• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Question About a Potential Fundraiser Idea

In summary, the family is struggling to get by and needs money to help with medical bills. They are considering doing a fundraiser to help them out, but don't know how to go about it. They have been in contact with the media and may have an email address for the family. You can email them and ask if they can pass on the message to the family. They may also be able to direct you to a charity that can help.
sarahsellcm
Silver Member
Hello! I have a question about a fundraiser idea I have and need some help with this. There was a family in the area that lost their home due to a fire but worse of all had one of their children die in the fire. The mom is in the hospital because she went back into the house to get her missing child and just find out she is pregnant with another child. I want to have a fundraiser to help them raise money but I don't know who to talk to to set this up. Would it be wrong for me to do a fundraiser and then send the money to a family member? I really want to help this family out but can't figure out who to talk to but thought I could send emails to churches and local agencies in the area that I am doing this fundraiser and have them use my website to place orders. Please let me know if you have any ideas on how I should do this?

First off, you'll need to find out if there is a fund for them already set up at a bank - the "Smith Family Fire Fund" or whatever, because HO won't pay fundraisers to individuals.

If that's set up, I'd send out messages to your customer base (email if possible, as it's cheaper), as well as post some flyers at local businesses to promote it. If a small hall (VFW, K of C?) is willing to donate a room for an evening or an afternoon, you could do a demo and have products on display to help increase orders.

How did you hear about the family? Was it on the news or in the paper? If you log onto the news station or newspaper website, you can usually find an email address for the person who did the story. Email them and explain what you want to do for the family, but that you don't know how to contact them. Ask if they could possibly be kind enough to pass on the message if they still have contact with the family. I did this recently and was able to get in contact with the family of a cancer patient who has passed away. Her sister does a lot with Leukemia & Lymphoma Society and I wanted to offer to do fundraising for her.

As far as who to send the money too, once you get in contact with them, it depends on how you do the fundraiser. If you do it as an actual fundraiser through PC, you can't have the check written to a person. You can, however, have the check written to the hospital and have it go towards paying the hospital bill for the mother. I did this for a friend last year who's infant daughter needed several surgeries just days after birth. If you do it as a regular cooking show and just donate your profit, then you can write a personal check to whoever you want, and use the free product value to build up your own stock in return. I'm doing this with my son's fundraiser for the Leukemia & Lymphoma society. That way I'm able to offer a bigger amount for donation.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the family. Our hearts and prayers are with them.

If this goes through, can you approach it sort of like a wedding shower? What I mean is, you should suggest that if people want to help they purchase things for this family instead of (or as well as) for themselves. Then they will get things for their kitchen (when they have a new place to live) as well as the money raised. I'm so sorry for the family though, that must have been so horrific to lose a child, especially when she went back to try and save him/her.

Hello there! I am so sorry to hear about the family in your area who has experienced such a tragic loss. It is always heart-wrenching to hear about these kinds of situations. I commend you for wanting to help and organize a fundraiser for them.First of all, I would suggest reaching out to the family directly to see if they have any specific needs or preferences for how the money should be raised and distributed. It is important to have their input and approval before moving forward with any fundraising efforts.Additionally, you can also contact your local community center or city hall to see if they have any resources or suggestions for organizing a fundraiser. They may be able to connect you with other organizations or individuals who have experience in this area and can provide guidance.It is not wrong to do a fundraiser and send the money to a family member, as long as you have their consent and are transparent about your intentions. However, it may be beneficial to work with a non-profit organization or charity that can handle the funds and ensure they are distributed appropriately.In terms of promoting your fundraiser, reaching out to churches and local agencies is a great idea. You can also utilize social media and your personal network to spread the word. And of course, using your website to take orders is a great way to streamline the process.I hope these ideas are helpful to you. Thank you for your willingness to help this family in need. Together, we can make a difference in their lives. Best of luck with your fundraiser!

1. Can Pampered Chef products be used for a fundraiser?

Yes, Pampered Chef offers a variety of fundraising options for schools, organizations, and individuals. Our products are perfect for hosting fundraising events or selling as part of a fundraiser.

2. How much profit can we make with a Pampered Chef fundraiser?

The profit percentage for a Pampered Chef fundraiser varies depending on the type of fundraiser and the amount of sales. Generally, organizations can earn between 15-25% profit from their sales.

3. Are there any upfront costs or fees for hosting a Pampered Chef fundraiser?

No, there are no upfront costs or fees for hosting a Pampered Chef fundraiser. We provide all the necessary materials and support to make your fundraiser a success.

4. Can we customize the products for our fundraiser?

Yes, we offer customization options for certain products, such as adding a logo or message to our kitchen tools. This can be a great way to personalize your fundraiser and make it stand out.

5. How long does it take to receive the products after placing an order for a fundraiser?

The delivery time for fundraiser orders varies, but it typically takes 2-3 weeks for orders to be processed and shipped. We recommend placing orders at least 4-6 weeks in advance to ensure timely delivery.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Sheila
  • raebates
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Hillary
  • ChefJen2012
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies