• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Garlic Recipes: Share Your Faves!

In summary, this is a great tool, but many recipes call for sliced garlic, so it's great for those recipes. This tool is also good for making garlic oil and for making cough syrup.
cookin to the top
Gold Member
This is such a great tool- but I don't know many recipes that call for sliced garlic! If you have some good ones- post them please?

you can use sliced garlic in any pasta dish you make, or it's really good on pizza too :)

We make Pasta, oil and garlic all the time. I love the slices it makes.

It's not just great for garlic. We use ours for shaving parmesean and chocolate. :)

I made green beans with garlic at Christmas. I could have really used the slicer. As others have already mentioned, just about any recipe that calls for pressed garlic can be made with sliced. It will have a milder garlic flavor.I use the slicer for fresh ginger and mushrooms, as well. The mushrooms disintegrate in soups or stews, so people who don't like the texture of mushrooms can still get the flavor.

Any recipe that calls for roasted garlic..roast your own. It's so easy with the slicer. I use ir when baking the most though with chocolate or almonds.

Also really good for slicing baby carrots into salad!!!!

The grilled chicken penne pasta uses sliced garlic! I'm slicing it with my paring knife and it's a pain!

Re: Garlic Folk RemediesTincture: To lower blood pressure, make a tincture of garlic in this manner:

Soak a half pound of peeled garlic cloves in a quart of brandy, place it in a sunny place for two weeks. Shake the bottle daily and strain the results. Take up to 25 drops of the tincture daily as needed.

I don't know if it will really lower my BP or not, but after a dose, who cares?

Cough Syrup: Pour a quart of boiling water over a pound of peeled garlic cloves and allow the mixture to steep overnight. Add honey to taste, until it takes on a syrupy consistency. Caraway seeds or fennel seed may be added to improve the taste. :yuck:

I mean, I love garlic...but...

Tea: Pour a cup of boiling water over several cloves of garlic and allow to steep for six to eight hours. This tea is (reportedly) a welcome relief for a sore throat or to relieve symptoms of flu.

Garlic Oil: Slice a clove of garlic and add a few drops of olive oil. Heat and strain. A few drops of this oil (supposedly) relieves an earache.

Garlic Juice: You can gather a half teaspoon of garlic juice by crushing a clove and diluting with water. Drink two or three times a day for...well, whatever ails you.

Thanks for the great ideas! I know you can also make garlic oil (My mom's suggestion). Pizza and pasta sound great- but I've always pressed the garlic. Does it make a difference?

I'd only press it if I wanted to get the wrinkles out.

What are some popular garlic recipes?

Some popular garlic recipes include garlic bread, garlic chicken, roasted garlic mashed potatoes, garlic shrimp, and garlic aioli.

Can I substitute minced garlic for fresh garlic cloves?

Yes, you can substitute minced garlic for fresh garlic cloves. 1 clove of garlic is equivalent to about 1 teaspoon of minced garlic.

How do I prevent garlic from burning in a recipe?

To prevent garlic from burning in a recipe, make sure to cook it over medium heat and constantly stir it. You can also add a little bit of oil or butter to the pan to help prevent burning.

Can I use roasted garlic in recipes instead of fresh garlic?

Yes, roasted garlic can be used in recipes instead of fresh garlic. Roasted garlic has a milder and sweeter flavor compared to fresh garlic, so adjust the amount used accordingly.

How can I store leftover minced garlic?

Leftover minced garlic can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 1-2 weeks. You can also freeze it in an ice cube tray for longer storage.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• The_Kitchen_Guy
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
lt1jane
  • Shawnna
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Teresa LM
Replies