• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Getting Organized for Performances: Tips for an Unscattered Show

it's a great idea to keep a cheat sheet or outline with you at all times. It's helpful to have a reminder of what you want to talk about, and it's also helpful to have a place to jot down notes about things you might forget.
2crazyboys
I have only done 4 shows but I still just feel scattered when I'm doing a show. I get distracted, can't seem to think while I'm doing something. I need a set routine.

I use index cards to guide me. Every show is different so I don't read from them, just write down topics of discussion in a decent order. Sometimes the show takes it's own turn. I tell the guests that i am using them by saying that I am Pampered not Perfect and I don't want to forget about any of our great products. I am new as well. I have done 6 shows so far. I have found that i am using them less but it is a major comfort to know they are there in case I need them.

Hi. I'm new too (7 shows). I did a tele-class & they had a suggestion that worked great for me. I put all the ingrediants in the order that i will be needing them along with the tool that is needed. that way i have everything "lined up". than i figure out a product that i can tie into suggesting hosting a show. i personally have found that while i'm demo-ing the scrappers (which women tend to love) i mention that you can get the entire collection at 1/2 price- "let me explain how, turn to the back page & let me explain the benefits from hosting a show". at the end i mention the business as an opportunity. something to the affect " i've had a lot of fun cooking up a storm with you-if you are at all interested in this; getting paid to have fun-let me know". hope that helps. i find it's getting easier & easier as i go along. hope you do too!

I have this one and it helped me TREMENDOUSLY!:D

Attachments

• Show Outline.doc
    26 KB · Views: 750
That is great! Thanks. I just feel like an idiot. I start to ramble and forget half of what I wanted to say. It all sounds good in my head before the show.

I did the same thing as Kristi when I first started, in fact I did it for about the first 2 years and you know what their are times that I still think "I should take an outline with me again." Why? Becasue even after almost 8 years I forget things! I also keep a copy of the recipe with me and I just use a clear protective sheet and then it won't get messy and you can wipe it off easy. I also keep a copy of the catalog cheat sheet with me so that I can tell customers where products are at! I gave up trying to learn the whole catalog! PC changes it around too much! I have WAAAY too many Mommy things to remember and memorizing the catalog just doesn't fit in my brain!
I would definetely make one out that is your very own, because we all do our shows at least a little bit differently! And then it's easy to look down and see what you need to do next and it'll be natural because it's your outline!
Also, one thing I did was bold a few things that I definetely didn't want to forget!
Like PC Story, fll in contact info, thank you, and even intoduce yourself!
It is easier to see and stands out at you, or you could higlight a few key things with a highlighter!:cool: :)
Good luck!;)

Last edited:
Thanks for the outline Kristi :)

I still use an outline. . .nearly six years into this business.

Just think about how you want your show to go and write down the high points.

I like to have notes on what prep I want to complete before the guests arrive. It makes the evening go much more smoothly.

Occasionally you're standing there and your train of thought runs right off the track. It's nice to glance at a note and remember where you were headed.

How do you look at the outline without interrupting your presentation? I feel like if I stop to look at something I have to stop everything I'm doing and it's obvious that I'm looking at a cheat cheat. Most of my shows have been in pretty close quarters too so everyone can see what I'm looking at.

2crazyboys said:
How do you look at the outline without interrupting your presentation? I feel like if I stop to look at something I have to stop everything I'm doing and it's obvious that I'm looking at a cheat cheat. Most of my shows have been in pretty close quarters too so everyone can see what I'm looking at.

However you do your notes, use BIG TYPE. This allows you to glance down quickly.

I've done my notes on 4x6 cards and now I have them running in a thin strip down the side of the recipe (11x3). But, I did just revise my show (using Julie W's ideas) so had two full sheets with notes. I pulled those out when I needed them and had them sitting on my table.

chefjeanine said:
However you do your notes, use BIG TYPE. This allows you to glance down quickly.

I've done my notes on 4x6 cards and now I have them running in a thin strip down the side of the recipe (11x3). But, I did just revise my show (using Julie W's ideas) so had two full sheets with notes. I pulled those out when I needed them and had them sitting on my table.
Jeanine
I was just reading your post on Show outline. Could you re-peat Julie W's ideas? (If it's not to much trouble) I a new consultant and need all the help and ideas I can get. You can e-mail me privately if you'd like.

Thank you
Linda
[email protected]

I developed this back about 6 months into my business and have used this format since. I'm attaching a new consultant recipe from last year just so you can see how it works. I found it was so easy to just print out the pages for the recipe and I have my packing list, grocery list (I cut and paste it into an e-mail to the host), pre-show notes and show notes.

Feel free to embellish the show notes--perhaps you can write what you'd like to say about each product, etc. As I got more comfortable with the products, etc., I wrote less on my outline.

Hope it helps!

Attachments

• Aloha Pizza.doc
    38 KB · Views: 398

Related to Getting Organized for Performances: Tips for an Unscattered Show

1. What are some tips for organizing my materials and equipment for a performance?

One helpful tip is to create a checklist of all the items you will need for your performance and pack them in a designated bag or container. This will ensure that you have everything you need and can easily transport it to the venue. Another tip is to label all of your equipment and materials to make it easier to find and set up during the show.

2. How can I keep track of my performance schedule and important details?

Consider using a planner or digital calendar to keep track of your performance schedule, including dates, times, and locations. You can also make notes about any specific details or requirements for each show. Additionally, creating a timeline or checklist for each performance can help you stay on track and organized.

3. What should I do to prepare for unexpected situations during a performance?

It's always a good idea to have a backup plan in case of any unexpected situations. This could include having extra supplies on hand, such as batteries or extra music sheets, or having a designated person to assist you during the performance. It's also helpful to practice troubleshooting potential issues beforehand to ensure a smooth performance.

4. How can I ensure that my performance area is organized and clutter-free?

Prior to your performance, take some time to declutter and organize your performance area. This could include tidying up any cords, placing props and equipment in designated areas, and having a designated place to put items once they have been used. Keeping your performance area clean and organized will not only make it easier for you to find what you need, but also create a more professional and polished appearance.

5. What are some tips for staying calm and focused before a performance?

One tip is to arrive at the venue early to give yourself time to set up and mentally prepare. You can also practice relaxation techniques, such as deep breathing or listening to calming music, to help reduce any pre-performance jitters. It's also important to stay hydrated and have a light snack before the show to maintain your energy and focus.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• KellerCooks
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
babywings76
  • TheFreddiesCook
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
AshleyAllison
Replies