• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Getting Our Products on FoodNetwork Shows: A Challenge!

haven't seen one that looks exactly like ours. I've seen a salad chopper featured in SELFDishes magazine as a "must have". It was $25 at Williams-Sonoma. I refer to this at my shows...glad to know Emeril likes them too.
heat123
Silver Member
:eek: I just saw a silver citrus press on Emeril!:mad: :( The guest chef showed E and then he say's " I gotta get me one of those":grumpy: . How do we get our products on these Foodnetwork shows??:confused:

Heather... maybe you can mail Emeril one from you :)

No worries - just say at your shows that Emeril saw "a" citrus press on his show and insisted that he had to have one - they don't have to know it wasn't ours!! ;) Ours is, of course, much better, I'm sure!! :cool:

I saw a stainless citrus press at the Kitchen Collection store at a nearby outlet mall. It was very lightweight, and I didn't get the impression that it would squeeze the juice out of lemons and limes the way ours does.

BTW, Williams-Sonoma has a hefty citrus press in green and yellow. It has a divider plate that you can put down to press lemons or lift up to press limes. This sounds like a good idea, but it's a hassle to use. I still think our citrus press is the best. :)

ParishKitchen said:
I saw a stainless citrus press at the Kitchen Collection store at a nearby outlet mall. It was very lightweight, and I didn't get the impression that it would squeeze the juice out of lemons and limes the way ours does.

BTW, Williams-Sonoma has a hefty citrus press in green and yellow. It has a divider plate that you can put down to press lemons or lift up to press limes. This sounds like a good idea, but it's a hassle to use. I still think our citrus press is the best. :)
TIP- to keep the citrus press from staining wash any lemon or lime residue right away. I didn't do that with my first and it got really ugly, so now I use a new one that I take to my shows and wash it out right away.

I'm pretty sure Emeril has seen one!!
even my 82 year old mom in Iowa has one from Target (& of course a PC one but she has had it for years)

Does anyone know if there is a way to clean the citrus press up? My 1st one didn't get washed right away (DH uses and puts in the sink) so I have one for my kit and one for my kitchen...I'd love to clean up my kitchen one though!

Just saw a Salad Chopper featured in SELFDishes magazine as a "must have". Looked just like ours and is $25 at Williams-Sonoma. Haven't researched it yet to see what makes ours better though. Know that the guarantee is one for sure...

I also saw them today at either crate & barrel or the pottery barn.

I was in Le Gourmet Chef at an outlet mall last weekend. The salad chopper was the same as ours.....looks, color, everything! It was $25. I am sure that suppliers work with different companies and I know that not everything we sell is 'exclusive' to us.

I heard Emeril talking about a non-electric food chopper, and was talking it up quite a bit, but by the time I looked up to see what he was talking about, I barely got a glimse of it. I know it wasn't PC, but I am sure it will make people want to buy ours. I know I use mine every day.

thats it it was le gourmet chef where I saw it and it was last night when I was shopping for thaT DARN POTRACK!

The chef on Guy's Big Bites also uses a Citrus Press, very similar to ours, OFTEN. I refer to this at my shows...glad to know Emeril likes them too.

Regarding the salad chopper: I was just in a Williams Sonoma and they have the exact same salad chopper although I thought the blades looked a little different in terms of the shine. Same price. Didn't have time to look at warranty info but like someone else said, many of our items are not exclusive to the Pampered Chef. (If there is a little PC chef hat next to the item in the catalog, then it means it IS a PC exclusive...see the key to symbols at the front of the inside page of catalog).

If this comes up when an item is not exclusive to PC, I add more focus on the warranty and such. Also, in some cases, the prices of other retailers who sell the same products is HIGHER for the identical item. For example, I've seen Twix-it Clips in a kitchen tool catalog for $8.00 for the same exact number and sizes.

Even if it is a PC exclusive, that sometimes refers to the color. Kinda stinks, but that's how it goes.

I remember seeing the salad choppers for the first time years ago on QVC. They were called Toss & Chop, and were a "new invention" by Joy Manzano or someone like that. I'm sure there are many versions out there similar to PCs. But how many come with a personal consultant??? :)

Related to Getting Our Products on FoodNetwork Shows: A Challenge!

1. How can I get my Pampered Chef products featured on Food Network shows?

If you want to get your products on Food Network shows, you can start by reaching out to the network directly through their website or social media channels. You can also try connecting with the producers of specific shows or contacting the hosts directly. It's important to have a clear and compelling pitch that highlights the unique features and benefits of your products.

2. What types of products are typically featured on Food Network shows?

Food Network shows often feature products that are innovative, high-quality, and relevant to the cooking and baking industry. This can include kitchen gadgets, cookware, bakeware, and specialty foods. However, the network is always looking for new and exciting products, so don't be afraid to pitch something different!

3. Is there a cost associated with getting products on Food Network shows?

There is no set cost for featuring products on Food Network shows. However, some shows may require a fee for product placement or sponsorship opportunities. It's best to discuss any potential costs with the network or show producers during the pitching process.

4. How long does it take for a product to be featured on a Food Network show?

The timeline for getting a product featured on a Food Network show can vary. It may depend on the availability of the show's production schedule and the level of interest from the producers. It's important to be patient and persistent in your efforts to get your products on the network.

5. Can I provide samples of my products to Food Network shows for consideration?

Yes, you can provide samples of your products to Food Network shows for consideration. However, it's important to do so in a professional and respectful manner. Make sure to follow any guidelines or instructions provided by the network or show producers, and be prepared to handle any shipping or return costs associated with the samples.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
ilovpc
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
  • monicag
  • Products and Tips