1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Sales Gift Shop Display/Demo

1. sOhSherri

sOhSherri Member

I have a recent past host who has become a friend. :) She just called me and offered me an AWESOME opportunity! She is opening a gift shop March 1 and wanted to offer me a PC display area. She said I am welcome to display however and whatever I wanted! She also said for her Grand Opening the first weekend in March she wants me to do a in-store demo! This is so exciting to me but I am not sure about inventory, etc. for a display area or if there are any restirctions from PC about doing something like this. :confused: I may just start with some business cards and catalogs just to see how much interest I get before I commit to investing money into inventory for a display. I am :confused: not sure where to start. March is just around the corner so I feel like I need to make so sort of plan of action relatively soon. Any suggestions would be very helpful. I feel like this is a wonderful opportunity that I do not want to let pass! :D

Feb 15, 2005
  2. PamperedGinger

PamperedGinger Advanced Member

Demo in store

I don't think you can set up a permanent store display, but you could find out by calling or looking at the Consultant info.

I think it would be a terrific idea to set up in the store for the grand opening and maybe do a demo, but you can't leave it up long term. You can leave catalogs and order forms.

Hope that helps and good luck!

3. pampered1224

pampered1224 Legacy Member Silver Member

That is correct.

Ginger is correct. We are not allowed to sell as a retail operation. Meaning, no inventory, no selling of product on the spot. It would be best to check as I am not even sure about being on the property of a retail establishment. Sounds goofy I know but that is what keeps us consultants in business. NO RETAIL OUTLET. So best check with the home office but I am pretty sure you can get a go ahead on a demo and selling the idea of having a party or becoming a consultant. What harm can that do?
    And if you do get a green light, much luck and do this, use the products in your Super Starter Kit only. It gives a great representation of the types of products we offer and it is easy enough for you to carry. AND it is a great recruiting tool as well because IT IS the SUPER STARTER KIT that every new recruit gets.

Feb 22, 2005
  4. sOhSherri

sOhSherri Member

In Store Demo

I can display catalogs, business cards on a permanent basis though, right? I need to find out if I can do routine demos and market it as a "Free Cooking Class". If so, I think what I will do is not really push products to sell during the demo but let participants know that catalogs are available for their "browsing enjoyment" then have order forms available (and of coures recruiting info.). The store owner has said I can basically do whatever I want. I'm thinkning of a class maybe once per month or so. It will not cost me anymore than whatever ingredients I put into a demo. I would love more ideas, pro, cons, or whatever advice I can get. This is a new area for me.

Feb 22, 2005
Have something to add?