• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

:Cry: Since I Live About a 1/2 Hour From the Majority of My Family

In summary, the lady is trying to book a catty show for her mother and she is having trouble because the Host lives 1 1/2 hours away from her. She is unsure of what to do and is hoping that this chat session will provide her with some assistance.
Tropicalburstqt2
Gold Member
:cry:

Since I live about a 1/2 hour from the majority of my family and a 1/2 from work, I decided to do a catty party for my family-- well actually my mom is hosting it since she wants one of everything-- and I'm doing a "Free Shipping" catty show for the people at work (I work for a big hospital & everyone wants to put their orders together to save on shipping, so I eliminated that all together).

Well yesterday, my mother calls me and tells me that she took her catty to bowling with her and one of the girls that is on her league wants to book a catty show!! The only problem is that she lives 1 1/2 hours away from me. I don't know what to do. I could use my mom as the "middle man" but don't want to stick that burden on her. I don't even know this lady and want to make a good 1st impression on her. I plan on calling her Saturday, but don't even know what to say. I'm gonna try calling my director for help, but so far she's left me out in the cold to fend for myself.

This lady also thinks that she'll be able to generate a few bookings from her show. I want to make this show a success and need your help.

I'm just so overwhelmed!!

Do you have a personal website? Put her catty show on there. Send her some catalogs or give them to your mom. Host coach her about how to "invite" people to use your website. Coach her on how she gets the booking benefit if people book a show off her catty show. Call her and talk to her. Use your mom to give things to her not to relay messages.

hmmm....does this help?!Here is what you COULD do:
Tell her you will do a catty show BUT:
People who pay by cheque or cash pay the Host (then she pays by CC)
Email her OOF, mail her catalogues, and get it all shipped to her..........

I don't have a PWS. I am a new, unqualified consultant and unsure what my limitations are with the PWS. I plan on calling her tomorrow. I just don't want to seem tacky by having my mother give her the cattys.

I don't think it is bad for your Mom to helpok....so just skip the whole PWS idea.

It isn't bad AT ALL for your Mom to give her catalogues. If it bothers you, just mail out a few catalogues to the Host.

p.s. my Mom helped me with getting my Host catalogues. They live in the same town - 7 hours away from me!

Well, I'm glad I'm not the only one using my mother to help deliver the catty's. LOL!!

this is my suggestion ONLYFOR SURE! It saves you on the mailing cost! I would recommend YOU to talk to your Host by phone and NOT use your Mom as the middle-man (it seems more professional .... but that is only my opinion.) Give your Host the 50 in 5 hand-out (by mail, or email)..that might help too!

I agree. I just plan on having my mom hand here the cattys. I am not sure what you mean about the 50 in 5 though??

Not sure why that would be tacky if they are going to see each other anyway and if your mom doesn't mind. Otherwise, it doesn't cost very much to package up catalogs and send them. Put as many as possible in the priority mail envelope for $4.60 or something like that. You can make copies of the outside order forms and send those too. Type up a letter with everything she needs to know: All checks made out to host, cc accepted with exact information on the card and a phone number, stoneware 20% off, tax on shipping and not on food (or whatever your state requires), need the show and money (one check from host written to you) by whatever date you want it, tell her about the January host special, let her know about the February host special so she can tell others, send her a flyer with the new heart dish (you can even copy that on the back of the outside order forms so the guests can see it).

Ok I just wanted to give you some ideas here. I am at leadership learning all kinds of ideas. I know you are new but I really wish I had thought about this more when I signed up. This woman would make a great consultant. If you are not sure how to talk to her about Pampered Chef ask your director to help you. I think it would be great if you talk to her and get to know her, She has show alot of interest just by taking the lead and having a show and saying she thinks she can book shows. That is what we do! Good luck.

Thanks so much for your help. I'm gonna try and call my director and talk to her. Hoping that I can clear up some of the questions that I have. I guess part of my overwhelmed feeling is coming from everything else going on in life...

Ahh!!!

50 in 5OH...sorry. The 50 people in 5 minutes handout. Just Search it and it will come up. Or I can email it to you (mine is re-vised). It was just an idea to get more people to order.

Ok. I'll just search it. Thanks!!

Tropicalburstqt2 said:
I don't have a PWS. I am a new, unqualified consultant and unsure what my limitations are with the PWS. I plan on calling her tomorrow. I just don't want to seem tacky by having my mother give her the cattys.

Everyone else has given really great ideas. I just wanted to say that you can sign up for a PWS now. You can't have wedding registries or take individual orders until you are qualified, but you can sign up now and put your shows on there. I highly recommend getting a PWS, it is a great business tool, especially with out of town shows. If you do a search there are some great threads on here about reasons for having one and great ways to promote it. Good luck!

I agree with britt. Just get the website. Don't bother checking the thread unless your looking for ideas of how to enhance your site. I wasn't sure about whether you needed to qualify first, that's why I didn't comment about that. I didn't think you had to be qualified to get a PWS, either. Go to CC and sign up. If it won't let you, then you'll know. Work on it tomorrow right after you call the potential catty show host. Sure, why not share your excitement about becoming a consultant and ask her if she wants to join you?

I wish I'd had the PWS for my first show!

I'm getting ready to close a catty for a host who lives "a fer piece" from me. We're going to do everything over the phone. Most of the orders she's collected paid by credit card. For those who didn't, she'll send me a check once we're all done. I'll transmit the show when I have her check in hand.Would that work for you?

They can either pay by credit card, or by checks made out to either YOU (then she can just mail them to you) or to the HOST (and she can pay by check or debit or credit card at the end)

I will attach the "catalog show planner" that I use. Not my original creation...it's one I snapped up from someone on here and changed a bit to fit my shows.

No worries...either mail her all her goodies (catties, order forms, info she needs to do the show, etc.) or give it all in an envelope and have your Mom drop it off. Then, schedule a time that she wants to close the show. I usually give catty shows about 2 weeks to gather orders and money. You can finish everything off over the phone (she can tell you the orders and you enter them into your computer while on the phone) and final payment can be via phone with CC or she can mail you check(s)

If you can't get ahold of your director, and you have any more questions...let us know!

Attachments

• Catalog show planner.doc
    48.5 KB · Views: 352
  • Catalog Show Thank You Letter.doc
    24.5 KB · Views: 404
  • Cover letter to pass around catalog at work.doc
    26 KB · Views: 410
get a website!Amy - as you know, I'm new too...but I signed up for a website before my first show. Apply for the PC debit card (you'll need it to pay for orders) and direct deposit...once the debit card application is processed, you can buy a website ($96/year). The only limitations to you and I are no individual orders (not show related) and no wedding registries. Set up the catty show on your website and then people can browse the catalog and order online. :)

I agree with what everyone has said here. You can use your mom or if you feel funny about it, just mail them to her - keep your receipt and write it off on your taxes as a business expense.

Just this week I sent a host packet with a past host (who I work with) to her sister for hosting a show. The new host doesn't have email so she sent her guest list to me through her sister as well. As long as everyone knows what is going on it isn't a big deal.

Good luck - catalog shows are GREAT - but keep in touch with the host... call her a few days after she has her stuff - see if she has any questions and how orders are coming. I keep mine open for 2 weeks and usually call after they have had time to look over the packet, then in the middle, then a day or 2 before we are to close... doesn't always work (I have one hopefully closing next week that started before THANKSGIVING!!) YIKES!

Thanks so much for everyone that has helped me out with this!!! I feel sooo much more confident and CAN'T wait to call the host!!!

Related to :Cry: Since I Live About a 1/2 Hour From the Majority of My Family

1. How do I stay connected with my family when living far away?

One great way to stay connected with your family is through video calls. Set up regular times to chat with them and catch up on each other's lives. You can also send care packages or handwritten letters to show them you're thinking of them.

2. How can I make sure I don't miss important family events?

Make a family calendar and have everyone add important events and dates. This way, you can plan ahead and make sure you don't miss any birthdays, holidays, or special occasions. You can also set reminders on your phone or computer to stay updated.

3. How can I maintain a close relationship with my family from a distance?

Stay involved in their lives by asking about their day, sharing updates about your own life, and being an active listener. You can also plan virtual family game nights or movie nights to spend quality time together.

4. How do I deal with feeling homesick?

It's normal to feel homesick when living far away from family. Make an effort to create a homey space in your own home, stay in touch with your family regularly, and find a support system in your new location. You can also plan visits or vacations to see your family in person.

5. What can I do to make the most out of my visits with family?

Plan ahead and make a list of things you want to do and places you want to visit while with your family. Make an effort to spend quality time with each family member, and don't forget to take lots of pictures to capture the memories. It's also important to be present and enjoy each moment with your loved ones.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kdangel518
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
kdangel518
  • pcchris
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
nikkijo
  • pamperedchef88