• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

First-Timer Questions: Registration & Hotel Costs

In summary, the cost of the conference is $200, and you can save $150 by doing the conference club. Registration starts tomorrow, but you can sign up now if you want. The cost of flights and train tickets are also available.
redsoxgirl
I know sign-ups start tomorrow, but my husband and I are trying to look at numbers as soon as possible.

Do we know how much registration costs?
How much do hotels usually cost?

This is my first, so anything you can tell me would be very much appreciated!

Hotels can get expensive, unless you are rooming with people in your cluster and split it 3 or 4 ways. (some over $300 a night)

Registration is about $175-200 if I recall. You can earn free, if you qualify with the promotion they are having

Some meals are included at the conference other times (dinner) you will be on your own.

Taxi's

Airfare

Also -- factor in spending, the vendors will be there, as well as my fave SURPRISE boxes (which are available in denominations of $10, $25, $50) with various discontinued products in them. Fed ex is there and will ship to your door, and put it on your PC debit or credit card.

HTH!

TOMORROW!!!! Thanks for the reminder!!!!Last year, we got a "pre-sign-up" brochure so we knew what sessions were available, etc...anyone get anything?

If I drive ... does the hotel charge for parking?

Parking in Chicago is VERY expensive ($25+ per day). We have drove the past 2 years and split and parking, gas & tolls but this year we are looking into MegaBus or Amtrak. Once you get to Chicago you never move your car until you leave.

Di_Can_Cook said:
If I drive ... does the hotel charge for parking?

Yes, I parked in the Palmer House Hilton lot for 3 days, I think it cost me about $80!

oh my - I just checked the train from Central Mass - 20 hours one way!! N thanks - I'll fly and spend the extra $100!!

I'm going to sign up for the Conference Club next year I think.
Should have done that before - shucks :(

redsoxgirl said:
oh my - I just checked the train from Central Mass - 20 hours one way!! N thanks - I'll fly and spend the extra $100!!

I think I'm flying out of Manchester (unless Logan is cheaper).
I'm not sure about the hotel, I've sent an email to my director but haven't heard back from her yet.
This is my first time too so I'm clueless as to what I should be doing :confused:

Oh my goodness! Eighty bucks just to park my car? My director found flights for $139 that are still available!

Di_Can_Cook said:
Oh my goodness! Eighty bucks just to park my car? My director found flights for $139 that are still available!

With the cost of gas, go with the flights/train if you can.

jrny2001 said:
I think I'm flying out of Manchester (unless Logan is cheaper).
I'm not sure about the hotel, I've sent an email to my director but haven't heard back from her yet.
This is my first time too so I'm clueless as to what I should be doing :confused:

I'll probably be flying out of Hartford - I found a United flight for $219 roundtrip. I'd stay away from Logan if you can. It's always super crazy at Logan! Maybe try Hartford or TF Green in RI if Manchester doesn't look good.

Logan is usually cheaper than TF Green from my experience. I left RI in Sept 07...but then again I didn't have the time to drive to logan so I just spent the extra and flew out of TF Green.

Conference is $200. I did the conference club and only saved $150 (didn't do well in sales in Dec so nothing to take out that month or else I'd be paid up). But thats one step closer to conference. :)
My upline is taking care of the hotel registration for me. We are splitting a room with 2 others so the cost is only like $40 a night. I'm flying in from either NY (so my mom can watch the kids) or CA (where we are stationed and kids go in daycare for 3 days) and with my dad living in Chicago he's going to pick me up from the airport...I'll take him out to lunch as my thanks for getting me to the hotel (lunch is still cheaper than a taxi, etc. ha ha ha)

Just an FYI from my dad- parking has gone up in the last year and so has taxi rides. Take public transportation if you can!!!

I'm SUPER EXCITED for Conference!!!!!!!!!!!!!

redsoxgirl said:
I'll probably be flying out of Hartford - I found a United flight for $219 roundtrip. I'd stay away from Logan if you can. It's always super crazy at Logan! Maybe try Hartford or TF Green in RI if Manchester doesn't look good.

What airport are you arriving in? If you can try for Midway, they are much smaller & less hectic. Easier to board & get out of. HTH

We did Midway last year and it was so much better than Ohare!

It was O'Hare I believe - thanks for the tip! I'll make sure to check out Midway.

I'm leaving from NYC & I take the smallest of them all. I'm somewhat Claustrophobic (sp?) So since they are domestic flights they have smaller planes(which I like) You get right on & right off & out the terminal in record time! As far as the hotel, I know ALOT of women that put 4 in a room with 2 double beds & you sleep together. A little too close for me, especially if you dont know one another. There are buses back & forth to the convention center which are free. Also if you go to the Navy Pier or somewhere around there a cab is about 5-6 dollars.:cool:

I had a 3 hour layover in Midway a while back and hated it because it was the most boring airport on earth ... but it looked like an easy one to get in and out of. If I fly in, that is the airport we're all using.

Ginger428 said:
I'm leaving from NYC & I take the smallest of them all. I'm somewhat Claustrophobic (sp?) So since they are domestic flights they have smaller planes(which I like) You get right on & right off & out the terminal in record time! As far as the hotel, I know ALOT of women that put 4 in a room with 2 double beds & you sleep together. A little too close for me, especially if you dont know one another. There are buses back & forth to the convention center which are free. Also if you go to the Navy Pier or somewhere around there a cab is about 5-6 dollars.:cool:

Yeah - I'm not sure I'm real crazy about staying in a room with women I barely know either. Well, sharing a room is fine, but sharing a bed I'm not real comfortable with. Need to figure out what to do on that part.

redsoxgirl said:
Yeah - I'm not sure I'm real crazy about staying in a room with women I barely know either. Well, sharing a room is fine, but sharing a bed I'm not real comfortable with. Need to figure out what to do on that part.
It's like a big slumber party! I think it's fun...
conference club is definately the way to go; much easier that way. Of course you can earn it for free or half off right now too!

Janet, I haven't gotten anything in the mail either. Usually we get something describing the classes & such....hmmmm..

Ah man! I forgot it's tomorrow! Bummer, with my new people working with me, I won't be able to register until I get home.

I signed up for conference club in August (I was very excited to go back). It was around $25 per paycheck, so it was really nice to not have a huge chunk come out.

I took about $300 spending cash last year. That covered food, gas since we drove, hotel split 4 ways and extra.

Di_Can_Cook said:
I had a 3 hour layover in Midway a while back and hated it because it was the most boring airport on earth ... but it looked like an easy one to get in and out of. If I fly in, that is the airport we're all using.
It used to be the most boring airport I'd ever been in. It has been remodeled and isn't as bad. Not sure when you last "visited". I still don't think I'd want to be there for 3 hours, though.

I was wondering about the advance brochure too. I seem to remember getting a couple of pieces of mail about NC last year, and haven't received a thing this year. They really haven't even done a big job of publicizing that the registration is opening tomorrow. I thought that was odd.

Probably because you can earn free or half price until April

Question 1: What is the cost of registration for a first-timer at Pampered Chef?

The registration fee for first-timers at Pampered Chef is $99. This fee includes access to all conference sessions, workshops, and events.

Question 2: Are there any discounts available for first-timers?

Unfortunately, there are no discounts available for first-timers at Pampered Chef. However, the registration fee includes a welcome kit with valuable products and tools that can offset the cost.

Question 3: Do I need to book my own hotel room for the conference?

No, Pampered Chef will handle all hotel accommodations for first-timers at no additional cost. Hotel reservations will be made based on your registration information.

Question 4: Can I share a hotel room with another first-timer to save on costs?

Yes, you can request to be paired with another first-timer to share a hotel room. However, please note that roommates will be assigned based on gender and smoking preferences.

Question 5: Can I cancel my registration and hotel reservation if I am unable to attend?

Yes, you can cancel your registration and hotel reservation up to 30 days before the conference start date. A $25 processing fee will be applied, and any remaining balance will be refunded to you.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Carissidy
  • wadesgirl
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • pc_jessica
  • General Chat
Replies