• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Selling Gift Certificates: P3, Money, Forms?

can't use it to help with the show. Is there a way I can still sell it to them or is it just not valid?It's not valid to sell a GC to someone who is going to be attending the show. However, if the person purchasing the GC is not going to use it for the show, it's a great gift!
KayPT
Ok, how do I sell a gift certificate? I see it is listed in P3 but am not sure if the money would add to the show now or when it is used. Also, do I need to order a form for the gift certificate? Could I just print my own? Thanks!!

It would add to the show right away. When it's used, it will NOT count toward a show OR toward your commissions. You don't need to order a form for the gift certificate, although I did order some just for convenience sake.

Thank you!!

So will Pampered Chef mail a gift certificate to the person who's address we list? I entered it but haven't closed the show yet. Thank you.

They will mail it to the recipient of the gift certificate, not the purchaser. That's why you can enter a message from the purchaser.

Got it. Thanks again!

They can not use a gift certificate to pay for merchandise ordered from your website. They can only redeem it at PamperedChef.com .. under products there is a link for Gift Certificates and that's where you redeem them.

Oh, that is good to know too. I need to explain this to them. The bummer then is if they buy more I don't get the credit for it. It makes me re-think the whole gift certificate thing. Thank you.

Actually, you could make up your own little gift certificate and make sure you specify on it that it's only redeemable through you with instructions to go to your website and enter your name as the host, select direct shipping, etc.

That way you can enter it as an individual order in P3, have it shipped to him/her, and you can deduct the $10, $20, etc. amount off what they pay. (When you enter in their CC # only put what they're supposed to pay as the $$ amount and then put a second "Consultant Gift" payment for the remaining)

You would have to make sure you have an ongoing show through your website with your name on it so you could accept the order online.

Does that all make sense? Let me know if it doesn't and I'll try to explain better.

Thanks Shelby. I like that idea. I would definitely need to give good instructions so they don't get confused though. Thank you.

No problem...I actually thought that up on the spot so I might be doing that myself! If I get around to it, I'll share the file.

PC Gift Certificates: Can be used on the current show to help the host with her guest sales, but can only be redeemed on the PC web page, not through a consultant. They don't want to pay us commission twice! LOLPersonal Gift Certificates: Can NOT be used on the current show to help the host with her guest sales. If it's an individual purchase, GREAT! It's definitely the best way to go for these!! If you sell a personal gift certificate to Customer A to give to Customer B. Customer A has to pay you cash or check (since you are not going through corporate for the payment). Then you give them the GC you made & hang on to the money!!! You will need it when the GC is redeemed. When Customer B goes to redeem it, you can put in a "cash" payment for the amount of the GC, then charge them the remaining amount. Anytime you use the "Consultant Gift" option, it puts an expense in your budget showing that you donated that money. It's a great option to keep up with how much you donate, but use it appropriately or you'll really mess up your taxes. If you sell a GC to a customer, it's not a "consultant gift" when it's redeemed. Make sense? A Consultant gift is for when you give a customer free shipping, a free spice, 10% off their order (that's not through corporate), etc.

Oh right! I forgot that Consultant gift is more or less for tax purposes only! :blushing: I haven't needed to use it yet so I forgot about that!

But yes, Sheila is right! The purchase of your own personal GC doesn't count toward the show AND you need to hold on to that money for when it is redeemed! Or at least make sure it is in your PC Debit Card account.

Great information! Thank you all for the help. And thank you Sheila for introducing me to this site, what a great resource. Thanks again!

I have a question about the GC. I have a guest that wants to purchase the GC to help the show she will be attending. They are for weddings that will be much later this summer. I have not seen a GC fro HO. Can I enter the address of the purchasers so it will ship to them or will that print on the GC and cause issues later......my show is this weekend so I would like to be knowledgable about them ahead of time. THanks!

Sue

SueAdx said:
I have a question about the GC. I have a guest that wants to purchase the GC to help the show she will be attending. They are for weddings that will be much later this summer. I have not seen a GC fro HO. Can I enter the address of the purchasers so it will ship to them or will that print on the GC and cause issues later......my show is this weekend so I would like to be knowledgable about them ahead of time. THanks!

Sue

I have this same exact question and no one answered it. I have a guest that bought a $100 gift certificate at a show last week and she does NOT want it to go to the bride. Do I put in the guest (purchasers) address but the Recipients Name? Thank you!

For the recipient's address put Recipient's name c/o the name and address the purchaser wants it sent.

Ok - not to sound dumb but I want to make sure I have this right before I tomorrow:
Recipient: Brides Name
Address 1: c/o Purchasers Name
Address 2: Purchasers Address
Zip, City, STate: Purchasers info

I've never seen one so I'm hoping only the bride's name appears on the GC.

Exactly. That way the purchaser can give it anytime, anyplace, anywhere. :)

Thank you. Hard to believe in one year I have not sold any and now in one week I sold 2. Thanks for your help!

1. How do I redeem a P3 gift certificate?

To redeem a P3 gift certificate, simply enter the certificate number and PIN at checkout. If the total purchase amount exceeds the value of the certificate, you can pay the remaining balance with another form of payment. If the purchase amount is less than the value of the certificate, the remaining balance will be saved for future use.

2. Can I use a P3 gift certificate to purchase products online?

Yes, P3 gift certificates can be used for online purchases. Simply enter the certificate number and PIN at checkout to redeem the certificate.

3. Do P3 gift certificates have an expiration date?

No, P3 gift certificates do not have an expiration date. They can be used at any time for any Pampered Chef product or service.

4. Are P3 gift certificates refundable?

No, P3 gift certificates are non-refundable. However, you can use the remaining balance on the certificate for future purchases.

5. How do I purchase a P3 gift certificate?

To purchase a P3 gift certificate, you can either buy them directly from a Pampered Chef consultant or visit our website and purchase an e-gift certificate. E-gift certificates will be emailed to the recipient and can be redeemed online or in person.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• sk8rgrrl99
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
AnaCash
  • kam
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
kam
  • lisasfuncooking