• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Finally Did It! Spice Samples...

I've just been using a glue stick. It's just as easy and looks just as good!No, I love your idea of the label. It's nice and easy for me! I don't have time to do anything too constructive!
I'm not Becky, but I did about 2 T in mine. They worked out great! That could get quite spendy for 300 kids though! For a jar of caramel sprinkle that was 3/4 full, I got about 5 baggies.

Last edited:
crystalscookingnow said:
I'm not Becky, but I did about 2 T in mine. They worked out great! That could get quite spendy for 300 kids though!

I did 2 T in mine too. :D

I've not taken pictures. I can't imagine that they'd turn out all that great. Mine are just small bags with a standard address label on the front.

I love this idea. I was wondering, are we allowed to put a sample spice pack through the mail? I was wanting to send out some thank you cards, and thought it would be nice to include a recipe card or one of these spice sample packs. The PC recipe cards are too wide to fit in an envelope and I don't want to fold them, so I'm leaning towards the sample idea.

What a great idea Amanda!

Hi Lisa, nice that you remembered the sample I shared with you, when we met at Regional Conference. I do buy my bags at Michaels or JoAnn Fabrics. One thing I might mention is that I only put two teaspoons of the seasoning into the bag. That way, I get ten from the taller bottles i.e. SW ; Dill; Cinnamon Plus. When you divide that by the price you pay for the Samples, it is still affordable. However, when you are more
generous, you are increasing the price considerably.

In the four plus years I have been giving out these as party favors to everyone, I have yet to have someone call and reorder the sample they received. I just figure it keeps my business card handy for them, if they stuff it in one of their kitchen drawers. I also have sold these samples on bazaar tables for little kids to buy a gift for Mommy. I suggest $1 per sample or 3 for $2. I also enclose them with "Outside Orders" the hostess may have for her party. That way, the person has my card with the recipe card that I put with each order, if I happen to be receiving and packing them for my Hostess.

Crystal,
I was able to see your labels. LOVE them.

Rita,
Yes, I remember yours, if I remember right, you did yours based on colors, so SW was wrapped with a red paper or card stock and Rita made hers pretty, not just a baggie with a label on it. You don't happen to have a picture do you??

Lisa

caraighan said:
I can't open them either. I get the same thing about the bookmark.

I was able to open them. She might have saved them in a new version of word and that is why you cannot open them...

Becky, very clever idea my friend! :)

I hope the system will take the two pictures I am sending. I use 8 1/2" x 11" construction paper/card stock, cut in half the 11" length. Fold it and use a dye cutter to make the heart or circle. If you have Creative Memories system, that would work, or pick up the dye cut at Michaels or other craft stores. I paid for it with one of the 40% off coupons, so it was affordable. Place the 2 teaspoons of spice in the 2x3" zip bag, and place that on the inside of your fold, and staple in place when you staple your business card on the front. Put the spice label on the back, with it's number code i.e. Cinnamon Plus #9723, and use ideas.

Lisa, I am having difficulty attaching, again, tonight. I will send the
attachments to you, and perhaps you will have better luck.

I'm going to try and upload pictures from Rita.

Attachments

• #133 Cinnamon  - Heart sample packet.jpg.jpeg
    #133 Cinnamon - Heart sample packet.jpg.jpeg
    7.7 KB · Views: 468
  • #136 Circle spice packet.jpg.jpeg
    #136 Circle spice packet.jpg.jpeg
    11.9 KB · Views: 465
Thanks, Lisa. You little night hawk. I never expected such a quick response. Maybe you can also include that label. I could not find others in my files, tonight.

I love your samples Grandmarita!! I'm going to have to try this for my next show!!

GrandmaRita- those are too cute! I made up several spice sample bags and put in my prize bowl- no takers as of yet. But these would draw attention to them I bet!

Here's what Rita uses on a 3 across label, couldn't get the label to load, but here's the words.......

#9733 Rosemary Herb
Combine 1 Tbsp. Oil with contents. Rub mixture over surface of meat or fish. Bake,broil, grill as desired.

HTH,

Lisa

I finally got my lables done! Thank you everyone who posted on this great thread. :chef:

Attachments

• SpiceSamples-Labels.doc
    120.5 KB · Views: 497
I bought the larger bags (oops) 3x4 so I put 2 tbsp into it with the label on the bottom and then folded the loose end at the top in half and stapled my business card to them.

<h2>1. What inspired you to add spice samples to your gift bowl?</h2><p>The idea came from a Creative Memories forum, where other consultants had mentioned adding spice samples to their gift bowls at shows.</p><h2>2. Where did you purchase the zip top jewelry baggies for the spice samples?</h2><p>I bought them from Hobby Lobby for $1.99 for a pack of 100.</p><h2>3. What kind of labels did you make for the spice samples?</h2><p>I made my own labels with tips on how to use each seasoning. This way, guests can have a better understanding of what they are trying and how to use it.</p><h2>4. How did you choose which seasonings to include in the samples?</h2><p>I used extra seasonings that I had on hand to keep the cost low. I also chose popular and versatile seasonings to appeal to a wide range of tastes.</p><h2>5. Why do you think adding spice samples to your gift bowl is a good idea?</h2><p>I believe that the "try it before you buy it" concept is appealing to many people. This gives guests the opportunity to sample different seasonings and potentially discover new favorites. It also adds a unique and thoughtful touch to my gift bowl at shows.</p>

1. What inspired you to add spice samples to your gift bowl?

The idea came from a Creative Memories forum, where other consultants had mentioned adding spice samples to their gift bowls at shows.

2. Where did you purchase the zip top jewelry baggies for the spice samples?

I bought them from Hobby Lobby for $1.99 for a pack of 100.

3. What kind of labels did you make for the spice samples?

I made my own labels with tips on how to use each seasoning. This way, guests can have a better understanding of what they are trying and how to use it.

4. How did you choose which seasonings to include in the samples?

I used extra seasonings that I had on hand to keep the cost low. I also chose popular and versatile seasonings to appeal to a wide range of tastes.

5. Why do you think adding spice samples to your gift bowl is a good idea?

I believe that the "try it before you buy it" concept is appealing to many people. This gives guests the opportunity to sample different seasonings and potentially discover new favorites. It also adds a unique and thoughtful touch to my gift bowl at shows.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Chef Bobby
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
cspanich
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • colegrovet
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies