• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

I Bet I Can Peel a Head of Garlic in Less Than 10 Seconds

In summary, the most efficient technique for peeling a head of garlic in less than 10 seconds is to use the "shake and peel" method. This involves placing the head of garlic in a sealed container and shaking it vigorously for about 20 seconds, which will cause the cloves to easily separate from the skin. When determining if the garlic is ready to be peeled, a good indication is when the cloves feel loose inside the head. This method can be used for any type of garlic, and no special equipment is needed. To make the process even faster, you can use a larger container and shake with more force, or use a garlic peeler tool after shaking.
The_Kitchen_Guy
Silver Member
Sounds like one of those bar bets you can't win, doesn't it?

Here's a guy who shows you how to do it:

Peel A Head of Garlic in Less Than Ten Seconds

My favorite chicken recipe, Garlic Chicken with Garlic Cream Sauce, is much more attractive now. My recipe calls for 40 cloves of garlic but I always quit at 20 because, even with my PC Garlic Peeler, I get tired of peeling!

There's even a variation of my recipe in the DCB cookbook. With this trick, I may just try making it tonight!

That's pretty awesome!! Thanks for sharing!

That is fantastic!!

Before our garlic peeler I would use our 2 bowls from the colander set and demo this at my shows
it really works!

I bet bowls from the colander set make less noise that two stainless steel ones!

Super Cool!!

WoW! How great and funny at the same time!

Wonder who he's thinking of when he's shaking the tar out of those bowls? LOL That's some good anger management therapy there ...

I don't have the garlic peeler, it just seemed cheap to me. I do have the slicer, though, and rarely need so much garlic peeled that I would have to worry about peeling it with a paring knife. But wonder if I can do this with a lid on a stainless bowl?

LOL...that's cool! I loved the look on his face as he was shaking those bowls.I'm bookmarking this website. I love those little tips, and so do my customers/friends! Big "WOW" Factor for shows, etc.

I troll sites like that to give my customers daily tips. I have a bunch of them bookmarked

What is the technique for peeling a head of garlic in less than 10 seconds?

The most efficient way to peel a head of garlic in less than 10 seconds is to use the "shake and peel" method. Simply place the head of garlic in a sealed container and shake vigorously for about 20 seconds. The cloves will easily separate from the skin, making it quick and easy to peel.

How do I know if the garlic is ready to be peeled?

A good indication that the garlic is ready to be peeled is when the cloves start to feel loose inside the head. You should be able to give the head a gentle squeeze and feel the cloves moving around. If the cloves still feel tightly packed, they may not be ready to be peeled.

Can I use this technique for any type of garlic?

Yes, the "shake and peel" method can be used for any type of garlic, including softneck and hardneck varieties. However, some types of garlic may be easier to peel than others, so you may need to adjust the shaking time accordingly.

Do I need any special equipment to peel a head of garlic in less than 10 seconds?

No, you do not need any special equipment to peel a head of garlic in less than 10 seconds. A sealed container, such as a mason jar or tupperware, is all you need to successfully use the "shake and peel" method.

Are there any tips for making the process even faster?

One tip for making the process even faster is to use a larger container and shake with more force. This will help the cloves separate from the skin more easily. Additionally, you can use a garlic peeler tool to quickly remove the skins from the cloves after shaking.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
raebates
  • finley1991
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
pamperedbecky
  • chefann
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies