• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Funeral Food

beepampered

Veteran Member
Oct 22, 2005
Want to drop off some hearty food at the house of a deceased friend. Any suggestions? I have no knowledge of when/if there are out of town guest and how many so I'm at a loss. Thanks for giving me some simple suggestions....

ChefBeckyD

Legend Member
Gold Member
Sep 20, 2005
I think soup is always a nice idea. It's easy to reheat and eat, and tastes just as good reheated - bring some muffins or rolls to go with it.

Loaded Baked Potato Chowder
White Chicken Chili
Greek Lemon Chicken Soup (in It's Good For You)

doughmama

Advanced Member
Silver Member
Aug 10, 2008
lasagna, ziti, meatballs, chicken parm also are good and freeze well.

Intrepid_Chef

Legend Member
Silver Member
Nov 6, 2007
I personally don't think soup travels well ... unless you can send it in the batter bowl, that is.

I personally am a fan of the chicken pasta with the basil and sliced garlic. Not too spicy, and it reheats well.

Jules711

Veteran Member
Silver Member
Jan 21, 2007
I speak from recent experience...homemade soup (Yes, in the batter bowl) is a great thing. We got a lot of pastas & hot dishes and such so it was nice to have something a little different. Lasagna too was super! If you DO give them something to return, be sure to put your name on it and pick it back up. As for out of town guests, we are local and there on a daily basis so it's nice to feed those that simply stop by.

You are great! Even muffins and things that are good for snacks is good.

StacieB

Veteran Member
Gold Member
Mar 18, 2007
From dealing with all of this in the past month when my father passed, I will let you know what we all received.

Chili with chips, cheese, sour cream
Chicken and Black Bean Soup
BBQ with buns, chips and grapes
Lasagna X 3
Chicken Enchiladas
French Dips, carrots, and better than cake
Cookies and other treats
Chicken Pasta
Meat and Cheese for Sandwiches
Taco Hotdish

I think that something homemade and coming from the heart is a great thing to do for those that are grieving and do not have time to think about meals.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
chefashleigh
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
ChefLissa
Replies
Views