• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Frustrated Mom and Wife's Business Struggles

In summary, Laura recommends reaching out to people who you don't know well to get started in the event business.
lsm72
Guess I'm here to vent. My business isn't moving at all. I'm so frustrated with myself and everyone around me. I've made so many phone calls; I've sent so many emails and post cards and still - NOTHING! I have three catalogue shows open - two of which have no sales thus far and one has only $122 in sales. My recruiter gave me some great advice today. She told me to branch outside of my "circle"; that friends and family will eventually get tired of me (in the beginning) which they are. So I've decided to take her advice and begin reaching out to people like my doctor, dentist, hair stylist, etc. I feel like such a loser for not doing that great in my first 60 days. But then again, I work F/T and I'm a mom and wife F/T - I shouldn't be too hard on myself.

Any words of advice for me? :confused:

I know how you feel... I'm in a similar boat. Don't kick yourself for not doing more in the begining, it will get you nowhere. Just chalk it up to a "I'll not do that again" experience.
If you can find an accountability buddy from your cluster (or this crazy site), it might help keep you reaching outside of your circle. (I was getting ready to post an "ad" for an accountability buddy in my area because I need someone to help kick me in the butt as well!)
Good luck to both of us!

Thanks for the words of advice Katie. I know a lot of us are in a slump right now and I'm trying my hardest to get out of it before the summer months. I'll keep my head up the best I can. Thank you again!

I am right there with you. I also work full time and I have no family to turn to for help. My husband only has his sister and mother for family, and we both work at the same place so our group of co-workers/friends are the same and they are all pampered cheffed out. I was fortunate enough to have been on this sight and learned about eventlister and found some very cheap fairs in my area (cheap being $30/$35) and each has gotten me one booking as well as the last one I went to got me two wedding registries :) Good luck on reaching out. I know it's not easy but am sure you can do it :)

The next time you have a party with a friend/family, tell them:
"The best thing you can do to help me, is hold your original date and invite people that I don't know". Works for my new consultants every time. Hope this helps. :)

That is a great thing to say... I hate people who say they are doing a show to help me, but then only 3 people come and they don't work for outside orders or inviting more people! Thanks Laura!

hi ladies
im sure you have them in the US but the Curves gyms up here in canada, when they are opening up in a new area put lead bags out in the area business'. they offer something as a gift to get people to fill out ballots and go back in a few days to collect. we had one lady on out team, when i did home interiors, do this and she got 12 parties booked and 5 recruits. my 90 days is over and i'm getting alot of call me in the fall so i think i may have to try this myself
good luck

Hey Ladies!

Thank you again - all of you - for your advice. I'm feeling better about the business and will keep plugging away. I know a lot of us are in a slump right; just gotta keep our heads up as best we can. Now, of course, we'll see how I feel after my HWC fundraiser closes this month....LOL.

Bye for now!

What is the best way to balance running a business while being a mom and wife?

One of the best ways to balance your business and family life is by setting a schedule and sticking to it. This will help you prioritize your tasks and make sure you have time for both your business and your family. It's also important to delegate tasks and ask for help when needed.

How can I manage the stress and overwhelm of running a business and taking care of my family?

It's important to take breaks and practice self-care to avoid burnout. This can include taking a walk, meditating, or spending time doing activities you enjoy. It's also helpful to set realistic expectations for yourself and your business, and don't be afraid to ask for support from friends, family, or a business coach.

What are some effective ways to market my business while still being present for my family?

Social media can be a great tool for marketing your business while still being present for your family. You can schedule posts in advance or use an app to help manage your social media presence. Collaborating with other businesses or hosting a launch party or pop-up event can also be effective ways to market your business without taking up too much time.

How can I stay organized and on top of my business tasks while also managing my household?

Utilizing a planner or scheduling app can help you stay organized and on top of your business tasks. It's also helpful to set aside specific times for household tasks and stick to a routine. Prioritizing and delegating tasks can also help you manage both your business and household responsibilities.

What are some ways to involve my family in my business and make it a family affair?

You can involve your family in your business by asking for their help with tasks such as packaging products or creating content for social media. You can also have them join you at events or involve them in the decision-making process. This can help them feel included and invested in your business.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• MaggieChef13
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
MaggieChef13
  • MrsNetNut404
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
MrsNetNut404
  • pampermejolene