• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Flight Prices Down From Last Week

In summary, Airtran is having a big sale where you can fly from Charlotte to Chicago for National Conference for as little as $137.30 all taxes included. The cheapest fare is for departing Saturday July 14 and returning on Wednesday, July 18. It is $30 more to fly on Sunday but then you have one less Hotel night.
reba515
Last week flights from Boston were $222 today $138 (round trip)
I think last year I paid about $115 so they may go down even more.

reba515 said:
Last week flights from Boston were $222 today $138 (round trip)
I think last year I paid about $115 so they may go down even more.
Wow what airline?
They are still waaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyy to high from calif. $100+ higher than before. I keep checking everyday:(

Check www.hotwire.com they have really low fares the last time I looked.

southwest is having an internet special, $49 one way.

Another good site to check is www.kayak.com. They include results from most of the major airlines/travel sites, so it's one-stop comparison shopping.

I live in Dallas so we have been limited on Southwest - I just heard the other day they are expanding out of Love Field to 16 more cities I am hoping that Chicago might be one of them

They went up from 288 to 488 from California. :(

SillyChef said:
They went up from 288 to 488 from California. :(

holy cow!!!:eek:

I am not going but thought this might help someone out.

Print - Close Window
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2007 20:21:15 EST
Subject: Airfare to PC National Conference
To: [email protected]
Right now, Airtran is having a big sale. You can fly from Charlotte to Chicago for National Conference for as little as $137.30 all taxes included. The cheapest fare is for departing Saturday July 14 and returning on Wednesday, July 18. It is $30 more to fly on Sunday but then you have one less Hotel night. Just wanted to pass this on! It is the cheapest I have seen in a while.

Paula Schmietendorf
Independent Senior Director with The Pampered Chef;
864-236-8252; Verizon Cell 915-9215

If you fly, when do you get there and then leave? Would I want to fly in the day before and leave the day after?

Are any of your clustermates going? If so, I would travel with them...If not, you can arrive on the first morning or the afternoon/evening before the first day so that you can sightsee. On the last day you can leave in the evening after the last session or leave the following morning. It just depends on how much time you'd like to spend in Chicago sightseeing.

chefheather said:
southwest is having an internet special, $49 one way.

Wow, from where? I'm from Ohio too, and last I looked (a couple of weeks ago) they were about $120 R/T from Columbus to Chicago on American. I'd take the $49 deal tho!

Related to Flight Prices Down From Last Week

1. What factors contribute to flight prices going down?

Flight prices can be affected by a variety of factors such as demand, seasonality, competition, and fuel prices. When demand for flights is low, airlines may lower their prices in order to fill up empty seats. Seasonal changes, such as low travel periods, can also impact flight prices. Additionally, competition among airlines can lead to price drops as they try to attract more customers. Lastly, fluctuations in fuel prices can impact the overall cost of flights.

2. How often do flight prices change?

Flight prices can change multiple times throughout the day, depending on demand and other factors. It is common for airlines to adjust their prices several times a week, or even daily, in response to market conditions.

3. Can I get a refund if flight prices go down after I've already booked?

This depends on the airline's specific policies. Some airlines may offer a refund or credit for the price difference if you contact them within a certain timeframe, while others may not have a price guarantee. It's important to check with the airline directly or your travel agent for their specific policies.

4. How far in advance should I book to get the best flight prices?

It's generally recommended to book flights at least 3-4 weeks in advance for domestic travel and 6-8 weeks in advance for international travel. However, this can vary depending on the destination, time of year, and other factors. It's always a good idea to compare prices and book when you find a good deal.

5. Are there any tips for finding the best flight prices?

Some tips for finding the best flight prices include being flexible with your travel dates, booking in advance, using price comparison websites, signing up for airline newsletters for special deals, and considering alternative airports or routes. It can also be helpful to set price alerts and be ready to book when you see a good deal.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• NooraK
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
3RingChef
Replies
Views
NinaPChef
  • lakamper
  • General Chat
Replies