1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Bookings Follow up on Bookings or Sales Question

1. WendyAebi

WendyAebi Member

Which do you think you have more influence over? Assume, if you can, that all other things are equal. (You have a decent turnout and you're "on" for your demo, for example) Is it easier for you as the consultant to boost sales or secure bookings?

Oct 11, 2005
  2. chefbilyeu

chefbilyeu Member

As a consultant, I think it's easier for me to control bookings, if I have to choose. I think that most people come to a show with a "limit" on how much they can spend. I know that I can control what items I show, offer items that compliment what's on their order, and "sell" the products, but if someone only has $50 to spend, they will only spend $50, for the most part. That can go the other way though too...if someone has $100 to spend, but I don't do a good demo, cross selling, etc, she may walk away with a Scraper, and that's it.

But, back to bookings...I think that I have MORE control over bookings. If my demo is fun, I encourage theme shows, I talk about the host benefits, and then I do a good job at dating them at the end of the night, the bookings will be there. If I don't ask for bookings, I won't get them. But if I don't "sell" any products, people will most likely still buy something. Does that make sense??? :rolleyes:

Oct 13, 2005
  3. rwesterpchef

rwesterpchef Advanced Member

I ditto Rebecca. I have much more control over their choice to host a show than I do how much their checkbook will permit them to spend.

Oct 13, 2005
  4. its_me_susan

its_me_susan Senior Member

Would you please share some of the exact phrases you might use when checking someone out? :)

Oct 13, 2005
Have something to add?