• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can I Balance Being a Mom and PC Consultant? Advice from a Working Mom

In summary, Jessica is a woman who works full time and wants to build her PC business to full time before she has kids. She lives in a small town and says this has been a big hurdle for her business, but she is looking into going to other towns to do shows. She thinks it's a great idea to start your own business and is glad she found this website
Jessamary
Hi All. First, an introduction. My name is Jessica and I found your web site this morning. How cool! I've been with PC for almost 2 years, went inactive for about 6 months, and now, I'm back to being active. I'm going to conference later this week, too.

I have three kids - little kids - and I work full-time. I want to be just a mom and PC consultant, but I don't know if I can do it. It seems like everytime we get to a place where we're financially okay, something else happens. We're doing okay now, and have talked about me quitting my job (I sell furniture, but have a college degree, too). My husband is scared that if I do, something will happen that we would have needed the extra income for. Does that make sense?

I live in a small town, which I think hinders me, but I have no problem going to other towns.

Have you made PC your full-time job? I need some pointers on how to do this. I guess I'm just a nervous nelly.

The owner's dad of the furniture store I work in says buying a car is the best way to ensure you'll do well in sales... you'll always be looking to make the car payment. Is this a dangerous way of thinking, especially when my family is concerned?

Any advise/kick in the pants/boosts of confidence are welcome!

HI Jessa

Welcome you will love this site. I work full time too and also would love to make this my full time job. I think it's such a great company with a lot to offer. With sales it is always risky ( I do sales in my full time job now) however the key is consistency and keeping to a schedule. On CC you can input your monthly income goal and it will tell you what you need to do to get there, then you need a plan of action. What activities will you be doing daily to generate that income, how will you compensate for rescheduled shows etc.

I'm sure others who have more experience than I do will give you plenty of advice. This site is awesome.

Jessica, I have 3 little kids too!, 4,3, and 20 months. Yes you can do this!!! I agree with your boss that having the "pressure" pay a bill is the way to success. I have been steadily building my business to full time pay. I make more now than I ever could working full time and putting 3 kids in daycare. You can do this! Just set smaller goals and when you reach them keep going. In the last year I have gone from booking 4-6 shows a month to 8-15 a month. Just don't give up.
The great thing about PC is you can alway do another show if something comes up and I really know what you mean about something always coming up right when you get your finances where you want them. Now when that something comes up I just think OK that is X number more shows next month.
If you want to email me personally you are welcome to, also another great way to earn full time pay is become a director. Just a thought.

First of welcome! You will find alot of information on this site.

I also have three children (8, 4 & 2) and work FT. My goal is to quit my FT job before my youngest starts school. I can adjust my schedule as I need fit around my life, rather than fitting my life around my job. My schedule is very busy and hectic, so if I can do it, you can do it!

I understand about the car analogy. I purchased my car almost two years ago and they only way I could do it was to be able to make my car payment with PC money. So far so good.

You may want to do a search on PC Full-Time, because this exact question has been discussed in great length on here just recently.

Good luck!

Hi Jess,

I just wanted to let you know that I've been playing around with the same thoughts as you. I got married in June '07 and started PC in Sept '07 and I am trying to build my PC business to full time before I have kids (which I hope will be soon...ish - haha, DH and I aren't quite on the same page with this one) so that I can stay home with my kids and still provide an income to the family...and get out of the house!

I also live in a small town which I know has been a big hurdle for my business that I am still trying to get over but I set small goals and work towards them and keep setting more goals until (hopefully) I will reach the income that I want to earn. I started by increasing my monthly sales total, then by increasing the # of bookings per month, and now I am working on increasing my show average. I am also shooting for directorship although that one isn't going quite so well. Every time I focus on one of my goals, it helps my other goals as well so in a way I am kind of working on all of them at the same time.

Let me know how things go for you and what is working and what isn't and I'll do the same.

Good luck!

Jessamary said:
Hi All. First, an introduction. My name is Jessica and I found your web site this morning. How cool! I've been with PC for almost 2 years, went inactive for about 6 months, and now, I'm back to being active. I'm going to conference later this week, too.

I have three kids - little kids - and I work full-time. I want to be just a mom and PC consultant, but I don't know if I can do it. It seems like everytime we get to a place where we're financially okay, something else happens. We're doing okay now, and have talked about me quitting my job (I sell furniture, but have a college degree, too). My husband is scared that if I do, something will happen that we would have needed the extra income for. Does that make sense?
I live in a small town, which I think hinders me, but I have no problem going to other towns.

Have you made PC your full-time job? I need some pointers on how to do this. I guess I'm just a nervous nelly.

The owner's dad of the furniture store I work in says buying a car is the best way to ensure you'll do well in sales... you'll always be looking to make the car payment. Is this a dangerous way of thinking, especially when my family is concerned?

Any advise/kick in the pants/boosts of confidence are welcome!

It makes lots of sense. However, if you are working PC full-time that is 2-3 shows a week (or promoting to director and being consistent with 2 shows a week) and something comes up you can add more shows to your schedule.

I cannot relate to working full-time and wanting to transition to being at home. I'm a SAHM of 4 between 11 and 2 yo. I have gone from hobbyist to part-time to now working full-time as a Director. The main thing is to work it as a business.

Look at the cost of working (child care, clothing, gas, etc). Subtract those expenses from your current income.

Look for ways to cut expenses -- $22/month cable (you have to really ask -- they act like it doesn't exist).

I have three kids and quit working 3 years ago. I have not replaced my income -- but Child care would be about $2000, I was a manager so clothing was expensive. We reduced our eating out, take shorter-closer to home vacations, buy less clothing etc.

It will take effort and the support of your husband, but you can do it!

1. Can I Really Do It?

Yes, absolutely! Pampered Chef provides all the necessary tools, training, and support to help you succeed in your business. Our consultants come from all walks of life and have varying levels of experience, so no matter what your background is, you can definitely do it.

2. Do I Need to Have Experience in Cooking or Sales?

No, you do not need any prior experience in cooking or sales. Our training program will teach you everything you need to know about our products and how to sell them. Plus, our products practically sell themselves with their high quality and unique features.

3. How Much Time Do I Need to Invest?

The amount of time you invest in your Pampered Chef business is completely up to you. You can choose to work full-time or part-time, and you can also set your own schedule. Many of our consultants find success by dedicating just a few hours a week to their business.

4. Are There Any Start-Up Costs?

Yes, there is a small start-up cost to become a Pampered Chef consultant. This includes your starter kit, which is filled with essential products and business materials to help you get started. However, this cost is minimal compared to the potential earnings and benefits of running your own business.

5. What Support and Resources Are Available?

Pampered Chef offers comprehensive support and resources to help you build and grow your business. This includes training programs, online tools and resources, a supportive community of consultants, and ongoing coaching and mentoring from our experienced leaders. We are dedicated to your success and will be with you every step of the way.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefAprilFrench
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • teresah551393
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
jeninthekitchen5
  • Christina Wood