• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Free T-Shirt at Bloomingdales in Nyc B&M - Until Feb. 21St - Ymmv

A
Admin Greg
Rating: -2 Posted By: dkong
Views: 223 Replies: 0 This is probably at the Manhattan store only (59th St., between 3rd & Lex.), at their new Mens dep't called No. 59 Metro. There's a sign saying they're giving out free "Jumper" T-shirts (from the new movie).
But when I asked for one yesterday, the lady said they're out and offered me a No. 59 Metro T-shirt instead. So YMMV.More Online Coupons from Fatwallet.com.
Get the coupon/deal here...

integrity and being up-frontAfter really looking into sendoutcards.com, it turns out that it is an independent distributor type business. There are several types of distributorship, but even the basic 'I just want cards for my own use' requires you to join under someone. Electing one of the actual distributor options results in bonuses to the distributor you sign under...as in $120 after your training. There are additional bonues as well. Regardless of the options chosen, the person you sign under benefits monetarily.

This is fine, but I'm a little taken aback that this detail wasn't clarified up-front in the recent discussion on CS. I'm also not interested in this thread becoming a 'character' debate*. I just wanted to share what I learned and confess to being confused as to how recommending people to check out a site/account that is actually owned by the person recommending it is a selfless act. (Not making an accusation; just verbalizing an observation.)

*I really do discourage this becoming a character debate or a thread that has folks 'taking sides'. Although Director ChefSuccess is intended for current and non-terminated directors only, I don't assume those are the only ones here. (If a terminated director can still access Consultant's Corner (as acknowledged in a recent CS posting), it wouldn't be much of a leap to come here as well.) Besides, I'm disappointed by the way some recent posting on CS are generating derision and taking away from the theme of support there. I'd hate to contribute to that happening here.

Wow. I don't know what else to say, otherwise this will turn into a character debate.Thanks for your detective work, Kris.

I'm not sure what to say either. I'm quite surprised to hear how that business is set up and that the person you sign under benefits monetarily....to me it's a red flag regarding what has been said on CS. A big red flag that is leaving me with a bad taste in mouth that it's a very sly thing going on over there. I know what my gut instinct is on it. Maybe that's all I should say.:confused::confused:

Indeed, wow! I am totally taken aback to learn this. Even though I read the other post, I did not feel 100% comfortable with it. I just don't want to get caught up in that mess again. I am very surprised this is what it is all about.

Thanks for the information!
Lisa

DebbieJ said:
Thanks for your detective work, Kris.

All I did was follow the link provided in the post and read through how it all worked. (I was interested in seeing if it was something I wanted to use for my own business.)

OMG! I'll just leave it at that. :eek:

:eek:Wow...:eek:

this is why I have only been looking at the "missing" thread and leaving as soon as I am done! There is NOTHING on CS that is good for my mental state!

Well... you've all been very diplomatic and I'm going to say something.I have a HUGE problem with LW's postings because recently, they have all been either something that self-promotes her and her businesses or something that slams PC. It infuriates me. Right on the homepage of CS it says:Chefsuccess.com a Community for Pampered Chef ConsultantsSo why is a consultant who has been TERMINATED by PC allowed to be on there to "contribute?" It's really too bad because she's majorly doing a disservice and swaying newer consultants not in a good way.Okay... I'm done. Ready Chris' post above about the sendoutcards biz just is the final straw for me...

The problem is that those that love her won't even see that she gets paid for the referral. She's just being nice. No self promoting there. Those that would call her on it won't because they don't want to get things started again. The administrators are trying to be diplomatic and stay out of it. So it makes me the witch (I will not open that thread either but am tempted to say something about this information if it is opened - especially if there are more attacks).

Sorry, but I am licking my wounds. She complained on that thread about others being able to self promote and that's all she was doing. I called her on it and I'm the bad guy. lol

I have removed my sig line, avatar, etc. over there. I know it won't make a difference to anyone but it's a statement I am subtly making.

bethcooks4u said:
The problem is that those that love her won't even see that she gets paid for the referral. She's just being nice. No self promoting there. Those that would call her on it won't because they don't want to get things started again. The administrators are trying to be diplomatic and stay out of it. So it makes me the witch (I will not open that thread either but am tempted to say something about this information if it is opened - especially if there are more attacks).

Sorry, but I am licking my wounds. She complained on that thread about others being able to self promote and that's all she was doing. I called her on it and I'm the bad guy. lol

I have removed my sig line, avatar, etc. over there. I know it won't make a difference to anyone but it's a statement I am subtly making.

You are SO not "the witch" -- let the ignorant people fall for her manipulation...sooner or later they'll see the real her. Then they'll feel awful for the way they treated you. YOU have integrity and morals. Kudos to you....and BIG hugs because I know it doesn't always feel so great to be the one standing up for what is right.

I went looking through the send out cards site and I just got so mad. It was really bothering me late last night and this morning. Of course we as Directors cannot use the service since we would have to sign up as Distributors. It was very dishonest of her to make it look like something great for everyone, when in fact it is a network marketing company. It is not even listed with the DSA.

UGH!!!

I am going to go to Chef Success and make a recommendation that Consultants go to Michael's to purchaes cards. You can get a pack of 10 blank cards or thank you cards for $1.00. At only $.10 a card, with a $.42 stamp, you can send a real handwritten card for $.52. That is a real bargain!

Beth, you know how I feel about it all. Sorry you got slammed. Many people on Chef Success have no idea how she broke her contract with Pampered Chef and that is why she was asked to leave. Of course, when that was posted on Chef Success, the entire post was finally deleted.

Keep true to yourself and don't let it bother you.

Lisa

I buy my cards at Michael's too, Lisa!

OK, I've been wanting to think things were not as they appeared. I replied to her and got the info. Here is what she said:

They do have a business opportunity for you over there, that may be a good source of income for you. I signed up as an “entrepreneur” with them after trying it for a while, but I’m not taking my focus off PQ… it’s just a way to be able to “refer” people and get a little kickback every once in a while… but I know people who are making SERIOUS income with this thing without doing any home parties at all. Pretty nifty! 

And here was my reply: Thanks! But, oh hell no, I’m not interested in the business opportunity. LOL! Come on now, I AM a Director. 

There were smiley faces at the end of each. I just could NOT believe she even suggested the business opportunity! I mean, HELLO, I'm not new to CS! Just because I haven't SAID anything, she really should not assume that eludes to approval of her actions! WOW!

And I know, I REALLY just stirred the pot here in our corner of the CS world. LOL!

Couldn't help myself....had to post on CS. What she is doing is SOOOO unethical.

DebbieJ said:
Couldn't help myself....had to post on CS.

What she is doing is SOOOO unethical.

My bet is that she will be deleting that thread now that she's been found out. ...but she'll be back.

Oh, and Deb, thanks for posting that. Unfortunately it's already been burried by a page turn but hopefully people will want to see what you clarified.

Off to go see what's new on that thread. I'm glad you posted something Deb.

I finally shared on CS what I found. Ultimately, everyone there is an adult and can choose whether or not to become a distributor under her. At least the fact the company is a MLM and she is a distributor is there for those considering it.

Ugh, I hate the thought of getting slammed...but as Rae would say, I've got to just pull up those big girl panties and move forward.:blushing:

legacypc46 said:
I finally shared on CS what I found. Ultimately, everyone there is an adult and can choose whether or not to become a distributor under her. At least the fact the company is a MLM and she is a distributor is there for those considering it.

Thanks to both Beth and Leggy for posting responses and Leggy what I like best is that you posted that PC TERMINATED her consultant agreement. For a while she's been passing herself off as if she voluntarily moved on to something else... which she did, but she's acting like she left PC voluntarily which is a lie.

Hopefully the newer consultants over there will read it and FINALLY understand....

finley1991 said:
what I like best is that you posted that PC TERMINATED her consultant agreement.

Did that for the very reasons you mentioned. (Again, no specific ill will, but the newbies should at least know there is more to the story than what is conveyed in her signature block.) Oh well, I'm done with it. Thank you guys for the reinforcing posts on CS. (And thanks Deb for initiating the clarification there.)

Now, let's all go cheer Carolyn on to TPC in sales.....:party:

I'm afraid I'm back in the fray....having just responded to her post. Maybe I am the one who can't read but how does her post there and what she emailed Debi jive?

I signed up as an “entrepreneur” with them after trying it for a while, but I’m not taking my focus off PQ… it’s just a way to be able to “refer” people and get a little kickback every once in a while…
From the post today on CS:
EVen if you sign up as a distributor, you get other perks in the package, but to benefit monetarily, you have to meet certain requirements and minimums and make minimum purchases. Which I don't do.

You can read about the entrepreneur level on the company's website. It's $398 plus a monthly buy-in of $31 per month (that's a total on $770!?)...that's awfully steep for something you don't receive a return on.

Debi, I respect your privacy so won't share on CS about her kickback.

Yeah, what she is saying doesn't add up. Her public posts and her private PMs tell different stories, not just with this, but with her recruiting for PQ as well. I alerted Greg and he is on it.

What I find sad is that most of the people who are trying to get to the rood of everything are directors. It kind of makes it looks like directors vs consultants....sad.And, she said she was confused at how it works?!? If you remember, a while ago I asked on here if anyone used this service. I was TOTALLY confused at how things worked, nobody responded - probably because nobody used them - and I dropped it. I'm glad I didn't get into it more...

singing**accentuate the postive, eliminate the negative, and don't worry about Mr. In-between***

let's all move on.....
it is what it is.

amy07 said:
singing**accentuate the postive, eliminate the negative, and don't worry about Mr. In-between***

let's all move on.....
it is what it is.

I agree....right after this post :angel: (I confess, I'm weak)

Simply sharing what she PM'd to Cheffers to explain the confusion:

Hi guys, you’re receiving this email because there may have been a misunderstanding about send out cards and “how I benefit” from it. I signed up for the service through a friend of mine. It works well for me, and I told my friend that I had a bunch of other friends that I know it would work well for, too. I paid for the membership package that she said was the best deal for me. It was my understanding that I would get free ‘points’ (cards) for referring you guys to my referral site. I saw the referral site as the exact same thing as a netwinner referral site or a postcalls site. Both of those give kickbacks and/or bonus products, so I figured it was okay to share it with you on Chef Success. She let me know that my friends could try it for free by letting them use some of my postage and cards in my account, so I offered it to you guys to try.

Well, it was just posted on chef success that if I refer enough folks or sign people up for the service (be retail or wholesale) that I could potentially have monetary gain. As in NOT cards/points but money. Which I guess would be the same, because with money I can buy more cards, but of course folks who doubted my intentions on the board are having a hay-day with this information, and I was just sitting here thinking I’m just able to get free cards for referring people. LOL. Geez.

So what I’d like to do, if it’s okay with you… if you do want to use the service, and you feel “duped” by me L , send me an email or something and I’ll either refund what I wind up getting from whatever “bonus” I wind up receiving by sending you a personal check with a printout of exactly what bonus I got.. I’m also happy to donate whatever bonus I get to your favorite charity and I’ll mail you a receipt for YOUR tax deduction.

After looking closer at the program that was outlined for their packages, I don’t think I qualify for any bonus because I’m not meeting their minimums for that, and don’t have a certain structure of membership, but I don’t know what else I can do. I intended for this to be something I could share with you, and even let you try it on MY dime, but it’s turned in to something where people are coming at me with pitchforks again.

Sorry for the confusion or trauma I’ve caused.

It just doesn't add up. She is now trying to cover her ass. As you said, Kris, the trust is gone. I hope she's booted.

So very very tired of the innocent act!!!

When I exposed how she was trying to recruit people from here last year someone posted that she didn't do that with them... Duh, a wolf in sheeps clothing knows who the weakest ones are. I wish I still had a copy of that letter.... It screamed PC is a crappy company, you'd do MUCH better with me. I looked at that video she was promoting and both hers and Tom's say that they were with another DS and how they're are doing so much better. Good for them. I would never dream of leaving PC for that, in my opinion the market is limited in comparison especially here in the west. Anyway everyone has flaws, hers obviously have to do with integrity and being upfront.

Addie, I happened to save the PM she sent me when I asked the name of the company she went with. (I can't believe I saved it since I often delete pm's too fast and then wish I had them later for one reason or another - but I did keep it that time) Here's what she said (my original question is at the bottom). Dated 7/16/07

Hey Beth!
If you'd like to see the commission structure and more info, send me an email: and I'll attach it to an email.

I'm trying my best to be as respectful as I can and follow the rules of the Direct Sales association as well, but it's perfectly legal for me to answer your questions in private as long as you ask me to first.

I am going with Private Quarters. It's a luxury linens, bath, spa & accessories company. Being able to jump in to a cushy comfy bed that is just like the ones at those fancy luxury hotels is a great feeling that everyone should have for EACH bed in their home & these products provide that to everyone in their own homes.

Their company-wide show average is over $900. Most of the consultants I've talked to, have show averages of $1200 or more.

If I had been with PQ this month instead of PC (my team’s doing about $4000/mo without me), my commission check & overrides would have been over $1000 more. That made me realize that I shouldn’t waste any more time wondering, and just give it a try! What can it hurt? No one is going to die if it doesn’t work out, but if it DOES work out… omg that’s like getting in to PC early on. I have to give it a try for my family – I have to see whats possible out there.

Active consultant commission is 25%-30% and goes up to 40% immediately with 2-3 recruits. Overrides start at 5% with your first recruit, and top at 11% as you progress with 3+ active recruits.

I've found the prices to be very similar to JCPenney or Linens and Things, and the quality similar to the Westin Hotels (which are known for their fantastic beds). Many hotels use products like PQ and make them available for purchase to their guests, however through the direct sales consultants, the prices are better and there are more selections available. The company is founded by Jeff Stroud - as in "Stroud's Linens" chain-stores. Jeff is also on the Board of Directors with the Direct Sales Association. So the company has the product knowledge from a major linens company expert, as well as the accountability from being on the Board of Directors with the DSA. It's a really fun time to join... plus - the market is huge. Every house has a kitchen, yes... but wow every house has multiple beds & baths, too. The market is huge – and untapped.

They're still new, so they want leaders ASAP. There are no territories, so I will be “planting” clusters all over the US, and training team leaders to build big teams in their markets. It’s got huge potential and we’re planning to go about this in a big way – very quickly.

Here's the website, if you'd like to check it out...

http://www.privatequarters.net

There are less than 1500 consultants across the nation. it's so exciting to me to get in on something as big as Pampered Chef early on. Can you imagine what it was like to jump on board with PC 25 years ago? That is what our team will be able to experience. My goal is to have the type of team that raises the bar of this company.

And yes, Tom Marston will be my immediate Recruiter/Director. My upline Director will be Belinda Ellsworth’s son. PQ Training calls and conference workshops and leadership dinners are held with Belinda. Tom was #2 in the entire company history for Pampered Chef in sales, and he will be directly training me and my team. Tom is a dear friend of mine and is my business mentor and trainer. I'll be holding conference calls to train my team across the U.S. to get everyone started, and he will be taking a very active role to help me train.

Matter of fact, on Wednesday my team will have a conference call with their VP of Sales (like their version of Jean Jonas), and on next Tuesday, we'll be having a call with Belinda Ellsworth.

I'm so excited to start building an organization, and we're jumping on early enough that we're getting private attention from the leaders of the company. Its so much easier to succeed when you have the "big guys" at the home office personally training you and taking your personal phone calls!

Thanks for supporting me, I truly appreciate it so much! Let me know if I can answer any other questions for you.

-Laura

Originally Posted by BethCooks4U
Ok. I too am curious as to what company you went to. Can you send me a link to their website too?

Good luck,
Beth

I finally had to respond. I hope I was helpful in answering the question she so innocently asked!:yuck::yuck::yuck:

WOW Beth! That was a very long response for just asking for the name of the company and the website. I did not read where you asked about the business opportunity. I guess I am not good at reading in between the lines.

ummm... I didn't (I know you don't think I did). I am very happy with The Pampered Chef. I titled my pm "curious".

Um, all you asked for was the name of the company and she writes a huge message (surely copied and pasted to everyone else who asked) about how great PQ is and how bad PC is.

I got the same PM from Laura and all I asked was what the name of the company was...

Just way too funny! I am so glad I never asked the name. I probably would have not given a very nice response to all of the unsolicited information.

I got the exact same email when I asked about the company.

I agree....this is all too funny. Maybe instead of watching LOST tonight, I'll grab a glass of wine and just read through all of the posts on here and CS. It's entertaining how we seem to be seeing some major backtracking. From the beginning, it all just stunk. That just cracks me up that probably everybody got the same copy and pasted PM - when you all just asked one simple question. I'm just sitting here shaking my head....

OK, no, mine is a little different and less wordy, but basically the same information. Except it includes the follow paragraph:

I'm not trying to out and out recruit anyone - seriously... however I've really had my eyes opened that there is truly so much more financial potential with this new company than with Pampered Chef. As much as I love PC, they don't pay enough – especially for someone like yourself that income is a necessary issue to consider.

I sometimes consider myself a Drama Mama! I just can't stop reading the posts with the drama.

finley1991 said:
I got the same PM from Laura and all I asked was what the name of the company was...

Same here...and then I mysteriously got added to the emailing list of some PQ consultant whose name I'd never heard of. After a few emails (recruiting emails, of course), I finally unsubscribed with a curt email about how I had no clue who she was or why she was persuing me but I'd like it to stop.

well, I joined in the fray over there on CS...just couldn't keep my fingers quiet any longer! I don't give a d@mn what anyone over there thinks of me anyway, so why not say what needed to be said!
Kris, you are so sweet not to try to make any judgements, I admire you for that!
I will say that since I quit reading posts regularly on CS, my bloood pressure has dropped!;)

wow, I am so glad my new people on my team have no idea about CS, I don't need them to see the crap Laura is spouting, yeesh

ChefLoriG said:
wow, I am so glad my new people on my team have no idea about CS, I don't need them to see the crap Laura is spouting, yeesh

I really hesitate to tell any of my new recruits as well. If I do mention it, I caution them not to let the drama discourage them but there is a wealth of info, espeically in the files. I know how much it helped me in the beginning and it's such a shame my team can't get as much from it.

I think it was on this site that someone mentioned that they do not tell theit team about CS, but does tell them that they have access to several "loops" with really good files...if their consultants are ever looking for something, let her know! I thought that was a good way for her to share CS without sharing the crap that spouts from there too frequently!

I thought I remembered this:

"09-18-2007, 08:08 PM #171
Pampered Laura

Experience: 1 years
Best Show: $ 2300
Show Count:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My post was deleted by the admin. I gave my stats of recruiting and offered to give advice.

So I guess I'll just say that if you have questions for me for whatever reason, just email or call me. . I won't be posting on Chef Success anymore.

Thanks.

Laura Wells, Friend of The Cheffers
Former PC Consultant: Jan 06 - July 07
2006-2007 Atlantis for two achiever
earned TPC Recruiting 2006-2007
Was #1 Recruiter - June 07 - Dream Patrol Recipient
On a new adventure!"

Hmmm...I wondered what happened! She went from September to December with no posts. Then back on.

I seriously need to just get past this. It just makes me so upset.

Someone wished her a happy birthday.

I find it interesting that she refuted Meg's statement about PC asking her to resign with "Meg I was not asked to resign. I was terminated 2 weeks after my resignation."

She resigned her directorship and then because of her thinly veiled recruiting to the other company PC terminated her being a consultant.

Is anyone else thinking of the Darby situation?

I personally love CS and am disappointed with some of the recent dramas (today's included, even though I was a part of it).

I think it is such an amazing resource. I miss the days of Beth, Rae, Linda, KG, and all the Ann/e/s (and others) making it a supportive environment. I still tell my consultants to check it out, but I let them know it isn't all pretty.

I respect that Laura has friends there (and here), but it seems her posts end up causing friction lately. It would be so much better if she could simply share thru her friends versus to everyone. I have friends in other DS companies, but I don't join their individual forums or go to their meetings....no matter how good the ideas there are.

And as much as it is preferable to give someone the benefit of the doubt, I think there is an intent to prospect.

As for today's thread, there is still a lack of forthcoming clarity. I built a successful career listening for nuances in intent and word choice. Something can be literally true, but false in every other sense. Too many smoke and mirrors for me.

Debi said:
Is anyone else thinking of the Darby situation?

Oh, that was terribly ugly!

<h2>1. What is the promotion for a free T-shirt at Bloomingdales in NYC?</h2><p>The promotion is for a free "Jumper" T-shirt from the new movie at the Manhattan store's new mens department, No. 59 Metro.</p><h2>2. Is the promotion available at all Bloomingdales locations?</h2><p>No, the promotion is only available at the Manhattan store on 59th St., between 3rd & Lex.</p><h2>3. What type of T-shirt will be given out for free?</h2><p>The T-shirt being given out for free is a "Jumper" T-shirt from the new movie.</p><h2>4. When does the promotion end?</h2><p>The promotion ends on February 21st.</p><h2>5. What should I do if the store is out of "Jumper" T-shirts?</h2><p>If the store is out of "Jumper" T-shirts, they may offer you a No. 59 Metro T-shirt instead. However, this will vary by store location and availability, so your mileage may vary.</p>

1. What is the promotion for a free T-shirt at Bloomingdales in NYC?

The promotion is for a free "Jumper" T-shirt from the new movie at the Manhattan store's new mens department, No. 59 Metro.

2. Is the promotion available at all Bloomingdales locations?

No, the promotion is only available at the Manhattan store on 59th St., between 3rd & Lex.

3. What type of T-shirt will be given out for free?

The T-shirt being given out for free is a "Jumper" T-shirt from the new movie.

4. When does the promotion end?

The promotion ends on February 21st.

5. What should I do if the store is out of "Jumper" T-shirts?

If the store is out of "Jumper" T-shirts, they may offer you a No. 59 Metro T-shirt instead. However, this will vary by store location and availability, so your mileage may vary.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
pamela
Replies
Views
chefkathy
Replies
Views
Mel5497
  • Admin Greg
  • General Chat