Member
I just received this email from a co-worker and thought I would post if for everyone to read.

Read this today and don't delete it if you are too busy!! You'll see why.

The Brick​

A young and successful executive was traveling down a neighborhood street, going a bit too fast in his new Jaguar. He was watching for kids darting out from between parked cars and slowed down when he thought he saw something. As his car passed, no children appeared. Instead, a brick smashed into the Jag's side door! He slammed on the brakes and backed the Jag back to the spot where the brick had been thrown The angry driver then jumped out of the car, grabbed the nearest kid and pushed him up against a parked car shouting, 'What was that all about and who are you? Just what the heck are you doing? That's a new car and that brick you threw is going to cost a lot of money. Why did you do it?' The young boy was apologetic. 'Please, mister...please, I'm sorry but I didn't know what else to do,' He pleaded. 'I threw the brick because no one else would stop...' With tears dripping down his face and off his chin, the youth pointed to a spot just around a parked car. 'It's my brother, 'he said. 'He rolled off the curb and fell out of his wheelchair and I can't lift him up.'

Now sobbing, the boy asked the stunned executive, 'Would you please help me get him back into his wheelchair? He's hurt and he's too heavy for me.'

Moved beyond words, the driver tried to swallow the rapidly swelling lump in his throat. He hurriedly lifted the handicapped boy back into the wheelchair, then took out a linen handkerchief and dabbed at the fresh scrapes and cuts. A quick look told him everything was going to be okay. 'Thank you and may God bless you,' the grateful child told the stranger. Too shook up for words, the man simply watched the boy! push his wheelchair-bound brother down the sidewalk toward their home.

It was a long, slow walk back to the Jaguar. The damage was very noticeable, but the driver never bothered to repair the dented side door. He kept the dent there to remind him of this message: 'Don't go through life so fast that someone has to throw a brick at you to get your attention!' God whispers in our souls and speaks to our hearts. Sometimes when we don't have time to listen, He has to throw a brick at us. It's our choice to listen or not.

Thought for the Day:

If God had a refrigerator, your picture would be on it.

If He had a wallet, your photo would be in it.

He sends you flowers every spring.

He sends you a sunrise every morning Face it, friend - He is crazy about you!

God didn't promise days without pain, laughter without sorrow,sun without rain, but He did promise strength for the day, comfort for the tears, and light for the way.

Read this line very slowly and let it sink in...

If God brings you to it, He will bring you through it.​

I love this story every time I read it and God seems to send it every time He knows I need it! Thanks!

It's a good reminder that we should never be too busy to wonder why a little boy at the side of the road is trying to slow someone down. It's also a good reminder that we never know what someone else's motives are. The following is a condensed version of a similar story:A man was behind a woman who was obviously distracted. She kept looking in the back seat. She was driving erratically and a bit too slowly for the man's taste. At the next stoplight, she jumped out of her car, ran to the back, opened the door, and reached in. In a huff, the man got out of his car and went to yell at the woman. He realized she was yelling, then realized she was yelling, "He's choking!" Seems her child was choking on a snack. He was able to help her and her son, who was fine after the ordeal.

OK, that left me in tears...and thank you for the very last line. It is oh so true!

This is a very good story. I have a gratitude journal that I try to write in everyday. I believe I have so much to be thankful for on a daily basis. When we stop to say thank you I realize just how blessed I am.

Great story! Thanks for sharing!

What is "God's Love: A Story & Inspiring Thought" about?

"God's Love: A Story & Inspiring Thought" is a book that tells the story of God's love for us through short, inspirational thoughts and reflections. It is a reminder of the unconditional love that God has for each and every one of us.

Who is the author of "God's Love: A Story & Inspiring Thought"?

The author of "God's Love: A Story & Inspiring Thought" is unknown. The book is a collection of anonymous writings that have been compiled and published by Pampered Chef.

Is "God's Love: A Story & Inspiring Thought" a religious book?

Yes, "God's Love: A Story & Inspiring Thought" is a religious book that shares messages of God's love and faith. However, it is not affiliated with any specific religion and can be enjoyed by people of all faiths.

Can "God's Love: A Story & Inspiring Thought" be used as a devotional?

Yes, many people use "God's Love: A Story & Inspiring Thought" as a daily devotional. It offers short, uplifting messages that can help readers reflect on their faith and feel closer to God.

Where can I purchase "God's Love: A Story & Inspiring Thought"?

"God's Love: A Story & Inspiring Thought" is available for purchase through Pampered Chef's website or through independent Pampered Chef consultants. It can also be found at select bookstores and online retailers.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• tlag1986
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
tlag1986
Replies
Views
pcchefjane
Replies
Views
chefsteph07