• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Giving Customers Discounts in pp: A Guide

In summary, "Giving Customers Discounts in pp: A Guide" provides guidelines and information for offering discounts to customers in Pampered Chef parties and events. These discounts can be offered by any consultant, but it is important to follow the guidelines to ensure they are used effectively. There are three types of discounts available: host specials, guest specials, and consultant specials. Discounts should be offered strategically to encourage sales and reward customer loyalty, and it is recommended to keep track of them using a spreadsheet or tracking tool. Communication with your team and customers is also important to avoid confusion.
chefmoseley
Gold Member
So some of you have mentioned giving customers a discount when they have referred someone to you, or for a birthday. How do you offer this discount in Pampered Partner? Sorry if this is a silly question...Thanks :)

If you are offering a flat $10 off an order, just enter the order like you always do. Under the payment screen, put a $10 payment in as Consultant Gift.

Charge her the balance that is showing after the Consultant Gift is credited.

If you are giving a discount, you may need to calculate the order manually. If you're giving a 10% discount, and the order is $40, simply take the 10% off amount ($4 in this example) and enter that amount as a Consultant gift, with the balance being hers to pay.

I hope that makes sense!!

Best wishes,
Paula

Paula said it well, but I just wanted to add that it isn't a silly question. I had the SAME one when I got started. You just live and learn (and when your brain doesn't function - you come and ask here!)

Do you still get commission on the "consultant gift" part??

so does the consultant pay for the discount (if its 10% of 40$ the consultant is responsible for the 4$)?

jrb0328 said:
so does the consultant pay for the discount (if its 10% of 40$ the consultant is responsible for the 4$)?
Yes, they do

Thank you paula i was wondering about that consultant gift in the payment options :)

What is the purpose of "Giving Customers Discounts in pp: A Guide"?

The purpose of this guide is to provide information and guidelines for giving discounts to customers in Pampered Chef parties and events. It outlines the different types of discounts available, when and how to offer them, and how to keep track of them.

Can I offer discounts to customers in any Pampered Chef party or event?

Yes, as a Pampered Chef consultant, you have the ability to offer discounts to customers in any party or event you host. However, it is important to follow the guidelines outlined in the guide to ensure that discounts are used effectively and do not negatively impact your business.

What are the different types of discounts available?

There are three types of discounts available for Pampered Chef parties and events: host specials, guest specials, and consultant specials. Host specials are exclusive discounts available to the host of a party or event, guest specials are discounts available to all customers, and consultant specials are discounts offered by individual consultants to their own customers.

When should I offer discounts to customers?

Discounts should be offered strategically to encourage sales and reward customer loyalty. It is recommended to offer discounts during promotional periods, as incentives for larger purchases, or to reward repeat customers. It is important to use discounts sparingly and not rely on them too heavily.

How do I keep track of discounts offered to customers?

The guide recommends keeping track of discounts offered using a spreadsheet or tracking tool. This will help you stay organized and ensure that you are not offering too many discounts or losing track of them. It is also important to communicate with your team and customers about any discounts offered to avoid confusion or misunderstandings.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
rwester
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • riggs62
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
riggs62