• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Just Started and Getting Discouraged

In summary, the individual joined as a consultant with the understanding that they needed to have 6 shows, but it was clarified that they only needed 4 shows or $1250 in sales to qualify. The individual is feeling stressed about getting bookings and is seeking advice on how to get their business started. Suggestions include hosting a mystery host/starting my new business open house, reaching out to family and friends, and looking into fundraisers with local religious institutions. The individual is also advised to make a list of 100 people they know and to not give up on potential hosts or consultants. It is also mentioned that while the minimum requirement is 4 shows, it is recommended to aim for more. Overall,
texascookie
I just signed up and am well aware of the 6 shows I have to have. I hosted a show right before I signed up - so the majority of the people I invited just spent $, and when they filled out the cards I only received one interested person as far as hosting. Then my best friend said she would host one, she said to me that her cousin sells it, and she has never hosted a party for her, so she would feel guilty hosting one for me. Ugggh!

I'm sure I can probably get some catalog sales from family members.. other than that I feel totally stressed about getting bookings.. Uggh!

Please advise.,.. Did I do the right thing by joining?

Uhmmm...who told you you had to have 6 shows. You need 4 to qualify or $1250 in sales in a month (doesn't matter the # of shows) to qualify and get Super Starter packs. Did your recruiter not go over the information with you? Did you not announce that you were going to sign to be a consultant? When that is announced at a show, most people will help you by hosting or finding someone to cohost with.One way to get your business off an running is a mystery host/starting my new business open house. Email me if you need more info about that...gotta get dinner started. [email protected]Where in Texas are you? I grew up in Houston.

Would your best friend feel less guilty about hosting a catalog show vs. home show? Also, make sure that her family knows that she is doing it to help you out, not to hurt the cousin!

P.S. Kate- most people advise their recruits to schedule 6 shows to allow for cancellations and/or shows that don't qualify.

You might talk to the people at your first show and remind them that they don't need to spend money when they host a show. The wonderful thing about hosting a show is the freebies. So go back to them and say "I thought I saw you eyeing x, wouldn't you love to get that for free, you can do that by hosting a show that comes to x $s". Also remind them that we are getting closer to the holidays and that maybe their friends and family would be interested in buying PC products for holiday gifts.

Check with your local religious institutions to see if they would be interested in a fundraiser. You could set a table up for after services one day and as people leave they could look over things and help the church by doing some of their xmas shopping. The organization even gets money off of bookings which can be a way to get more shows.

Also as to needing the 4 shows to qualify its ok if you don't manage that all in one month. You only get the SS bonus items if you hit $1250 but you might be surprised at getting those if some of your catalog shows work out.

Start by making your "list of 100". Write down everyone you know (even if you don't know their name - eg. lady at the post office). Keep that list with you all the time and keep adding to it. Ideas on helping you think of the names are in your Welcome Book.

Read over your Welcome Book and Recipe for Success for lots of other ideas and information about the business.

Then mark who you think will do a show, who might and who won't. Then start calling. Call the ones you think WON'T first - get the "no's" out of the way and some surprise yeses!

Make sure you include all those you invited to the original party you had. I know no one who can buy everything they want at one party. You may well be surprised at who will help you! Do not ever decide for someone that they don't want to do a party or be a consultant.

Decide what you are going to do, make a plan and you will succeed!

gilliandanielle said:
P.S. Kate- most people advise their recruits to schedule 6 shows to allow for cancellations and/or shows that don't qualify.
The agreement asks for 6 dates even though "qualifying" only takes 4. PC wants you to be in the habit of booking shows. No one should ever stop at the minimum they want!

Yes it was announced that I was going to be a consultant- It was mainly neighbors and friends.. I guess no one wanted to really host a party..

I really appreciate all your advice. Thanks!!!

texascookie said:
Yes it was announced that I was going to be a consultant- It was mainly neighbors and friends.. I guess no one wanted to really host a party..

I really appreciate all your advice. Thanks!!!
"I guess no one wanted..." The best way not to succeed is to have a defeatist attitude. I know right now you are discouraged and anyone would be! If you really think you want to do this make a plan and then execute it. And do you KNOW that they don't want to or did they just not speak up? Most of my hosts do not come up to me and say "I want a show" (some do though!). Many of them even say "no" on the door prize drawing slip. But I ASK everyone at my shows - I don't look at those slips until I get home usually - BTW.

Maybe no one who was there that night want to be among your first parties. That's okay! You know a lot more people than you probably think you do.

One other thing I didn't mention before is that when you are making the calls from your list be sure to ask those who say no if you can call back another time and ASK FOR REFERRALS! Say "I understand this might not be the right time for you (or that you don't do parties...) but who do you know that does the parties? I really want to do this and I would appreciate any referral that you could give me." Offer a gift (at the close of the party) for any referral (totally your option to do that!).

Last edited:
cookie -

I just started too and have only been living in Canada a few years so I was sure that I was not going to know anyone at all. But, I kept pushing and pushing and thinking of all the different avenues. For example, I will ask my gym if I can set up a table, I will ask my La Leche if I can do a show before a meeting, I will ask members in my mommies group. But don't forget you can host! Do an open house on Dec 1 and call it the Last Minute Shopping Show and get everyone to get their Christmas presents with you. Tell them all to bring a friend and then you'll get bookings from there.

Another thing, always use this board as a place for inspiration. Everyone is very understanding and supportive.

Do not get discouraged, I was getting a bit disallusioned but then I reminded myself to always give something 6 months before writing it off as a failure!

Good luck and let us know how things are going

Misty

I was certain I was going to just barely qualify this month and I had 7 weeks that I was aiming to get those 4 shows in for. My SS1 was september and my 1st show was in the 1st week in August. I just looked over my shows that have not closed yet and I'm going over the $1250 and will be having money "banked". What a surprise this was to me. I have 2 catalog shows to close and I have less than 1/4 of the orders in for those I'm at $1250 so I know I'm going over it. I was just hoping to get 4 shows of at least $200 so you never know what can happen.

You could do an e-catalog show where you email everyone you know. USE your website (if you have one) and have them put your name in as the host. You could even do this as a mystery host show and offer "tickets" to people based on orders and bookings. Say 1 ticket for orders over $60, 2 for over $100, 1 ticket for each show they book, and 1 ticket for each person they pass along that orders from you. Then whoever has the winning ticket goes in as the host & gets the host specials, 50% off products, and the freebies. In the email play up the stoneware special for September and mention that booking shows for October let's them get one of our new forged knives at 60% off at the show.

BethCooks4U said:
Many of them even say "no" on the door prize drawing slip. But I ASK everyone at my shows - I don't look at those slips until I get home usually - BTW.

I agree with doing this....ask everyone!! I do try to look at the slips before people check out, but I try to do it privately...like in the other room. That way if it gets too crazy at check out, you've got a heads up with who you really want to be sure to talk to about hosting. I try to go into a different room to check people out and I'll say to them "I haven't really had a chance to look through all the drawing slips, so I wanted to see if you'd like to get some friends together for a fun time while you earn free and discounted products." Or something like that. I've definitely gotten people who checked "no" to go ahead and host. Also, if you build up a bit of a rapport with someone and take time to chat with people, this may change their "no" to a "yes" too.

It feels weird asking at first, but you WILL get more bookings if you start asking everyone. Don't be discouraged if they say no, they're only saying no to the opportunity to host.:D

1. How can I stay motivated when just starting out with Pampered Chef?

Starting any new venture can be challenging, but it's important to focus on your goals and stay positive. Surround yourself with supportive people, set achievable goals, and celebrate small victories along the way. Remember why you joined Pampered Chef and keep that motivation at the forefront of your mind.

2. How long does it typically take to see success with Pampered Chef?

Success with Pampered Chef depends on a variety of factors, such as your effort, dedication, and market demand. Some consultants see success quickly, while others may take longer. It's important to consistently work towards your goals and stay patient. Remember, success takes time and hard work.

3. What are some common challenges that new Pampered Chef consultants face?

Some common challenges that new consultants face include building a customer base, finding the right target market, and learning the products and sales techniques. It's important to utilize the training and resources provided by Pampered Chef and reach out to your upline for support and guidance.

4. Is it normal to feel discouraged at times when starting out with Pampered Chef?

Yes, it's completely normal to feel discouraged at times when starting out with Pampered Chef. Building a successful business takes time and effort, and setbacks are bound to happen. It's important to stay positive and remember that every challenge is an opportunity to learn and grow.

5. What are some tips for overcoming discouragement as a new Pampered Chef consultant?

First, remember why you joined Pampered Chef and the goals you want to achieve. Find a support system within the Pampered Chef community, whether it's your upline, fellow consultants, or online groups. Take breaks when needed and focus on self-care. And remember, every small success is a step towards your larger goals. Keep pushing forward and stay positive!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• MrsNetNut404
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
MrsNetNut404
  • Alicia Denman
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
texaschef1
Replies