• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Getting Bookings W/O Friends & Family to Start?

been trying to get my family to help me with showings and such, but they just don't get it. I know they are proud of me, so I keep telling them, but...they just don't get it. I have been doing a lot of reading on the subject, and I am trying to come up with things I can do to make my shows more successful. I am thinking about doing a booth at a local fair. That way I can meet a lot of new people. Also, I am thinking about doing a cookbook. I am thinking about having a cookbook signing at a local bookstore. I am also thinking about doing a food giveaway. I am thinking about having a contest where the
its_me_susan
I have a serious recruit, just out of college.... she lives here, her family is 3 hours away. She is 22 - most everyone she knows is young and poor. Her family is NOT being supportive at all. I've been giving her all the ideas I can. I love this ABC document. I gave her the list of 100. Does anyone have any other documents they can share?

:)

Last edited:
Was she involved in any groups on campus in college? That might be a source. What about co-workers at her new job? Does she belong to a church or anything else in your community?

If nothing else, maybe encourage her to go to Chamber after hours and other networking events to meet people. That may bring some leads. Oh, and wear a PC pin everywhere. SO many ppl I don't know talk to me when I wear mine!

lisacb77 said:
Was she involved in any groups on campus in college? That might be a source. What about co-workers at her new job? Does she belong to a church or anything else in your community?

If nothing else, maybe encourage her to go to Chamber after hours and other networking events to meet people. That may bring some leads. Oh, and wear a PC pin everywhere. SO many ppl I don't know talk to me when I wear mine!

Lisa,
What kind of pin do you have?

I've given her those suggestions... she is new at her current job and doesn't feel she knows anyone, and since she is hoping to leave that job, isn't comfortable. If I could get her a few potential bookings I know she would sign and do will (and she wants to do 3 shows aweek minimum). I just need to help her get started without friends and family...

Thanks for sharing your ideas!
Susan :)

Encourage her to wear PC logowear everywhere...and the quickest way to get some bookings from strangers is to do a booth at a fair. That's where my first long line of shows came from.

Susan, I have the logo ones (rectangle) from Nancy's. I also have a round one that says "I heart PC" that the Advanced Director in my upline gave me when I observed her show.

Oh, and if she's planning to leave the job, maybe she can announce PC when she leaves! You know how when you send an email to co-workers and contacts to let them know where you are going...she could say "I got an opportunity at X, and I will also be concentrating on growing my Pampered Chef business." I know I plan to do that if I ever leave my job! I am the same way, really don't talk about it at work b/c don't know how it would be viewed. It's not a conflict but we are having a leadership change so all is shaky right now anyway.

I was in the same boat as your potential recruit. I am 22, just moved back to MN after a decade and no outside job when I signed. I lucked out in having a few family members here to host 2 of my first shows. What I have been doing for the other ones is getting myself out there talking to people. It has been hard, but worth it to expand my customer base. I would totally suggest getting some college friends to help her start out. I went to college in TX and one of my friends down there did a catalog show for me my 2nd month, totally an easy way. I would also suggest having a catalog out in your cart while shopping... People will just sort of glance over and I use that as my launch point about PC. A PC friend of mine takes recipe cards, stamps her info on them and leaves them in the grocery store in the area that you would find one of the ingredients (i.e. crecent rolls, chocolate chips, etc...). Let her know that there are other people out there who have been where she is and have made the leap and soared. I would be glad to chat with her if she wants any additional advice... [email protected]... good luck!

Alison, where did you go to school in TX?? Just curious. P.S. You have a great web site...gave this newbie here some great ideas!

I went to TCU (Texas Christian University for all those non-Texans out there). Some of the website credit must go to a director in my upline cluster, as she taught a PC.biz workship at conference. Feel free to copy anything you want from my site!

I am in that same position! I am 22 and all my friends are poor and living with their parents. I have had success "pampering a business" and a lot of people have asked me to come back every six months with new products. Even with no demo, you can bring in a treat and some catalogs and see what happens. Be sure to call first and set up a date and time so they don't think you are trying to poison them!!

dannyzmom said:
Encourage her to wear PC logowear everywhere...and the quickest way to get some bookings from strangers is to do a booth at a fair. That's where my first long line of shows came from.

You are so right!
Thank you!

lisacb77 said:
Susan, I have the logo ones (rectangle) from Nancy's. I also have a round one that says "I heart PC" that the Advanced Director in my upline gave me when I observed her show.

Oh, and if she's planning to leave the job, maybe she can announce PC when she leaves! You know how when you send an email to co-workers and contacts to let them know where you are going...she could say "I got an opportunity at X, and I will also be concentrating on growing my Pampered Chef business." I know I plan to do that if I ever leave my job! I am the same way, really don't talk about it at work b/c don't know how it would be viewed. It's not a conflict but we are having a leadership change so all is shaky right now anyway.

Great ideas (thank you). But she is new there. Since she needs to pay rent without worry she is going to look for a job at a preschool - she wants to be an art teacher... will meet lots of people, etc.

GourmetGirl said:
I was in the same boat as your potential recruit. I am 22, just moved back to MN after a decade and no outside job when I signed. I lucked out in having a few family members here to host 2 of my first shows. What I have been doing for the other ones is getting myself out there talking to people. It has been hard, but worth it to expand my customer base. I would totally suggest getting some college friends to help her start out. I went to college in TX and one of my friends down there did a catalog show for me my 2nd month, totally an easy way. I would also suggest having a catalog out in your cart while shopping... People will just sort of glance over and I use that as my launch point about PC. A PC friend of mine takes recipe cards, stamps her info on them and leaves them in the grocery store in the area that you would find one of the ingredients (i.e. crecent rolls, chocolate chips, etc...). Let her know that there are other people out there who have been where she is and have made the leap and soared. I would be glad to chat with her if she wants any additional advice... [email protected]... good luck!

Thank you Alison! I am copying your post and hope she will write you!

gilliandanielle said:
I am in that same position! I am 22 and all my friends are poor and living with their parents. I have had success "pampering a business" and a lot of people have asked me to come back every six months with new products. Even with no demo, you can bring in a treat and some catalogs and see what happens. Be sure to call first and set up a date and time so they don't think you are trying to poison them!!

Gillian, what are you saying when you first contact them? What kinds of things are you bringing them? Have you called first, or just shown up with your treats?

Related to Getting Bookings W/O Friends & Family to Start?

1. How can I get bookings without relying on my friends and family?

One way to get bookings without relying on your friends and family is to host a cooking or product demonstration party at your own home and invite neighbors, coworkers, and acquaintances. You can also reach out to local businesses and offer to do a demonstration during their lunch break or after work hours.

2. What are some creative ways to find new customers and book parties?

Some creative ways to find new customers and book parties include hosting online events through social media platforms, collaborating with other local businesses to cross-promote each other's services, and participating in community events such as fairs or farmers markets.

3. Are there any incentives or promotions I can offer to attract new bookings?

Yes, you can offer incentives or promotions such as discounts, free products, or host credits to attract new bookings. You can also create a referral program where existing customers can earn rewards for referring their friends and family to book a party with you.

4. How can I use my existing customer base to get new bookings?

You can ask your existing customers for referrals or offer them a discount or free product for hosting a party and inviting their friends and family. You can also ask them to share your business page or event on social media to reach a wider audience.

5. What are some ways to stand out and make my party more appealing to potential customers?

Some ways to stand out and make your party more appealing include offering a unique theme or menu, providing hands-on activities or games, and offering a special discount or free gift for attendees who book a party at the event. You can also personalize the experience by asking for dietary restrictions and preferences beforehand and incorporating them into the menu.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• TheNewMrsRue
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
gailz2
  • naekelsey
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
pampered1224
Replies