• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Frustrating Search for Festive Outfits: Cocktail Party Woes!

In summary, You would tell me, right? I have been ALL OVER the place looking for something festive to wear and I haven't found a thing! I was looking for a gold top, but I gave up on that one. There just seems to be very little glittery, festive tops or outfits. Good grief!! Now, I see rows and rows of that stuff in smaller sizes but nothing like what I'm looking for in my size. And whatever they have in the "occaision" section, is hardly something I'd wear to a ****tail party. Well, I feel better now.
oh, you can bet she did! she thinks she is hot stuff. and well...others agreed. i heard guys refer to her a "biggy"

LMAO at the way this thread has progressed! (at least the part that's actually in my jeans! ha ha :rolleyes: ) I'm pretty short (5'0") and short waisted too, so low rise jeans are great for me - they actually fit me just below my waist where I like them, not hoochy-mama low though ......as has been said already....eeewwww! My girl-friend gave me a pair that she bought from Victoria Secret (I think they are the boyfriend jean) and they are so comfortable. I do have to wear a longer shirt or tuck it in as when I sit down they do tend to poke out a bit in the back.

Last edited:
AJPratt said:
WOW! My subscriptions are touch and go right now, so I had NO idea I got this kind of response.

I have looked all over: Avenue, Fashion Bus, Catherines, Marshalls, Ross, Value City, Lane Bryant. I do have to look at TJ Maxx. I just can't order online. I like things with a collar, not sleeveless or snug, or too low cut. Form fitting, maybe, nothing stretchy, or anything with more than 3% spandex because it hugs my boobs to much. I am a pain, aren't I? LOL

Pants? Forget it! I am 5'2" and wear and 18. Avenue pants fit great in petite. The rest of the fashion world to wear something proportionate to my a**, I must be 20 feet talll.

I'm with you, sister. I'm 5'1 and a size 14/16. Of course, since so many things are made to fit SKIN TIGHT, I occasionally choose an 18. To make things een more of a challenge, I'm curvy. I have found that Coldwater Creek has great things if I can find them on sale.

For me it's not so much what I'm looking for as what I don't want.

1. I don't want frumpy.
2. I don't want slutty.
3. I don't want tents.
4. I don't want wet-suit tight.
5. I don't want anything made to fall apart during the first 5 wearings or the first 2 washes.

Why has the clothing industry decided that all women are either morally questionable 14-year-olds or half-blind 80-year-olds?

And, while I'm ranting, since when do young women think a shirt that is so tight and so thin that I can tell whether they have an innie or an outie belly button is appropriate clothing to wear in public?

It's nice to know that women across the country feel the same way as I do on these issues! It's also nice to know I won't have to worry about seeing other womens "muffin tops" or cracks or thong strings when I am at National Convention!

ChefBeckyD said:
It's also nice to know I won't have to worry about seeing other womens "muffin tops" or cracks or thong strings when I am at National Convention!

Oooohhhhh, I'm not so sure about that one! There were a handful of consultants there this past year who would fit right in this category! :eek: I was almost floored at this one girly with her short short skirt slit way way way up her thigh.....I'm sure she must have flashed everyone around her when she sat down!

Last edited:
raebates said:
Why has the clothing industry decided that all women are either morally questionable 14-year-olds or half-blind 80-year-olds?

It really is true!

Another short (5'4") woman here and it's a mess out in the clothing world. I am at the wierd spot of being a 12 -14, too small for Lane B, and it seems that I am too large for other places. This sucks!!

I know.. the weight needs to come off and get back to a stable 10, but that's not going to happen today. You might check out Coldwater Creek... I noticed a cute tunic, and they had pants to go with it, that might be up your alley. Plus.. here's a code for 40% off...WJP9240. See, I told you all I was the queen of discounts, coupons, and codes. H27-156 for the tunic, h23-136 for the pants. If you order it, get on ebates and get the 4% rebates.

raebates said:
Why has the clothing industry decided that all women are either morally questionable 14-year-olds or half-blind 80-year-olds? QUOTE]

I SOOOO agree with this, being short and a size 20 makes it even harder

Hey Anne (I know you're in here somewhwre, lost amongst all of our posts...lol) Did you ever find a nice Holiday Dress to use? If not, I do have one (a nice dress) I wore to my DH USN USO Holiday Ball last year that I am MORE then willing to send to you. Let me know...:p

I'm here! I wound up wearing a top I had bought last year. I looked ok, or at least that's what my husband said. LOL

AJPratt said:
I'm here! I wound up wearing a top I had bought last year. I looked ok, or at least that's what my husband said. LOL
Good 'ol hubbys! Always there to tell us what we WANT to hear, not always what we NEED to hear!! I am sure you looked beautiful. ;)

I have to add in my 2 cents I live in a small town where there is Penny's walmart and Kmart it is hard to find the right clothes although I have to admit I have not gone into Penny's except to return a baby outfit

thechefofnorthbend said:
Good 'ol hubbys! Always there to tell us what we WANT to hear, not always what we NEED to hear!! I am sure you looked beautiful. ;)
Thanks. I was comfortable, I'm just always looking for something new. I attend a lot of events where I have to dress up.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• The_Kitchen_Guy
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • babywings76
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
jrstephens
  • candiejayne