• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Frustrated with Paying for Local News Ad?

In summary, the conversation revolved around frustrations with getting a press release for a business published in local papers. It was discovered that the papers considered it an ad and required payment for publication. There were also concerns about the wording of the press release and suggestions to inform HO about the issue.
mommyhugz1978
Gold Member
Did anyone else have to pay for an "ad" to get their local news paper to put it in????? I am so flipping frustrated right now....

I never saw mine in the paper which is the risk of a "press release"...

The paper here doesnt' deem it as a "press release" and it is an ad ... in which I need to pay for becasue it is advertising my business..

I sent it to my local paper and they didn't run it, said they 'didn't have space'....yeah sure! They had space for my neighborhood garage sale ad......

I faxed mine to several papers but it never appeared. Oh well.

New idea....I'm a member of our Chamber of Commerce, so maybe I'll start a fax campaign to them!

mommyhugz1978 said:
The paper here doesnt' deem it as a "press release" and it is an ad ... in which I need to pay for becasue it is advertising my business..

I got the same reply from our local papers - they said it is in no way a Press Release - it is clearly an ad and if I want it published, I need to pay for the space. :(

Would it do us any good to email HO and let them know that they should re-think how they word their press release for us to put in papers.. so it does not relfect an ad??

I sent mine into 10 surrounding towns local papers and none printed it! a few of them twice.
I never got any response either.:mad: .
But oh yes there was plenty of room for "single and alone?" "have messy closets ?" and
"20 LARGE COFFEE CANS- FREE " :rolleyes: what the !@@#?

(if anyone needs those coffee cans let me know I'm sure they'll go quick):D

I am just wondering what the point of the press relase was... though I think I am going to print it out and send it to my past hostess and guest (the ones that order all the time)!

I sent mine in too but i would have been REALLY surprised if they printed it because really and truly... it is an ad... whether we like that or not... maybe it would be a good idea to let HO know it needs reworking.

I have to agree with you Diane, we should let HO know that the papers insist it being an ad.. and that they need to dosome reworking on it!

Related to Frustrated with Paying for Local News Ad?

What is the benefit of paying for local news ads?

Paying for local news ads allows you to reach a targeted audience within your community and increase brand awareness. It also supports local journalism and helps to keep important information accessible to your community.

How much does it cost to advertise in local news?

The cost of advertising in local news varies depending on the publication and the type of ad you choose. It is best to contact the specific publication for pricing options.

Can I choose where my ad will be placed in the local news?

Yes, most publications offer different placement options for ads, such as front page, section-specific, or online. You can discuss placement options with the publication's advertising department.

What are the most effective types of local news ads?

The most effective types of local news ads vary depending on your target audience and goals. Some popular options include display ads, classified ads, and sponsored content. It is important to consider your target audience and the message you want to convey when choosing the type of ad.

Is it worth paying for local news ads in a digital age?

Yes, while digital advertising has become increasingly popular, local news ads still hold value for businesses. Many people still rely on traditional news sources, and local news ads can be more cost-effective than digital ads in some cases. Additionally, advertising in local news supports the community and can help build a positive brand image.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pchockeymom
  • Flyers and Letters
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • dannyzmom
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
tpchefpattie
  • Becky0216