• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Give Me Some Ideas for Shows at a Vacation Resort

In summary, the author has the opportunity to do a show twice a month for the vacationers living in a gated community on the water. She is also thinking of doing a theme of elegant and easy. There is no stove, so the food must be prepared "hands on." The author mentions that she could do a cake show, a grill show, or a drink show. All of the trifles can fit into this category. There are also suggestions for drinks and foods that could be included in the shows
Cindycooks
Silver Member
We live in a gated community on the water (before you judge me - lol - Im not rich - our neighborhood is totally normal)....we have vacation villas here that are full all summer with a community room. I have the opportunity to do a show 2 or 3 times a month for the vacationers!!!! WooHoo!

So - help me with ideas! There is NO STOVE...which is fine by me. I'd rather this be hands on, no waiting, just people coming in and taking a look, trying the products, having a bite.

Havent figured out yet who buys the ingredients - but I get the room for free so I'll buy them if I have too. I'm thinking ice-cream social (there is a freezer) they can chop nuts, slice strawberries with the egg slicer, drizzle chocolate etc.....

I need to check if there is a microwave - I think there is - I could do a cake!

Trifle. I do the Chocolate Raspberry or Chocolate Strawberry Trifle. Let me know if you want the recipe. I think I posted it before in a thread...

thats a great idea - I thought about a trifle and I have 3 pages of recipes! We do it up big here on Memorial Day and the 4th. I could do red,white and blue!

I'm also thinking a kids show.

Not to hi-jack too badly but...
Cindycooks said:
We live in a gated community on the water (before you judge me - lol - Im not rich - our neighborhood is totally normal)....we have vacation villas here that are full all summer with a community room. I have the opportunity to do a show 2 or 3 times a month for the vacationers!!!! WooHoo!

Hey I noticed you are from New Bern! My husband's family is from there! We love going to visit, and my husband's aunt used to own Marina Sweets in the downtown area. Just thought I'd mention that and say hello...!!!!! Good luck this summer with your shows!

Hey I noticed you are from New Bern! My husband's family is from there! We love going to visit, and my husband's aunt used to own Marina Sweets in the downtown area. Just thought I'd mention that and say hello...!!!!! Good luck this summer with your shows!
NO WAY! Its beautiful here isnt it! Marina Sweets is one of my favorite places for lunch - I know they just got bought out and renovated but the menu is the same. I have lots of family up your way in Chesapeake - small world huh!

Good Luck to you too - let me know if you are ever coming down this way - its not that far!

How about Elegant and Easy theme? Something like looks great and is easy to make.All the trifles can fit this category. They look great and aren't too much work to make.Add drinks in the quick stir pitcher. Ann and Becky had a few easy drinks they mentioned that use the UM to slice cucumber or lemon...Coating trays are great to have around to be able to dip your glasses and add sugar to make things look "fancy"...You could also do a grill theme...

I did a Bananas Foster Stir Fry (had an electric burner) for a RV group one time. Very easy and tasty.

chefjeanine said:
I did a Bananas Foster Stir Fry (had an electric burner) for a RV group one time. Very easy and tasty.

That sounds yummy- can I have the recipe? DH LOVES bananas...

what a great opportunity! how about the greek cheese torta without toasting the bread? I made it that way once and it was actually easier to eat.

Bananas Foster Stir Fry

5 medium bananas

1 can (284mL) butterscotch ice cream topping

1 lemon teaspoon cinnamon

1 teaspoon rum extract

4 cups frozen vanilla low-fat yogurt or ice cream

1.)Slice bananas using Egg Slicer Plus. Zest whole lemon using lemon Zester/Scorer; set aside. Juice lemon with Lemon Aid to measure 1/4 cup juice.

2.) Combine butterscotch, lemon juice and cinnamon in Generation II Stir-Fry Skillet. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally; remove from heat. Stir in bananas and rum extract using Nylon Spoon.

3.) For each serving, spoon about 1/2 cup of the banana mixture over a scoop of frozen yogurt. Garnish with lemon zest.

Cook's Tip: To serve Bananas Foster Stir-Fry over toasted pound cake, preheat oven to 350°F. Using Garnisher, slice pound cake into 1/2 inch slices and place on Rectangle Stone. Sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar. Bake 12-15 minutes or until lightly golden and toasted.

Per serving: 228 calories 4 Protein 4 fat 48 carbohydrates 152 sodium

Cindycooks said:
thats a great idea - I thought about a trifle and I have 3 pages of recipes! We do it up big here on Memorial Day and the 4th. I could do red,white and blue!
There's a red white and blue trifle on CC with the new Stars and Stripes theme. And a very cool salad that's made in the trifle bowl.

Other ideas:
Cold Stone Creamery show w/Ice Cream Bar (call it an Ice Cream Social, Pampered Chef style...this have to chop up their own fillings/toppings)
Harvest Chicken Salad (or other salad favorite)
Chocolate Truffle Brownie Cups (make the cup ahead and fill at the show)
30m chicken/10m tenderloin show (if the microwave is big enough)
I love the trifle ideas too!

susanr613 said:
what a great opportunity! how about the greek cheese torta without toasting the bread? I made it that way once and it was actually easier to eat.

I use Rosemary and Olive Oil Triscuits with it - YUM!

Related to Give Me Some Ideas for Shows at a Vacation Resort

1. What type of products would be best to showcase at a vacation resort show?

At a vacation resort show, it would be beneficial to focus on products that are portable, easy to use, and have a vacation or travel theme. Some examples include our collapsible mixing bowls, travel-friendly kitchen tools, and beach-inspired serving dishes.

2. How can I incorporate the resort's location into the show?

You can incorporate the resort's location into the show by showcasing recipes that utilize local ingredients or have a regional flair. You could also highlight products that are perfect for outdoor cooking or entertaining, such as our grilling tools or outdoor serving sets.

3. Are there any specific themes or events I should consider for a resort show?

It's always a good idea to tie in a theme or event for a resort show. Some suggestions include a "beach party" theme with tropical-inspired dishes and decor, a "wine and cheese" night featuring our cheese boards and wine accessories, or a "family vacation" theme with kid-friendly recipes and products.

4. How can I make the show interactive and engaging for vacationers?

Incorporating hands-on activities and demonstrations is a great way to make the show interactive and engaging for vacationers. Consider hosting a cooking class using our products or organizing a recipe swap where guests can share their favorite vacation-inspired dishes.

5. Are there any special promotions or discounts available for resort shows?

Yes, we offer special promotions and discounts for resort shows! Contact your Pampered Chef consultant or our customer service for more information on current offers. Additionally, we can work with you to create custom bundles or packages that are tailored to the resort's location or theme.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Chozengirl
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
aPamperedBride
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Debbieskk
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies