• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Frustrating Hosts - Venting Alert

In summary, the conversation discusses the challenges of fundraising, particularly in regards to collecting orders and getting participants to put effort into the fundraiser. The speaker also shares their strategy of offering their entire commission to help with fundraising and suggests rethinking this approach to encourage more commitment from participants. They also mention revising their program to make it more successful and meaningful in memory of their mother.
Kathytnt
I just have to vent I do a ton of fundraisers around the country. I really do not see how it can be so hard to collect $150 in PC orders when you are trying to raise $4000 for an event. One chairperson collected 3 order that total less than $40. Another person is having me total her orders for her friends and have them individually send me payment. She isn't even collecting the order. How lazy is that? I am not sure if I am even going to be getting these orders. Her show is barely going to make $150 at this rate. I can't even send it in as a fundraiser plus I am having to eat the postage if they write me a check or send a money order and I have to send them in as indivdual orders.

I have other hosts that regularly do $5-700 shows no problem

I give these people all my commision (minus packet postage) to help with their fundraising

Some people just don't get it! They think just by saying that they want to do makes it happen. I just don't think that most people understand that they have to do some legwork as well.
Sorry you're having a difficult time

I try to meet with the entire group if possible.
One of my favorite lines to use with Fund raising groups is this, "Does everyone remember the Hokey Pokey? Do you remember what the last thing you put in? YOUR WHOLE SELF! I am committed to putting my whole self into YOUR fundraiser. Because I am donating my commission, I am making nothing from working with your group. So all I ask is that you also put your whole selves into this fund raiser and truly make it a huge success for your group."

pchefkristin said:

That is sooooo important! I recently chaired a fundraiser, and ended signing under the consultant because I was so impressed with how she handled our group. I can say, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that her meeting with our group was THE key to our success. Not everyone was familiar with PC or how the concept of the fundraiser worked, and by the end of brief meeting she had everyone so excited!

pchefkristin said:
One of my favorite lines to use with Fund raising groups is this, "Does everyone remember the Hokey Pokey? Do you remember what the last thing you put in? YOUR WHOLE SELF! I am committed to putting my whole self into YOUR fundraiser. Because I am donating my commission, I am making nothing from working with your group. So all I ask is that you also put your whole selves into this fund raiser and truly make it a huge success for your group."

Cute quote!!

Kathy....this might sound funny but you might want to re-think offering them your entire commission. Here's why....people tend to be more committed to something that they have made an investment in. For example: A very large church that I know of sells tickets for ladie's events (dinners, speakers, etc) for a small amount (even though they could afford to offer it free). The reasoning is if you paid $5 for a ticket you are more likely to attend than if you were handed a ticket for free.

You might want to change it to offering your commission amount on a sliding scale. If they reach X amount of sales, you will add 10% (from your commission); if they reach XX amount of sales, you will add 15%; etc.

It gives them something to reach for and work for, instead of thinking they will be handed a bonus (your commission) no matter what effort they put into it.

Just a thought......

The other problem with adding YOUR commission is that you have money out...you have catalogs and paperworks and time invested, you shouldn't give ALL your commission, and I am just learning that!

I can't meet with all of these groups - A few are here most are individuals raising money and many are in different states

I am working on revamping my program - I may lose some particiapnts but not longer losing my shirt so to speak. I am doing this in memory of my mom but sometimes it's really hard.

julesh said:
That is sooooo important! I recently chaired a fundraiser, and ended signing under the consultant because I was so impressed with how she handled our group. I can say, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that her meeting with our group was THE key to our success. Not everyone was familiar with PC or how the concept of the fundraiser worked, and by the end of brief meeting she had everyone so excited!

If you don't mind could you please tell me what she said to you guys? I have my first fundraiser coming up. I'm meeting with the group on Monday. I am nervous because I want it to be successful for them (and me). I want to look like I know what I'm doing. I have been honest with the chair. I told her I have never done a fundraiser before. I would like it to run smoothly.

They will be taking packets with them on Monday then we will have an event on Saturday April 28th (a Bingo). All orders will need to be collected and turned in on that day. Do any of you have a letter that you give to the people with the packets? I searched the files, but only saw prospecting letters.

Losing Money?
Kathytnt said:
I can't meet with all of these groups - A few are here most are individuals raising money and many are in different states

I am working on revamping my program - I may lose some particiapnts but not longer losing my shirt so to speak. I am doing this in memory of my mom but sometimes it's really hard.

That's horrible when you are being so generous and having to lose money!!
I suggest you tell this person that if she doesn't bump up her sales she is going to have to get these people to pay more for shipping on individual orders. They all can't be great hosts but you sure can tell the ones giving you problems what you expect and if they don't do that, lose that participant. It's less work for you and less money wasted. It's your business!!!! Remember that and even though this is in memory of your mother, it shouldn't be a hassle! It should be fun and profitable for the organization! You did a great job! Sorry she didn't appreciate that!!

Debbie :D

Related to Frustrating Hosts - Venting Alert

1. Why do some hosts become frustrating?

Some hosts may become frustrating due to a lack of communication, not following through with their responsibilities, or not being organized enough to host a successful party.

2. How can I deal with a frustrating host?

The best way to deal with a frustrating host is to communicate openly and clearly with them. Make sure to set expectations early on and follow up regularly to ensure everything is going according to plan.

3. What if a frustrating host cancels their party?

If a host cancels their party, it's important to remain professional and understanding. Offer to reschedule or find another host who may be interested in hosting a party.

4. How can I prevent frustration with hosts?

To prevent frustration with hosts, make sure to set clear expectations and guidelines from the beginning. Follow up regularly and offer support and guidance throughout the party planning process.

5. What if a frustrating host is also a close friend or family member?

If a frustrating host is also a close friend or family member, it's important to maintain a professional attitude and communicate openly. Try to keep personal feelings separate from the business relationship and focus on making the party a success.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Kathytnt
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Kathytnt
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Kathytnt
  • mmilus