• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Helping a Young Teen Reach Gifted Student Camp

In summary, it is important to assess your teen's academic abilities through speaking with their teachers and counselors, taking standardized tests, or participating in gifted programs to determine if they are a good fit for a gifted student camp. Attending a gifted student camp can provide a unique learning experience, challenging activities, and the opportunity to interact with like-minded peers. You can prepare your teen for camp by encouraging them to embrace new challenges, discussing their goals and expectations, and helping them pack necessary supplies. Financial aid options are available for gifted student camps, and you can stay updated on your teen's progress through regular updates from the camp or by scheduling meetings with counselors. It is also important to encourage your teen to share their experiences and ask questions about their activities
cwinter474
Gold Member
Help

There is a young teen with disabled parents, so family income is tiny, he has a opportunity to go to gifted student camp. I would like to offer a PC fundraiser to him to help him raise the funds. Can someone give me some guidance as to doing a fundraiser for a "person" instead of a group?

Thanks

Carol

They'll either need to have a fund set up at a local bank ("the Carl Camper fund") or have the camp name as the organization, because HO won't write a FR check to an individual. If you can find a central location that's free (like a community center), you can have a show/open house to collect orders - and can publicize it to the community.

It would really be done the same way. I imagine that you would want to get people that he knows involved, maybe from school or something?

Your organization would be "John's Summer Camp" with someone as the host.

Crystal

How would PC send the check? John Smith or "John's summer camp fund"?

Ooo, let us know how it goes! I hope it raises tons of money for him to go to camp!

Related to Helping a Young Teen Reach Gifted Student Camp

1. How do I know if my teen is gifted enough to attend a gifted student camp?

At Pampered Chef, we believe that every child has their own unique talents and abilities. It's important to talk to your teen's teachers and school counselors to get a better understanding of their academic strengths and weaknesses. You can also have your child take a standardized test or participate in a gifted program to assess their academic abilities.

2. What are the benefits of attending a gifted student camp?

Gifted student camps offer a unique learning experience for teens who excel academically. These camps provide challenging and stimulating activities that cater to their interests and abilities. Additionally, they get to interact with like-minded peers and build a strong support system.

3. How can I prepare my teen for a gifted student camp?

Encourage your teen to be open-minded and embrace new challenges. It's also important to discuss their goals and expectations for the camp. You can also help them pack the necessary supplies and equipment, and remind them to have a positive attitude towards learning and making new friends.

4. Are there any financial aid options for gifted student camps?

Yes, there are various scholarship and financial aid options available for gifted student camps. You can research and apply for these opportunities through the camp's website or by contacting their admissions office.

5. How can I stay updated on my teen's progress at the gifted student camp?

Most gifted student camps provide regular updates through email or a parent portal. You can also schedule a call or meeting with the camp counselors or directors to discuss your teen's progress and any concerns you may have. Additionally, encourage your teen to share their experiences with you and ask questions about their activities and projects.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cookingwithdot
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
jessneeley
  • Lauradorable
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
kraber
  • COOKINWITHSHERRI