• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

FRG Fundraiser Ideas and Tips: How to Engage a Military Unit of 150+ Members

In summary, Heather's husband's unit wants to do a Fundraiser with her, but she is not sure if it is allowed. She has plans tomorrow night and wants to know if anyone has any suggestions on how to run an FRG Fundraiser.
smilesarepriceless
Gold Member
Today, on a totally different subject I had a meeting with the FRG leaders of my husband's unit. By the end of the meeting, they wanted to do a Fundraiser with me for the unit....( of course i had my pampered chef stuff with me and sticking out of my bag..)

Tomorrow night the key leaders will vote, on whether to do it, or not...( i would normally be there, but I already have plans tomorrow)..so they want me to email them some word documents kind of showing them a visual of how we'd do it...

Then of course the unit supervisors will give approval..

But does anyone here have a suggestion on how they ran an FRG Fundraiser..

i suppose in my mind it is different than a typcial fundraisre, b/c it is a huge group ( 150+ people..many of which are men)...and trying to get them excited...about doing this.

I also wasn't sure if i should do the cookbook angle, or just keep it wide open..

ANY documents you may have to share, i would love to see

What is FRG?

Family Readiness Group..

heather ... right now i am doing a cookbook fundraiser with my frg. i have to admit two things though .. i've never done a fundraiser before and my frg leader is so busy with so many different things that i doubt this will be a hit. all she wanted to do was send out an email ...

i would HIGHLY suggest doing a cooking show kickoff .. hopefully alot of people from the frg will be there. (our frg meetings only have about 10 women go to them when its not mandatory for the soldiers) .. i would also suggest you have them print off the forms (i just used the ones found on the cookbook fundraiser forum) and give them to each person, then you can email them or snail mail them to people that didnt come.

oh and if you are doing the cookbook one ... just have your website listed for if they want to purchase more, that way you dont have to have catalogs for everyone.

i think the most important thing is to get yoru frg leaders EXICTED about it so they will make a great effort at getting the sales. unfortunately i dont think my frg leader will do anything but email the list with the forms .. i wrote the letter, i sent the attachments. all she did was forward it on .. she didnt even make it appear like it was cool or anything .. so good luck! hopefully you will do better than i probably will!

Hey Heather- Unfortunately, a PC fundraiser is way against the FRG/MWR policies. Im sure once your BN Commander gets this for approval, you will hear that. Technically, an FRG can only raise funds that are DONATED to them. IE- Bake Sales, Car Washes, Gift Wrap Booths... And the fact that there is a third party profiting from it is a big no no (either you yourself, or PC). I asked this question about 4 months ago- and they reviewed in with JAG here, who said absolutely no way. You may want to have your FRG key leaders review the policies and procedures for fundraising.Laurie, Im curious how you got yours off the ground and running?I myself am an FRG key leader spouse- and our FRG weighs very heavily on these kind of decisions, because if Garrison Command gets word that you are doing something that is against policy... well, it is the army.Heather- if you want more info on the policies- I can pass the reg's on to you. Email me if you are interested.An idea we threw around was a PC bake sale... All recipes being from the PC dessert cookbook. Then if someone asks you about a recipe- you can mention PC, and get a potential customer... FRGs have to all be about donations though, so thats the only way I can think it would work to incorporate PC.

Wish they actually had an FRG in ANY of the places we have been stationed. It's been purely hard since marrying my husband and immediately (me having no military background whatso ever) sent overseas for four years, to end up here two years ago where there is none either. I know its off the topic, but I just want to say way to go for having one and being involved!!

thats so wierd kimberly, no frg in texas?? even over seas .. thats where you need them the most since there is no other family there to help support you.

jtnt ... wow thats nuts! i had no idea. my frg leader is actually the capt. wife too so she or he should at least know that! anyways, during the last deployment they did a pc fundraiser and i knew about that. so when i asked the current frg leader if she wante dto do it, she said she would check on it, and i told her that we did one before ... so she said okay. shes the type of person that will just play dumb though if asked a bout it. she does that alot! if you dont mind, could i get a copy of those policies?

i really like your idea of the bake sale using all pc recipes .. thats realy cool!

Related to FRG Fundraiser Ideas and Tips: How to Engage a Military Unit of 150+ Members

What is a Military FRG fundraiser?

A Military FRG fundraiser is a fundraising event organized by the Family Readiness Group (FRG) of a military unit. The FRG is a support network for military families, and they often hold fundraisers to raise money for various activities and events that benefit the military community.

How does the Pampered Chef fundraiser work for Military FRG?

The Pampered Chef fundraiser works by allowing the FRG to sell Pampered Chef products to their members and supporters. A portion of the sales will be donated to the FRG, which they can use towards their programs and events. Pampered Chef also offers special incentives and rewards for successful fundraisers.

Do we have to pay upfront for the Pampered Chef products?

No, there is no upfront cost for the Pampered Chef products. The FRG will receive a personalized online fundraising link, and all orders will be placed through that link. Once the fundraiser is over, the products will be shipped directly to the buyers, and the FRG will receive their portion of the sales.

Can we customize our Pampered Chef fundraiser for our specific military unit?

Yes, Pampered Chef offers the option to customize your fundraiser to fit your specific military unit. This can include adding your unit's logo to promotional materials or choosing products that are popular among your unit's members. You can work with a Pampered Chef consultant to create a personalized fundraiser that works best for your FRG.

How long does a Pampered Chef fundraiser typically last?

The length of a Pampered Chef fundraiser can vary depending on the needs and preferences of the FRG. Typically, fundraisers last 2-3 weeks, but they can be extended if needed. It is recommended to set a specific end date for the fundraiser to create a sense of urgency for buyers.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebbieSM
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
ChefDebB
Replies
Views
Roadtripray
Replies
Views
katem51