• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Get a Map. Go on a Treasure Hunt...

In summary, on Monday, July 12, attendees will have a chance to participate in a treasure hunt at the McCormick Place conference. The hunt involves visiting different booths and centers and receiving giveaways. The ultimate prize is a Whirlwind Shopping Spree. Some attendees are already planning to arrive early to increase their chances of winning, while others are more interested in exploring the Magnificent Mile. The scavenger hunt is a new addition to the conference and details are still unknown. Some attendees are excited about the opportunity, while others are not interested in the main prize.
pampered1224
Silver Member
on Monday, July 12. Receive giveaways and a chance at a Whirlwind Shopping Spree...

I assume it means of McCormick Place but what do you suppose it is?

Came in and e-mail from HO at 5 p.m. today about Tips for NC.

I figure it's (1) a way to get more people to register on Monday and (2) an attempt to get us to visit several of the booths/centers. I plan to do my best, so the rest of you can just forget about even trying. ;)

Or, we can just partner with you, Rae! I like THAT idea.I'm thinking everyone who participates and completes the hunt wins something, so I hope you all have fun. The Shopping Spree is mine, though - just remember that if they mistakenly call your name!

Well, I guess the competition has already started. :D

I'll be there SO early Monday morning that you guys are gonna eat my dust.....;)

Ginger428 said:
I'll be there SO early Monday morning that you guys are gonna eat my dust.....;)

I will just leave the spree to you guys since I will be winning the car!!!! :)

how does this treasure hunt work?

ChefMary412 said:
how does this treasure hunt work?

We don't know, they've never done one before.

I'll be in on the mad dash also. This is my first conference and I am soooo excited! I will be wearing my cs button so you will know to either join me or get left in the dust (and remember I am from KS so know dust!) LOL I'm not interested in the car- DH and I figured it and it is a pretty much no go. I do want anything else! hehehehehe

quiverfull7 said:
I will just leave the spree to you guys since I will be winning the car!!!! :)

LOL.....you are too funny!!! ;)

I planned on being there right when Merrill opens (as always) but will be taking my time on any scavenger hunt as I'm just about to hit my third trimester and don't do well in the heat (obviously since I'm from Alaska). Then once that's done I plan to take all afternoon to get down Magnificent Mile to do my shopping :) So either way, if it's a McCormick Place scavenger hunt or a Chicago scavenger hunt, I should be covered - I hope. If not, I'm not going to get too stressed about it and end up in a bad medical condition ;)

Please don't go there Aimee! All though, Chicago does have great hospitals! Nah, just don't go there!

No worries :) Just spent 10 days in MI right across the lake and had to deal with no AC in the place we stayed - thank goodness for hotels and McCormick Pl with AC! :) The one day I'll be on Magnificent Mile I will be taking my sweet time, taking breaks and stopping for food :) Of course, I promised my daughter I'd stop at the American Girl store - which is almost at the end of it...

I'm guessing that the scavenger hunt is all about getting us to go visit each of the booths they have set up. It says "Receive giveaways and a chance at the Whirlwind Shopping Spree." So, what I'm picturing is a map with places for workers at each of those booths to initial or mark in some way--charitable giving, tech, FedEx, etc. In the past they've had little trinkety things (and some kind of cool stuff) available at each of those booths. It should all be inside the nicely air-conditioned McCormick Place, Aimee, so you should be fine.I figure they'll have a drawing for the Whirlwind Shopping Spree, so go ahead and get done first, Ginger. That will put your entry at the bottom. LOL!

raebates said:
I'm guessing that the scavenger hunt is all about getting us to go visit each of the booths they have set up. It says "Receive giveaways and a chance at the Whirlwind Shopping Spree." So, what I'm picturing is a map with places for workers at each of those booths to initial or mark in some way--charitable giving, tech, FedEx, etc. In the past they've had little trinkety things (and some kind of cool stuff) available at each of those booths. It should all be inside the nicely air-conditioned McCormick Place, Aimee, so you should be fine.

I figure they'll have a drawing for the Whirlwind Shopping Spree, so go ahead and get done first, Ginger. That will put your entry at the bottom. LOL!

Hmmmmm Rae, you DO have a point there ;) To be quite honest, I think I'd be embarrassed to go in that thing....:eek:

I wouldn't be embarrassed, but I can't say that I'd shove others out of the way for the opportunity to be in there. LOL!

raebates said:
I wouldn't be embarrassed, but I can't say that I'd shove others out of the way for the opportunity to be in there. LOL!

Me neither!! :D Remember last year when they were throwing shirts from the stage, well I was really close, someone came behind me & shoved me so hard I thought I would fall down all the remaining stairs. I quietly went back to my seat.....:(

Some people are really insane.

raebates said:
Some people are really insane.

You're right!! I know I'm a little crazy, but not insane....;)

Yeah, there's a difference. :)

pampered1224 said:
on Monday, July 12. Receive giveaways and a chance at a Whirlwind Shopping Spree...

What is Whirlwind Shopping Spree????:eek:

Bill Faber said:
What is Whirlwind Shopping Spree????:eek:

You stand inside a plexi-glass (sp?) booth & pieces of paper with products on them start whirling all over & you have to catch them & put them in you apron. I think its a minute or 2. When its done you get all those products. I think they put 1 gold ticket in also & thats a full set of cookware!

Ginger428 said:
You stand inside a plexi-glass (sp?) booth & pieces of paper with products on them start whirling all over & you have to catch them & put them in you apron. I think its a minute or 2. When its done you get all those products. I think they put 1 gold ticket in also & thats a full set of cookware!

And everyone watches this?????? Sounds like another thing that would scare me SILLY LOL..... I guess I will be really immersed into an WHOLE NEW WORLD LOL. When I win a CAR AND have to do that LOL:)

Ginger428 said:
Remember last year when they were throwing shirts from the stage, well I was really close, someone came behind me & shoved me so hard I thought I would fall down all the remaining stairs.(

I think that was the stupidest thing they have ever done. It was so dangerous! There was lots of pushing and people were falling down. It brought out the worst in some people. I hope they don't do that again this year.

Bill Faber said:
And everyone watches this?????? Sounds like another thing that would scare me SILLY LOL..... I guess I will be really immersed into an WHOLE NEW WORLD LOL. When I win a CAR AND have to do that LOL:)

Well not everyone watches, there usually is other things going on, so once the winner is announced people just go somewhere else....

Do we have to bring our aprons?????

gigi425 said:
Do we have to bring our aprons?????

Oh, no! If you get the chance to go in they give you a 'special' apron! Gotta Love Conference, Wahoo! :love:

Aimee, I'll be right there with ya! No hospital for ya though! Walking the mile, good thing, even if you are pregnant! LoL...but I am the one that's going to win that new Edge!

Thanks Leslie :)
I was going to wear sundresses two out of three days since I don't have any dressy maternity capris - maybe I'll throw a spare pair of shorts in my bag in case I win the Whirlwind Spree :)

To my Roomie - Barbe!
We are so doing this Treasure Hunt. I am a fierce competitor and ready to win!!
See you on Monday:thumbup:

Last edited:
Bill Faber said:
If you win it - GO FOR IT!!! I won it last year at conference and it was a blast! (No pun intended!) It's a little nerve wracking, but it was lots of fun and I won over $2000 in merchandise! Just throw yourself into the fun of it and enjoy - good advice for ALL of conference!

I did not get this email! Now I'm going to have to try and get there earlier Monday. I was just planning on the 30 min first timer tour and possibly the meet n greet. And I made an appointment at the Genius Bar at the Apple store to get my son's iPod replaced......and that's at 2pm. Hrm.......

Deanna - what were you thinking??? Only kidding - you will be able to get it all done. Is the appointment at apple made or can you just walk in? If so maybe one of the other nights so you don't miss anything on Monday.

No. You have to make the appointment. And I'm commuting from NW Indiana, so I won't actually be in town all the time. )-: I'll keep the appointment (shouldn't take more than 10-15 minutes in the store), and head back for the CS meet n greet, probably. I'll just plan on getting there early. (-;

Related to Get a Map. Go on a Treasure Hunt...

1. What is "Get a Map. Go on a Treasure Hunt..." event on Monday, July 12?

The "Get a Map. Go on a Treasure Hunt..." event is a special promotion organized by Pampered Chef at McCormick Place on Monday, July 12. It is a fun activity where participants can follow a treasure map to find hidden prizes and receive exclusive giveaways.

2. What is the Whirlwind Shopping Spree?

The Whirlwind Shopping Spree is a grand prize that participants can win at the "Get a Map. Go on a Treasure Hunt..." event. It is a shopping spree where the winner can grab as many products as they can within a limited time period.

3. How do I participate in the "Get a Map. Go on a Treasure Hunt..." event?

To participate in the event, you can visit the Pampered Chef booth at McCormick Place on Monday, July 12. There, you can pick up a treasure map and follow the clues to find hidden prizes. You will also have a chance to win the Whirlwind Shopping Spree.

4. What time does the event start?

The "Get a Map. Go on a Treasure Hunt..." event starts at 9:00 AM on Monday, July 12 at McCormick Place. Make sure to arrive early to secure your spot and increase your chances of winning the Whirlwind Shopping Spree.

5. What are the Tips for NC mentioned in the email from HO?

The Tips for NC mentioned in the email from HO refer to helpful tips and strategies for hosting successful Pampered Chef parties in North Carolina. These tips can help consultants maximize their sales and grow their business in the state.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
sharalam
Replies
Views
jenniferp417
  • otisbg
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U