• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Fixing P3 Software: How to Restore Your Shows After a Reinstall - pp Plus

In summary, Keith forgot to restore his P3 software after submitting a few shows last night and now his software is not up to date. He emailed tech support but doesn't have an answer yet. He is worried because if he submits the shows now, they will be duplicated on HO's end. He recommends calling tech support.
leftymac
So, I just made a faux pas with P3. Last night I was reinstalling windows on my mac and when I went to reinstall P3 and tried to restore it, I realized that I unfortunately forgot to restore it after I submitted a few shows. So yeah, the shows are submitted of course, but now my p3 software isn't up to date anymore with all of the info (still says the shows aren't submitted, etc). Is there anything I can do to get it right again? I emailed tech support but don't have an answer yet... :mad:

Keith, I would call Tech Support! They can walk you through just about any scenario over the phone.

If you don't have a valid backup to restore to, then you're stuck with it showing "unsubmitted". I had to start a new instance when a hard drive crashed and I was working on data recovery for 4 weeks (no valid backup). When the data got restored, I brought up that file, then had to enter my recent shows without resubmitting them. They will always show unsubmitted because if I submit them, it will duplicate them on HO's end.Hope that makes sense...

leftymac said:
So, I just made a faux pas with P3. Last night I was reinstalling windows on my mac and when I went to reinstall P3 and tried to restore it, I realized that I unfortunately forgot to restore it after I submitted a few shows. So yeah, the shows are submitted of course, but now my p3 software isn't up to date anymore with all of the info (still says the shows aren't submitted, etc). Is there anything I can do to get it right again? I emailed tech support but don't have an answer yet... :mad:

CALL THEM....they will help you immediately....;)

Turns out there's nothing I can do. It doesn't affect anything but myself, so oh well. :(

leftymac said:
Turns out there's nothing I can do. It doesn't affect anything but myself, so oh well. :(

I figured...been there, done that...argued with the techs on it...

You'll be fine...I have a few shows in my program sitting like that...

At least you know now for "next time".

Keith - did the same thing and hate seeing the little red circles in my Shows list... oh well. At least I didn't lose something that would affect my commission!

Now I back up to an external hard drive EVERY TIME I exit P3.

1. How do I reinstall the P3 software?

To reinstall the P3 software, first make sure you have the installation disc or download file. Then, follow the instructions provided in the user manual or on the Pampered Chef website. Make sure to have your license key ready as you may need it during the reinstallation process.

2. Will reinstalling the P3 software delete my saved shows?

No, reinstalling the P3 software should not delete any of your saved shows. The reinstallation process will simply replace the software files and should not affect any of your saved data. However, it is always recommended to back up your shows before performing any major updates or changes.

3. What should I do if I encounter errors during the reinstallation process?

If you encounter any errors during the reinstallation process, try restarting your computer and then trying again. If the errors persist, you may need to contact our technical support team for further assistance. It is also helpful to provide details about the specific error message you are receiving.

4. Can I restore my shows after a reinstallation without a backup?

If you did not back up your shows before the reinstallation, it may still be possible to restore them. However, this will depend on the specific circumstances and may not always be successful. It is always recommended to regularly back up your shows to avoid any potential loss of data.

5. How often should I perform a reinstallation of the P3 software?

The frequency of reinstalling the P3 software will depend on your individual needs and usage. Some users may never need to reinstall, while others may choose to do so every few months. It is generally recommended to reinstall if you encounter any technical issues or if there is a major update to the software.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• AMTC
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
pampermeplease
  • chefann
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Dianneskitchen
  • AMTC