• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Help! Looking for Show Agenda Organization Tips!

In summary, the host had a lively group of guests last night, but the show felt disorganized due to the number of people talking. The host benefits were explained, but not the business opportunity. The host gave out catalogs and talked to guests about payment options.
Chef Mary Rose
Sigh...

I try to remember to do EVERYTHING but find that if I have a "rowdie" group, it's tough to stay on track! :rolleyes:

Last night's show was a prime example. The host had 12 guests (but two left early). They were highly talkative and obviously enjoying each other's company. But the show felt so disorganized to me. Here's how I do my shows:

- Introduction & Thanking Host (give host her Thank You Gift which is a Season's Best)

- Explanation of Host & Guest Specials for the month and future months

- Explanation of Host Benefits

- Answer questions at that point if there are any

- Head to the kitchen to prepare recipe

- Include guests in preparation

- While recipe is cooking/baking, I explain the Business Opportunity. I've also started to set the timer for 2 minutes and have people ask me questions about the business. If they ask, they get an extra door prize slip.

- Eat the prepared recipe, socialize, and I head to a quiet area to do my full-service checkout.

Does anyone have a hard-copy of a checklist they keep before them to stay on track? For instance, because last night's group was so lively, I was distracted and forgot to do the door prize! And because most people were talking, I wasn't able to really explain the Business Opportunity except to a small group of people. I did ask a few but I just felt scattered!

I really want to get more organized and have a SYSTEM in place! I know the more "duplicatable" my shows are, the more attractive they will be to someone considering the business.

Any help will be much appreciated! :)

Adults are just kids that grew up. Attention span is about 10 minutes before moving on to some sort of transition. As a teacher, I see this. Continue your introduction and thanking of host. Then go to the kitchen for the recipe preparing. Explain the host benefits while you are preparing. Ask the host what she's looking forward to getting for free. How many of you would like to get free products? Use this preparation time to talk about the benefits of hosting and being a consultant. I point out the products from my starter kit that I like best, etc. Definitely include the guests in the preparation. You will find that they will stay on task more.

After food is prepared, if it is in the oven, use this time to go back to the living area, talk about the upcoming host specials, current guest specials, and take a moment to invite guests to join the pampered chef (current knife promotion). Let them know you will talk to each of them personally at the end of the show. Hand out catalogs- Walk briefly through the catalog, talk to them about payment options, and let them look through catalogs.

My shows from start to guests leaving is 1 1/2 hours. Your shows may be too long to keep their attention.

I Actually Include A Little Saying Like: Ok Ladies, If You Just Give Me Your Attention For A While I Will Make This Quick And Painless And You Girls Can Get Right Into Your Night Out -

When I Start To See Them Lose Focus, I Raise My Voice A Few Octaves And Then Come Out With Someting Funny To Say About The Product (ex. Scraper Collection: I Call These My Baywatch Babes, Silicone On The Top And Sticks On The Bottom) Focus Back On Me And My Demo!

If They Are Still Distracting And Loud, I Wrap It Up...

Thanks, Julie and Doreen. I like the idea of explaining the host benefits while we're in the kitchen. That would speed up the show a bit.Does anyone use prompt cards? I'm still trying to figure how to use the recipe cards are included in the change-over box. Are they to be used in a flip-chart?

I had a show ike this recently and the host was worse than the guests. I will only tell my guests "May I have your attention for just a second, please?" Recently I had a host say that her last consultant told guests to "shut up". Knowing this consultant, she may have said it in a joking way, but it definitaly came across all the wrong ways. This is a party first and foremost and usually I can handle the talkers, but this one party, I would lose my train of thought and I felt very ineffective.
I am going to try my first interactive show today and hope that it will hlep just a little!

I used to make up index cards for each of the recipes - sorta like the ones HO provides...but then they were getting all messy and grungy. So, then I switched to typing up a show outline for each demo I do - I have them all on my harddrive and just print up whichever one I need...so they're always clean and fresh.

Last edited:

What is the best way to organize my show agenda?

The best way to organize your show agenda is to start by creating a timeline of your show from start to finish. This will help you stay on track and ensure that you cover all important points. You can also use a template or checklist provided by Pampered Chef to help you stay organized.

How can I make sure I cover all the important points during my show?

One way to ensure you cover all the important points during your show is to create a script or outline of what you want to cover. This will help you stay on track and make sure you don't forget any important information. You can also use visual aids such as product images or videos to help you remember everything you want to share.

Is it better to have a strict schedule or allow for flexibility in my show agenda?

It's important to have a general schedule for your show, but it's also important to allow for some flexibility. This will allow you to adjust your agenda based on the needs and interests of your guests. You can also leave some time for Q&A or extra product demonstrations if needed.

What are some tips for engaging my audience during the show?

Some tips for engaging your audience during the show include asking open-ended questions, using interactive activities or games, and incorporating personal stories or testimonials. It's also important to maintain a positive and energetic attitude to keep your audience interested and engaged.

How can I make sure my show runs smoothly and efficiently?

To ensure your show runs smoothly and efficiently, it's important to have all your materials and products organized and easily accessible. Make sure you have a good understanding of the products you are demonstrating and practice your presentation beforehand. It's also helpful to have a designated helper or assistant to assist with any tasks or demonstrations during the show.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Chef Mary Rose
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • TheFreddiesCook
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
AshleyAllison
  • bakinwithbacon