• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Fundraiser Ideas for 22 Students?

In summary, the Chamber Choir is heading to Europe for 10 days to perform in some of the cathedrals of Europe. The trip is costing more than originally planned, and the group is looking for ways to raise money. One option is to do the show as a cooking show, donating the 15% from your commission, and then raffling off the free products to raise additional funds.
Teresa LM
Our Chamber Choir is heading to Europe for 10 days to perform in some of the cathedrals of Europe. What an exciting opportunity! But, the trip is costing more than originally planned.

I have offered a friend's daughter a fundraising opportunity with PC and now I am thinking that I should try to offer it to all the kids. Anyone have any great ideas on working with students? I am thinking that online orders would be best?

I did check with the PC cust. service and they said I could set up individual accounts online for each student and then transfer them into one show after all the orders are in. I want to kids to get their own earnings, so if someone is a slacker, they don't get the same amount of money. I did find a post someone had about adding additional incentives out of my commission, which sounded like a great idea and I did offer that to the director.

Does anyone have any ideas? Do I give them regular 2-part order forms or is there a better way, if they are going to take outside orders themselves instead of online?

I could really use some tips! Thank you!

I would give outside order forms, they're cheaper because you won't get them back even if they're not used. You'll just have to make sure the customer gets an official receipt from you.You could also consider doing the show as a cooking show, donating the 15% from your commission, and then raffling off the free products to raise additional funds for the group.

Do a raffle. Have them pick up to 10 items, most $20-50 and one or two higher cost, like the DCB and/or SSMB set. Have them get tickets printed up and sell them for $5 each. I do this and people eat it up. Plus, I never have them order until they have made the amount of money to pay for the items from the ticket sales...then the rest of the tickets they sell is pure profit. And you can enter it as a show and that can help you make two in one month if there is a great special going on. I would rather spend $5 on a raffle ticket than to have to buy something from a catalog. Raffles go great where I live.

I am not sure of the laws regarding raffles here. I think they are pretty well controlled and you have to have a license to do them. This is short notice and they have to be finished by May 25 or so, so hopefully, they can get the order, get it delivered and divide up the funds before they leave on June 10th.

Does anyone know how long it takes for the money to come after the show is closed?

No word from the director yet. Aaarrrgh! I hope he'll go for it! It will be a good cause and it doesn't hurt that it will finish up my first 90 days with a bang! ;)

Another option: Do the individual catalog shows online (make it a fully online show) and then merge all the orders into one BIG Catalog Show (Catalog, not Fundraiser). That way, you can donate a flat rate of your paycheck to the group when you are paid. You can then either opt to keep the host benefits for yourself -or- use the host benefits to buy some items that can be used in a silent auction to raise more money (now or later).As an AD, I make at least 28% (to 31% depending on what I do for the month), so I can justify offering 25% to the group. ;) But if you do it as a fully online show and give them 20% you still didn't have any out of pocket cost. You only invested time & energy AND you now have your name out there in front of a bunch of new people. So if you choose to do the flyer yourself (what they will send home with the kids), that's some pretty cheap advertising costs. ;)

I am just a new consultant. My 90 days ends at the end of this month, so I will get a little extra benefit if this turns out.

This is the offer that I gave to the director and I haven't heard back from him yet:

"I have been helping "Student's Mom" come up with ideas for "Student" to earn some
money for her trip. I brought some items over to donate to her garage
sale that she's having this weekend and I mentioned that I was looking
into how I could do a Pampered Chef fundraiser for her (I just started
selling Pampered Chef a couple months ago).

The PC requires an organization name for fundraisers, so I called the secretary in
the office and asked if I could have the check made out to: Organization Name (Student Name) and she didn't think that would be a problem. I wanted
to help Student get some money to use while in Europe and thought this
might be a good way. Is this OK to do that?

The next question is, would you have any interest in offering the
fundraiser to the other students? They would sell Pampered Chef items and
the Chamber Choir would earn 10% up to $600 sold and 15% above $600. With
the Father's Day special, it should be easy to get over $600!

I would also donate a portion of my commissions to help you out too, if
you are interested in doing this. On a group fundraiser, I will offer 5%
of my commission @$1250 in sales and another 5% (10% total) @ $2500 in
sales so that they get 25% of the product total. At $3000, I add a bonus
$25, then another $25 at $4000, etc. I also donate $10 for each booking
scheduled, when that party closes.

If this sounds like something you might want to try, let me know. I have
never done a group fundraiser but PC has great technical support. I did
just call and asked about setting up individual accounts online and that
is possible, so we can track who sold what and be sure they get their
share of the money earned. It will all come in one check at the end but
could be divided amongst the students if you would like to do it that way."

I searched past info on here and found some great flyers and ideas. I hope I didn't give the house away on the special incentives, since I am just a new consultant. The math part is the hardest for me. I try to do it in my brain but some days, my brain is on vacation!

My son is a member of the group, so it would give us a little help here too. The costs came in at a bit more than expected, so I am thinking everyone would jump at the chance to earn a bit more $$ toward the trip.

Is there a limit on how many shows you can have on your personal web site?

Not to my knowledge

Thank you Sheila. I suppose I should call and ask, just to be sure. I don't want to promise 22 separate shows and find that it can't be done. The director is balking about this idea but the parents I have talked to are all for it. The costs came in about $400 more per student than originally planned and everyone is scrambling to come up with funds.

We're on! The director wants nothing to do with the work part of it but is glad that the kids and their families have the option. The first order that came in was a $100 order. WooHoo! I still have to track down a few of the students that weren't at the rehearsal the other day and they won't have as long to sell but that's not my fault. I am going to get the info to them tomorrow.

Geez! I just gave myself a heart attack! I was going to go check to be sure I had the accounts all set up right. I typed in, www.pamperedchef.com/me and it came up "Page not found". OMG! NOOOOOO!!!

Duh! I am on hold with PC and realize, .BIZ would make a big difference! Breath.......it's OK.

It's looking like the fundraiser won't get submitted before the 1st of June, as I had planned. What happens with this then? It goes onto the June sales? It can still have the May specials though, correct?

1. What types of fundraisers are most successful for a group of 22 students?

Some of the most successful fundraisers for a group of 22 students include selling products such as cookie dough, candles, or gift cards, hosting a car wash or bake sale, or organizing a fun run or walkathon. These types of fundraisers typically have low start-up costs and high profit margins.

2. How can we involve the community in our fundraiser?

Involving the community in your fundraiser is a great way to increase participation and support. Consider reaching out to local businesses and asking for donations or sponsorships, or hosting a community event such as a silent auction or dinner fundraiser. You could also ask for volunteers to help with your fundraiser or spread the word to their networks.

3. What are some creative fundraising ideas for a group of 22 students?

Some creative fundraising ideas for a group of 22 students include hosting a themed dinner night, organizing a talent show or concert, creating a cookbook featuring recipes from students and their families, or offering a service such as a car wash or lawn mowing. You could also consider partnering with a local business to offer a percentage of sales to your fundraiser.

4. How can we make our fundraiser stand out and attract more participants?

To make your fundraiser stand out and attract more participants, consider offering unique and attractive incentives such as prizes or raffles. You could also create a social media campaign to promote your fundraiser and reach a larger audience. Additionally, involving students in the planning and promotion process can make it more appealing and engaging for their peers.

5. What are some tips for a successful fundraiser with 22 students?

To have a successful fundraiser with 22 students, it is important to have a clear and achievable goal, set a realistic timeline, and involve all students in the planning and execution process. Additionally, promoting your fundraiser through various channels, such as social media, flyers, and word of mouth, can help generate more interest and support. It is also essential to track your progress and communicate regularly with participants and supporters to keep them engaged and motivated.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
scottcooks
  • lwetch
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • pc ri lisa
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies