• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

First Cooking Show Success: Tips, Tricks, and Booking Opportunities!

In summary, Jen was nervous for her first cooking show but her kids ate the strawberries for her recipe. She is excited to have her first show behind her and is looking forward to more success.
PoseyMom
Well, I finally did it... I have been doing all catalog shows since September as we thought we were relocating, which apparently isn't happening... so now... I did my first cooking show... it was so nervewracking and then my kids ate the strawberries for my recipe!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: Since they aren't in season this involved me driving all over the place to find strawberries again, finaly got them, but it meant i was only 30 minutes early to the show... which would have been okay but i was doing a lot of stuff ahead of time. Next time I think I am just going to do the prep work ahead of time at my house. I really didn't feel that comfortable prepping in the kitchen with the hostess.

Anyway I didn't really know most of these ladies, but got two bookings out of it... and the hostess is still working on outside orders. We are still below the $400 mark, but hoping to get there by Friday. :) Of course, I forgot to say half of my stuff... got totally flustered half way through and there was a long pause of dead air.... But the gals were nice, they loved winning prizes... they were just prize junkies, kept giving ME reasons they should get prizes... lol. Anyway, hopefully the next two parties are successful too!

Congratulations! Isn't it nice to get that first show behind you? Don't worry about forgetting things, I do it all the time. Sometimes in the middle of my demo I'll remember something that I should have said about a product I talked about 10 minutes before - so I just say 'Oh....forgot to tell you about blah blah blah'....I usually get a laugh and someone else will chime in and say 'that's so true and it will also do yadda yadda yadda' - which makes me forget where I was all over again, but it makes it fun.

I totally forgot about tons of stuff in my first show... heck still to this day I forget about stuff! Just know that the shows will only get easier! Congratulations on being done!

Congrats on your 1st show. 2 books and sounds like the sales are going well, that is great.

YOu know... I was totally bummed out last night... I don't know why. I kept thinking that I should have had higher sales, but I think it was a low-income crowd so I guess I did okay. They were seasoned PC junkies which made it helpful. They sold everything for me. I even had a little old lady demo my can opener. She is hosting a show too!! I think next time I'm going to have more guests demo. I don't think I need to do anything and just let them do it all. I'll just stand around and throw prizes at people. :)

OH!! One other thing. So between this show and a catalog show I am closing tomorrow night I will meet my SS1. But my SS1 isn't until November. When will it ship? And then will sales in November only count toward plus bonuses? Or will they apply to SS2?

It usually ships within a week of your show that qualifies you for your SS1. You might want to think about calling HO and seeing if you can change your SS1 to be october and that way november would be your SS2 - not sure if that is good or bad for you depends on how you think your bookings for November, December, and January are. Otherwise any sales you have post-ss1 bonus going into a SS-bank where there are 4 options and you pick one each time your "bank" hits $1250.

Fantastic job so far, keep up the good work.

That is awsome Jen congrats!!!! I can say been their done that and own the tshirt of being flustered and forgetting stuff!!!

Tasha... I dont think I can switch it back to October. It was orginally October, but we were supposed to be moving to England in October so I pushed it to November. Well now we are not relocating, so we are just hanging out here waiting. I'll just let it accrue in my bank and see if I can keep getting bookings. I was thinking of doing a teacher's lunch hour demo at the school here. I should call and ask if that would be okay.

Well some of those "bank" options are in my opinion better than the SS monthly options. So look, drool, and set a goal to hit.

HAHA! I've been drooling lots. I wish I could assemble my own SS bonuses! My show finally closed at 457!! YAY! I'm so excited. Now I just need to get more November bookings!!

What are some tips for a successful first cooking show?

1. Prepare in advance: Make sure you have all the necessary ingredients and tools before the show starts. This will help you avoid any last-minute mishaps and make the cooking process smoother.

2. Engage your audience: Interact with your guests and encourage them to participate in the cooking process. This will make the show more fun and engaging for everyone.

3. Use high-quality products: As a Pampered Chef consultant, it's important to showcase the quality and durability of our products. Make sure to use them during the show to demonstrate their effectiveness.

4. Share your personal experience: Talk about your own experience with Pampered Chef products and how they have made your life easier in the kitchen. This will help build trust with your guests and make them more likely to purchase.

5. Offer booking opportunities: At the end of the cooking show, be sure to mention the benefits of hosting a Pampered Chef party and offer booking opportunities to your guests. This will help you grow your business and reach new customers.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• smartcookie
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • KayteTUrner
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
KayteTUrner
  • caremmel