• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Fundraiser for Deceased Consultant's Family

I don't know when, but he will.If no one contacts HO, they are going to keep the consultant on the snail mail/email lists, which I would think would be very hard for the family to handle.
cmdtrgd
Gold Member
One of my recruit's recruits died last week. He had multiple heart attacks. He left a wife and two school-aged kids behind. He also left them in a huge debt - they will probably have to sell the house and move in with family. My recruit wants to do a fundraiser to help the family financially. She is in contact with the family's church and she wants to have flyer invitations that she can hand out to the people in her subdivision. I'm at a loss of how to promote this. Any suggestions on what to do and on flyer invitations?

Any help is appreciated.

First, they need to set up a fund at a local bank or credit union. The funds with the fundraiser need to go there, they cannot go to an individual.

As for creative marketing...can't think of that right now...I'm in serious mode...might think of something later...

This might sound weird.... but I don't think I would do a sales based fundraiser for something like this.

I know.. I'm weird. But having just lost my father, it would just not sit right with me if someone sold a product to garner a small portion. I'd personally rather all the money go to directly to the family.

I would however organize a fundraiser where donations in their entirety could be collected through a reputible resource and distribued to the family as Janet indicated.

All the proceeds will go to the family (including the commission) and donations are being accepted. She wanted to do it this way so people could have something to remember the consultant by as well as getting money to the family. I highly suggested she not get involved with getting direct donations to the family because, as bad as this may sound, the widow is not the type to work for something that she was previously given. I am not making that judgement, it has happened between the widow and my recruit before.There is already a bank account.

yummybytes said:
This might sound weird.... but I don't think I would do a sales based fundraiser for something like this.

I know.. I'm weird. But having just lost my father, it would just not sit right with me if someone sold a product to garner a small portion. I'd personally rather all the money go to directly to the family.

I would however organize a fundraiser where donations in their entirety could be collected through a reputible resource and distribued to the family as Janet indicated.

I'm thinking the same thing. Maybe she can designate her commission from shows held in a June (or some other month or just certain shows) to go to the family and promote that when she's asking for bookings. It wouldn't be a specific show just for the family. Or maybe someone could set up an auction and she can donate some PC stuff to be auctioned off.

I think that a FR show just for the family would seem uncomfortable and in the end, not alot would go to the family.

By the way, sorry to hear of the loss - here we are talking about a fundraiser but you lost a member of your team!

Does PC do anything for the family (even a card or something) if they are notified that a consultant has died? Just curious...

I don't think so. I told my director (NED) and she said not to worry about contacting HO.

cmdtrgd said:
I don't think so. I told my director (NED) and she said not to worry about contacting HO.

That's pretty sad...I hope she said not to worry about contacting HO because she would. You'd think HO would want to know if a consultant had died! :eek:

HO sends birthday cards to Directors and above, I'd sincerely hope that they'd send a sympathy card to the family if they are informed!

cmdtrgd said:

OMG!:eek: :eek: :eek: I can't believe a NED actually told you that!!!!

If no one contacts HO, they are going to keep the consultant on the snail mail/email lists, which I would think would be very hard for the family to handle. They are going to betting mail for him for years from other sources, TPC should NOT be one of them!

Regardless of what your NED said, I would contact HO right away... Can anyone really imagining Doris saying "don't worry about contacting me about a consultant passing" after the email we received about Jay's mom (it was mom, wasn't it?) passing away?????

I don't mean to sound harsh, but this consultant signed at the end of February and has not submitted a thing. He will drop off the rolls in a couple months when he goes inactive and will not be getting mail from HO. I understand that I would want someone to contact HO if I died, but I have a downline to consider as well as past customers and hosts. I see Jay's mom as a bit different than this consultant. I hope that doesn't sound bad and that it doesn't seem like I don't care about him because he didn't do anything, but I can't imagine how backed up HO would be if every kit napper and inactive consultant who died also got a condolence card.Mainly I started this thread to help out my recruit with her attempt to get people together to reminice about her recruit and to raise money for the family.

I would bet your NED has already said something and that's why you don't need to worry about it. It doesn't matter if he never did a show. He intended to (at least we should assume that he did). As far as HO sending a card is concerned, I would be surprised if they didn't. He's still active even if he didn't submit. Life (and death) happens. I would not expect them to send anything to an inactive consultant though.

I see nothing wrong with having a PC fundraiser to help the family and I would donate my commission. After all he did sign up as a consultant so he did have love of the product. I think it's very appropriate as long as his family is good with it.

I would promote it just like any other fundraiser for families in this situation. Say that all proceeds will go to the family including commission and mention that he was a consultant.

BethCooks4U said:
I see nothing wrong with having a PC fundraiser to help the family and I would donate my commission. After all he did sign up as a consultant so he did have love of the product. I think it's very appropriate as long as his family is good with it.

I do love this idea, and if I could add something: I also donate my commission. When I do a fundraiser, I also offer bonuses: $20 for bookings, $50 for recruits. I donate the money when the show is held and the recruit qualifies. Its money out of my pocket, but I can write it off and if it yields even one show or recruit, its worth it.

Related to Fundraiser for Deceased Consultant's Family

1. How can I donate to the fundraiser for the deceased consultant's family?

To donate to the fundraiser for the deceased consultant's family, you can visit the consultant's personal website and make a donation directly to their family. You can also ask your local Pampered Chef consultant for information on how to donate.

2. Will Pampered Chef be matching any donations made to the fundraiser?

At this time, Pampered Chef does not have a matching donation program for this fundraiser. However, we encourage everyone to donate what they can to support the consultant's family during this difficult time.

3. Can I still purchase products from the consultant's website to support the fundraiser?

Yes, you can still purchase products from the consultant's website and a portion of the sales will go towards the fundraiser for their family. This is a great way to support the cause while also getting some amazing Pampered Chef products.

4. How long will the fundraiser be running?

The fundraiser for the deceased consultant's family will be running for a limited time. Please check the consultant's website or contact your local Pampered Chef consultant for more information on the end date of the fundraiser.

5. Can I make a donation without purchasing any products?

Yes, you can make a donation to the fundraiser without purchasing any products. You can visit the consultant's website and make a direct donation or contact your local Pampered Chef consultant for more information on how to donate without purchasing products.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
  • mmilus
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
pcsharon1
  • Hunter Mom
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies