• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Fundraiser: Split Into Two Shows or Eat Extra Postage?

Overall, it seems like there was a lack of communication and instruction regarding the special offers for fundraisers on the website. Unfortunately, this has resulted in the loss of money for the consultant, but hopefully honoring the special for the two guests will bring good karma and future returns from other guests.
Kathytnt
I have a fundraiser that get held over into the new season. I just realized that since it was orinigally dated Feb 24 that some people requested the Feb special. I can't even submit for that month anymore can I?? Problem is that other people requested items that are Spring season. I hate to split into two shows (if I could) because it is a fundraiser.

If I can submit the two orders for Feb - I would only have to eat a little extra postage not 20% on the stoneware (which I thinks is less due to small orders)

Last edited:
Yes- you only have till the end of the following month to submit something. So, a show dated for Feb must be submitted by the last date in March.

Maybe call those who got the Feb special, and ask them if they would be OK changing to the March special.

You could split it into two shows if they refuse, or (can't remember what the Feb special was...) you can pay and add the March special on for them.

Hope that all makes sense!

They didn't qualify for the March Special - They submitted orders online with the GK number for the stoneware because the show was originally dated Feb so the stoneware special was still showing on the website.

The two orders only add up to about $40 buck and I think the host has over $600 with the rest of her orders but I haven't got everything in yet.

But you are saying that I can't still submit the orders dated for Feb since it is now April. I knew that might be pushing it. Dang it - I am heading out of town in 3 hours and it's Easter tomorrow.

The customers are in FL and I am in Texas

Looks like you are going to have to delete those orders or pay the extra yourself to cover the difference in price unfortunately.

Lovely - I already don't make any money on the fundraisers and now I get to lose more money. Well I guess it is my fault even though I don't know why the Februray special is still showing on a March show for the guests to order. They placed the order on the website in late March - Why when the show is closing in late March is the stoneware special still showing on the website for people to select.

Kathytnt said:
Lovely - I already don't make any money on the fundraisers and now I get to lose more money. Well I guess it is my fault even though I don't know why the Februray special is still showing on a March show for the guests to order. They placed the order on the website in late March - Why when the show is closing in late March is the stoneware special still showing on the website for people to select.
Possibly your show was listed on your PWS as a Feb Fundraiser "closing " in march. If that is the case Feb specials would have applied for it?

I wish someone had told me this would happen - There didn't seem to be much instruction with the websites and now I am going to lose money over it. I hope it will be a lesson to others. But the closing date shows March - that is what specials should be showing in my opinion

Kathytnt said:
I wish someone had told me this would happen - There didn't seem to be much instruction with the websites and now I am going to lose money over it. I hope it will be a lesson to others. But the closing date shows March - that is what specials should be showing in my opinion

I think it is because Fundraisers are often for 4-6 weeks and the consultant needs to select for which month they want to offer the special.
Sorry about your confusion. Hopefully by you honoring the special for the two guests (KARMA) will bless you with future returns from many of your other guests as well. Good Luck.
Laurel

I hope so - It's just that the budget is really tight right now and it's a bit frustrating. I alos have one person that didn't put down what seasoning they wanted and I have not e-mail or phone number on the order phone to try to get a hold of her except though my host.

Kathytnt said:
I hope so - It's just that the budget is really tight right now and it's a bit frustrating. I alos have one person that didn't put down what seasoning they wanted and I have not e-mail or phone number on the order phone to try to get a hold of her except though my host.
I'd just choose one for her.

At this point with all of what is going on I would just pick a spice like Linda said too. I so much like a guest special that is one thing just for cases like this.

No matter what type of show it is, it has to be submitted within 30 days of the end of a selling season. So, 30 days after Feb. 28th, everything had to get in.

If you had a fundraiser starting in February and not closing until March, it would have allowed them to enter February specials...

All shows have the specials apply based on the show (or start date) not the close date.

Kathytnt said:

Didn't anyone explain to you when you signed up how a show date works? I think it's even in our manual.

You can actually still submit Feb shows. HO will honor it.

DebbieJ said:
You can actually still submit Feb shows. HO will honor it.

They don't want to advertise that, but you still can. I just had to. I had a few customers JUST realize that the tea and coffee were discontinued (despite repeated reminders by email) and I submitted a show for tea, coffee and the kids apron and cookie making set. I know I submitted it on Friday March 30th, but it didn't show up. I eventually called PC about and while on hold I noticed that in PP it didn't show as submitted. I sent it again then called the next day to make sure it would be honored. They said, "Yes it will be honored as long as they still had the product in stock. We don't like to do this. You need to try to get it in by the last day of the next month." So, that was nice that they will honor it even though it was late.

Don't fret just yet, Kathy. Call PC if you need help. It will all be okay.

Well that's nice to hear because I didn't know that!

pamperedlinda said:
I'd just choose one for her.

Just be careful doing this. Since the guest special is a food product, PC won't exchange it. My mom (recruit of mine) just had this happen. She couldn't get ahold of a guest for the special & picked the Italian. The guest decided that she wanted Dill instead. PC wouldn't do an exchange b/c it's a food product & mom ended up buying the dill & keeping the Italian for herself.

Thanks for this info, Debbie. It's nice to know HO will do this.

Kathy, you will make $$ on your fundraiser, unless you are donating all your proceeds to this cause. You make 17% (if your career sales are over $15,000). I have offered 10% of my commission to the group doing the fundraiser. (Payable out of pocket in advance...)

Good luck on getting this all resolved tomorrow!

Sallie

1. What is the benefit of splitting a fundraiser into two shows?

Splitting a fundraiser into two shows allows for a larger sales potential. By dividing the fundraiser into two separate shows, you can invite more guests and potentially increase sales for the fundraiser. Additionally, splitting the fundraiser allows for a more manageable event, making it easier to keep track of orders and collect payments.

2. How do I decide if splitting the fundraiser is the right choice?

The decision to split the fundraiser ultimately depends on your goals and resources. If you have a large number of guests and want to maximize sales, splitting into two shows may be the best option. However, if you have limited time and resources, it may be better to have one large show.

3. Can I still offer the same incentives and rewards for both shows?

Yes, you can still offer the same incentives and rewards for both shows. This can help maintain consistency and fairness for your guests. You can also create separate incentives for each show, such as offering a special gift for guests who attend both shows.

4. Is there an extra cost for splitting the fundraiser?

No, there is no extra cost for splitting the fundraiser into two shows. However, you may need to factor in additional expenses such as postage for invitations and any extra supplies needed for the second show.

5. How do I handle orders and payments for two separate shows?

You can handle orders and payments for each show separately. You can create separate order forms and collect payments at each show. Alternatively, you can have guests place orders online and designate which show they are attending. Be sure to keep track of orders and payments for each show separately for easier organization.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefjeanine
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • wcsis
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • amyscookinggear