• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

First Show is Tomorrow: Tips for a Successful Pampered Chef Debut!

In summary, Jennifer is preparing for her first show tomorrow and she is nervous. She is relying on her sister-in-law for input on products and doesn't feel confident about her knowledge of the catalog. She has watched the show demo DVD at least twice and has practiced the recipes. She wants guests to share their favorite tools and why they like them. She is optimistic about the show and is looking forward to it.
jenniferp417
[UPDATE] First Show is TOMORROW!I'm freaked.

My first show is tomorrow. My sister-in-law is the host - and she loves PC with a passion, so that makes it easier! When I first told her I was going to sell PC, she got all excited and pulled everything PC from her cupboards to show me... and she has a LOT!

She said we have 15 people expected, and 2 outside orders already.

I'm going to make the artichoke pizza and the chocolate tart, both from Season's best.

I intended to practice both of them yesterday, but I was sick - I want to practice them tonight, but I really want to go over all the materials from PC some more, because I just don't feel ready.

I know the biggest thing is I just have to be confident, excited about PC, and try not to bleed all over the food.

What else?

Last edited:
Take some gloves just in case! ;)

Really rely on your sister-in-law to chime in with all of her great input on products. Don't worry so much about knowing where everything is in your catalog. One thing that helped me was writing down some notes on an index card. Just very brief...stoneware, cookware, bookings, simple additions and recruiting. That way it helps you to not miss the key points and if you do miss one...don't sweat it!

One thing I did when I first started was put the door prize drawing slip in the folder with their catalog and order form. I didn't have very good response on my drawing slips doing it that way because people had already made up their minds before they even knew anything about it.

Sounds like you have a great hostess so have fun and let her help you sell the products! Have fun and let us know how it turns out!!

Let people know that it's your first show, too. They'll be more understanding that you don't know everything yet. And you may get more bookings from it (say "I could really use the practice,")

You'll do great!

MicheleC said:
One thing I did when I first started was put the door prize drawing slip in the folder with their catalog and order form. I didn't have very good response on my drawing slips doing it that way because people had already made up their minds before they even knew anything about it.!

That is a great idea - I never thought about guests filling the cards out before knowing anything about TPC! I think I will take them out of my catalogs and hand them out after my demo..Thanks!

I watched the show demo DVD at least twice before my first show and it made it much smoother for me! (I'm on my 13 show now) I agree, tell them it is your first show! I did that and everyone was SOOO nice and supportive and they all said afterward how great I was and they never would have guessed it was my first one! Really gave me a great boost of confindence! Wishing you the best on your first show, You'll do great! :)

Don't be afraid to let you SIL and all of the other guests talk about what they like about our products. I learned a lot about our products by just letting the guests tell each other, and me:) , all the great things about our products.

Good luck - I'm sure you'll do a great job! Just relax and have fun!!

Practice the recipes tonight like you are doing the show, this will give you a chance to practice the recipes, but it will also let you feel more comfortable w/ your demo.Just breath, they aren't going to start throwing tomatoes at you and boo you off the stage. Like said above let your SIL & the guests sell the products, also don't be afraid to recruit your SIL, she sounds like she would make a great recruit! Good Luck!!!!Remember just Breathe!!!

Dear Jennifer, Have you ever gone to a resteraunt and the waiter or waitress shares that it's their first day? Or anywhere for that matter; a bank teller, or sales clerk....I don't know about you, but I generally feel right away that I want to be extra patient and nice to that person. Share that you are new and that you'd like to have guests share their favorite tools and why they like them, you should really have a good response and experience. Their testimonials should help boost your sales and confidence at the same time. Best of Luck on your new Business.

Sincerely,
Kim

Good Luck!! You will do just fine. Just tell them that this is your first show.
Let us know how you did!

Good luck!! just try to have fun and enjoy yourself. If you have fun, that will be contagious to the guests. If you mess up, just make a joke about it. Sometimes I'll say "See? They let ANYONE do this job!" I agree with the above posts, definitely have your SIL give her input about the products and what she loves. She'll basically be selling the stuff for you! Then after the show, ask if she's ever been curious about owning her own business and doing what you do! You never know....that's why they say "Just Ask."

Let us know how it goes! I agree too that practicing as much as you can is great. For me, that was probably the best "training." And I didn't cook before PC.

Good luck with your first show and I wish you lots of success! All of the above replies really are true! Enjoy and don't worry everything will be fine. Once you get the crowd talking about the products and how much they enjoy them everyone will be excited!

Girl, you're gonna do GREAT! Let the guests sell the products for you. When you bust out the chopper, ask who has one and what do they love about it? Show them how the blade turns when you push on it, do some choppin and move to the next one! Let us know how it goes!

Thanks...I"m glad...
amya said:
Don't be afraid to let you SIL and all of the other guests talk about what they like about our products. I learned a lot about our products by just letting the guests tell each other, and me:) , all the great things about our products.

someone mentioned this, this really sells PC especially when they all start talking about the products.

I was able to receive free product like the Quick Stir Pitcher last Aug. free with 60.00 order, and I always take that with me and use it during the show, usually a guaranteed sale.

I also find that after my speal, I let guests come up and try products out, with apples or something, I usually sell a few chopper's that way as well.

you will rock! come back with a 1.000 show I know you can do it!

The show hasn't closed yet, but it's going to be over $700 *before* the hostess even picks out her stuff! :) WHAT a first show! I'm so excited!I was a *total* klutz, and made a huge mess. I forgot most of what I wanted to talk about - I completely forgot to even have them talk about THEIR favorite PC stuff, though several of them volunteered the information themselves. So I have tons of practice to do before the next show!There was one solid booking and one maybe - so THAT is excellent, too!

Jennifer--this is wonderful! Don't worry about being a klutz and forgetting stuff. It is so easy to do! That also shows that we are human and as long as you realize that you're allset. Great on the booking and hope you get more! Just keep on studying and practicing and you'll be fine. Keep all of us posted.

Way to go Jennifer!

Great job! See, we told you that you could do it!

Way to go!!! Sometimes I still screw up and you just have to make it funny!!!
You will be fine!!!

Way to go Jennifer!!:)

Awesome job!! Way to go!!

Way to Go Jennifer!! How exciting!!!:D

That's awesome, Jennifer! Congratulations on such a great show! Just know that it DOES get easier! And even at 245 shows, I still screw up!!! Today I brought my "Why Bag" to my show and totally forgot to do it. Duh!!!!

It must feel nice to get your first show out of the way! Great job.

Hi Becky!

Can I ask what your why bag is ? Is that like the binder with pictures of why you are doing Pampered Chef? This sounds interesting.

Thanks-
Kelly

Related to First Show is Tomorrow: Tips for a Successful Pampered Chef Debut!

1. What should I wear to my first Pampered Chef show?

For your first show, it's important to dress comfortably and professionally. You will be demonstrating products and interacting with guests, so choose an outfit that you feel confident in and allows you to move around easily.

2. How long should my first show last?

A typical Pampered Chef show lasts about 2 hours, including setup and cleanup. However, your first show may take a little longer as you get comfortable with the process and learn how to pace yourself. Plan for about 2.5 hours for your first show.

3. What products should I focus on for my first show?

It's important to showcase a few key products during your first show to give guests a taste of what Pampered Chef has to offer. We recommend highlighting our top-selling items, such as our Mix 'N Chop, Garlic Press, and Quick Cooker, as well as any new or seasonal products.

4. How many guests should I invite to my first show?

We recommend inviting at least 15-20 guests to your first show. This will ensure a good turnout and give you the opportunity to reach the minimum sales requirement for earning host rewards.

5. What should I do if I feel nervous before my first show?

Feeling nervous before your first show is completely normal! Remember, your guests are there to support you and learn about Pampered Chef products. Take a deep breath, review your show plan, and trust in your training. You've got this!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
JD Gray
  • chefmoseley
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
gaddischef
  • tonzafunn